00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What do you think of my work ?

875 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What do you think of my work ? 2012-10-08 08:36:47

this is my latest drawing give me some feed back if you like :)

Response to What do you think of my work ? 2012-10-08 08:37:55

this one is a little older check it out :)

Response to What do you think of my work ? 2012-10-08 08:42:58

At 10/8/12 08:37 AM, ReD-JestR wrote: this one is a little older check it out :)

These are good pieces upload more. You are good at getting tone right with a pencil it would seem but I'd like to see what you could do if you made a piece with digital software i.e. draw something in pencil first and then transfer it to a computer and re draw. I think it could be great after a bit of practice with the software.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my work ? 2012-10-08 10:24:58

At 10/8/12 08:36 AM, ReD-JestR wrote: this is my latest drawing give me some feed back if you like :)

More of this please!

Response to What do you think of my work ? 2012-10-08 11:35:37

I can see that you gave a decent study on the horse and those statues heads, and did what ever you could do with the form and seeing how the color and lighting works.

If I had to critique, I'll say that keep note and try smoothing out the forms of your artwork and make it more natural since I can obviously see a white out line that makes me distracted on looking at the horse umbrella and the other statue heads plus the rocks in the background. That white outline may work alright if I was looking at the horse (but not the umbrella) and if I was looking at the first main statue head front face (but not the back of its head since I feel that it looks odd).

Even though I may assume this could be the lack of art supplies but not having the proper technique, I feel that even though you depicted a nice difference in lighting and shadows on the horse because of the umbrella, I think the umbrella lack the intensity of the sun hitting on it with that color choice. For the statue heads, things that goes further further back into the background tend to get desaturated a bit and turn closer to blue because of the blue sky.

Overall, work on being confident on your strokes since your form is wobbly, think of the logic behind those photos that you copy and why your picture isn't 99% of the original, and lastly work further on your shading and work with more values with it.

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of my work ? 2012-10-09 21:18:54

Not bad at all, but something I feel about your work is that you're painting what you see, but not understanding what you see. I know that isn't super clear. What i mean to say is, you don't just want to copy what you're painting. You want to understand what you're painting. The shape, the way light hits it, why things are the color they are, and so on. There are artists who draw from a figure and don't get it perfect, yet their work looks and reads better than someone who made a perfect photocopy of what they saw. It's a tough thing to grasp, I myself struggle with it. And of course there is some importance to being able to perfectly 'copy' what you see. But understanding it in 3d space inside your mind, that REALLY helps. Good luck and keep it up! And remember to think about the shapes you're drawing and why they're shaped the way they are.