00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for artists to Promote & di

1,446 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey!

I have just started up an independent record label (SoulNectar Records) offering promotion, distribution and of course recording contracts to musicians, producers etc.

I am currently building my client list and am offering 10 people a free spot on the site promoting your music/sound.
You will have a free lifetime membership to the site, your own page with your bio and integrated music player (preferably sound cloud) so that people can get to check you out.

Your profile will be available on our main site @ http://soulnectar.co.uk and will also feature 1 of your tracks on the main site of the page for maximum exposure. We will also tweet and post your profile and music to our social networks which include twitter ( Follow Us here ) & ( Like us on FB! ) Facebook.

Not only that, we will add your tracks (if you wish to the SoulNectar Records SoundCloud page so that anyone who visits our Label's page will also have the chance to hear your stuff.

No catches etc, I just get to build up the number of acts on my site and of course you guys get promotion.

Inbox me ASAP to get in first as I'm only doing 10

Cheers!

Response to Looking for artists to Promote & di 2012-10-07 18:03:33

What licensing will the tracks be under?

Response to Looking for artists to Promote & di 2012-10-08 12:19:06

Also, what genres are you catering to?

What's your strategy on splitting any profits from CD sales, etc.?

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for artists to Promote & di 2012-10-08 18:33:36

To all that post here, I've talked with the guy via PM, and I can safely say that the Label itself is pretty legit. I won't divulge any of the information I received from him since I think he wants to keep the information limited to the interested, but it seems interesting.

Response to Looking for artists to Promote & di 2012-10-09 08:08:22

At 10/7/12 06:03 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: What licensing will the tracks be under?

Hiya, any music distributed via our label on a distribution deal remains 100% with the creator in terms of publishing and royalty rights. You pay for distribution yourself so we do not need to take any of your earnings from sales ;)

Response to Looking for artists to Promote & di 2012-10-09 08:17:38

At 10/8/12 12:19 PM, samulis wrote: Also, what genres are you catering to?

What's your strategy on splitting any profits from CD sales, etc.?

In terms of Genres; we cater to all genres and are not limited to any one genre or style. I will say we do have a strong Urban following already but, do not let that discourage you as we do have artists from Rock, Jazz and electronic genres coming through us as well as HIP HOP, R&B, Dubstep and Drum & Bass.

As long as you make good music, we are happy to help ;)

Again, in terms of sales, only artists that we sign onto a record deal with SoulNectar will have a split on Royalties and publishing rights/incomes. This is purely to regain investment for recording/studio time, artists management and development, bookings, promotions, radio plugging etc.

Anyone coming through us on a strictly promotional & distributions basis keeps 100% of their sales earnings. You simply pay upfront for the service you require and we carry out the actions, whether that be simply creating you a band/artist page on our site and plugging you through it and our social networks or a full on distribution to all of the major digital music distributors including iTunes, Amazon, Rhapsody 7Digital etc. We then forward you on any earnings you may accrue.

Our aim is to simply help as many up and coming/aspiring artists/musicians get their music out there!

Hope this clears stuff up a little ;)

Response to Looking for artists to Promote & di 2012-10-09 08:19:09

Many Thanks for your vote of confidence 'Camo' ;)

At 10/8/12 06:33 PM, camoshark wrote: To all that post here, I've talked with the guy via PM, and I can safely say that the Label itself is pretty legit. I won't divulge any of the information I received from him since I think he wants to keep the information limited to the interested, but it seems interesting.

Response to Looking for artists to Promote & di 2012-10-09 13:50:57

At 10/9/12 08:17 AM, Thewordsmyth wrote: Anyone coming through us on a strictly promotional & distributions basis keeps 100% of their sales earnings. You simply pay upfront for the service you require and we carry out the actions, whether that be simply creating you a band/artist page on our site and plugging you through it and our social networks or a full on distribution to all of the major digital music distributors including iTunes, Amazon, Rhapsody 7Digital etc. We then forward you on any earnings you may accrue.

Our aim is to simply help as many up and coming/aspiring artists/musicians get their music out there!

This is actually an excellent idea. I'll be sure to remember your website for when I actually make music I deem good enough.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--

Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Response to Looking for artists to Promote & di 2012-10-09 19:07:59

Thank you! Thank you very much! ;)

I look forward to seeing you/your work on our site and having the pleasure of distributing you through our label :)

This is actually an excellent idea. I'll be sure to remember your website for when I actually make music I deem good enough.

Response to Looking for artists to Promote & di 2012-10-10 15:42:52

Hmm, are we limited to only submitting our tracks under your label or are we able to submit them to other labels as well? As in, are we actually signing a contract and limiting our freedoms etc etc. We have to ask lot of questions for these sorts of things. ;)

I would love to support your record label and help you grow by offering tracks as long as I know exactly what I'm signing over.