New Topic Respond to this Topic
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 01:40 AM Reply

Too many people think that vocaloid is an anime, due to videos such as this, and no one can blame them, it does look like an anime

However, Vocaloid is a legit Yamaha product, and a downloadable program through which you upload any given piece of music, and write your own lyrics. The program will then synthesize the lyrics using a vast library of voice acting.

Just got bored and thought I'd crack this nut

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 01:44 AM Reply

cool gadget but i don't think we need to spread awareness of this ever so minuscule misconception

Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 01:45 AM Reply

Vocaloid? I love that show!

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 01:45 AM Reply

At 10/9/12 01:44 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: cool gadget but i don't think we need to spread awareness of this ever so minuscule misconception

Do you like football? Doesn't it bug you when people get the tiny little details misconstrued?

TAB

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 01:47 AM Reply

At 10/9/12 01:45 AM, Ryanson wrote: Vocaloid? I love that show!

Ok, see, I know you're just doing that to bug me, so I'm just gonna laugh at your attempts heartily

TAB

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 01:49 AM Reply

I have a friend that told me that Vocaloid was a band.
I didn't know wtf Vocaloid was so I didn't object.

Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 01:53 AM Reply

At 10/9/12 01:45 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 10/9/12 01:44 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: cool gadget but i don't think we need to spread awareness of this ever so minuscule misconception
Do you like football? Doesn't it bug you when people get the tiny little details misconstrued?

not as much as you'd think. I just came to the conclusion one day that you might as well try to accept as much as you can for what it is because it takes too much energy to get worked up over people because they can't understand they're making a mistake about something you or I may feel passionately angry over

I mean i cannot fucking stand people who are burnt the fuck out. Like, errday pot smokers (then again i'm just a pot calling the kettle black here) or people who just generally do too many brain frying drugs. Like, humans are supposed to be intelligent but why smoke away the last of your functioning developing braincells as a teenager/kid because you are too impatient to experience a high that will never last as long as the permanent psycological damage you've doing to yourself?

I could continuously and mindlessly drone on about everything wrong with these people but there's really nothing I can do to change it so might as well not even concern myself or anyone else for that matter.

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 01:54 AM Reply

It's in Japanese AND you have to pay for it?

lolno.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 01:56 AM Reply

At 10/9/12 01:54 AM, Manly-Chicken wrote: It's in Japanese AND you have to pay for it?
lolno.

Well, it's for people who have upbeat J-pop, but with no voice actors to do it

You have to know what you're doing music wise, did you watch the introduction video?

TAB

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 02:02 AM Reply

I've always known what it is and so have my friends.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 02:16 AM Reply

I knew of this for a long time, in fact I was introduced to it as a program. I also found out shortly hatsune was a J-pop star.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 02:20 AM Reply

I used to have this fun monkey app thing on my computer who was called Bonzai Buddy. I'd type in a box and he'd sing it.
He gave my computer the trojan virus tho....
Is that almost the same thing?

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature
aListers
aListers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 02:21 AM Reply

When I discovered vocaloid I thought it was an anime too but I didn't really care about it. It was when I found out what it was that I started caring. Now I love vocaloid and about half the songs on my ipod are sung by a vocaloid. I do have a really small amount of memory in it though.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-on= anime era.
What have I done with my life?
clock crew

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 02:27 AM Reply

At 10/9/12 02:21 AM, aListers wrote: When I discovered vocaloid I thought it was an anime too but I didn't really care about it. It was when I found out what it was that I started caring.

bahahahahaaa

Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 02:42 AM Reply

At 10/9/12 01:47 AM, Xenomit wrote: Ok, see, I know you're just doing that to bug me, so I'm just gonna laugh at your attempts heartily

I was quoting something to poke fun at the whole "people think it's an anime" thing, no need to get your panties all wound up and pretend you're all high and mighty.

The only composer I bother with is Scop. I don't think I've bothered with Vocaloids one other than Miku or Gumi, but my friend shows me new Voca-songs every other week or so. It's a community that thrives because of the fans, not the money, so it's pretty fascinating. I enjoy check out the fanbase every now and again.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
berthon
berthon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 04:13 AM Reply

I Fucking LOVE Vocaloid!

Vocaloid awareness

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 05:23 AM Reply

At 10/9/12 01:47 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 10/9/12 01:45 AM, Ryanson wrote: Vocaloid? I love that show!
Ok, see, I know you're just doing that to bug me, so I'm just gonna laugh at your attempts heartily

do you need a plaque for your groundbreaking discoveries

lighten up just a little

Letiger
Letiger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 07:51 AM Reply

After reading that people though Vocaloid was an anime, I kept saying to myself, "What?" I know what it is, and I can very well say that I really, really, do not care for them all that much. Sure, I've heard one or two songs that were good, although I could tell the voice wasn't Miku. Besides that, all the singing sounds as if every member needs a throat lasenge. Unless it is a styalistic choice, I will only get into it when they can make them sound like actual humans.

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Vocaloid awareness Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 07:56 AM Reply

Aren't most or all of their songs in Japanese?
I can't speak japanese >.< But I was camping at Pismo once and me and my friend were talking about anime. This 50+ year old guy walks over and starts asking me if I know what vocaloid is. He then talked for 20 minutes on how its made in great detail. It was the strangest moment of my life.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature