I'd be willing to sign over.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Have any of you made a indie lable? 2012-10-07 18:10:42 Reply

Be very very careful when signing over to labels. Remember, you are signing over your rights in many instances. Check with this guy. I would personally PM FridayFox since he is trusted around these parts, but I am not sure if he is "indie" or not. Check with him for sure.

Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Have any of you made a indie lable? 2012-10-07 19:04:04 Reply

I currently and in-development on a label that will be co-managed by The Collective based out of New England. The label is basically a pool of producers who were a part of Blinded Records before the label basically dissolved.

We will be distributing to many different sites including iTunes, Beatport, Juno, Spotify, Amazon etc etc.

Contracts in short will go one of two ways (which you decide).

A. You will receive an agreed upon % of royalties made through sales on your tracks. However you opt out of some really beneficial options that can be seen in B.

B. You omit royalties to your tracks, but gain access to funds pooled for the label, in which the account use will be transparent to both A and B. Use of funds include and are not limited to, promotion, mastering, remix contracts (say you wanted carl cox to remix a track of yours, we will fully or partially fund that), % for Label-related event promotion (including flyers and merch), paying big name headliners to premier at label-managed events (in which any group B artist on the label are welcomed to perform at given enough time in advance).

Basically by choosing B you become part of the label as a whole, become part of an ever-growing family that helps each other out and builds up the label as it goes.

So far confirmed artists include:

DJ Harlock (Myself)
The Collective (El Camino, Nkosi)
DubbaBass
Sequenced (name might differ)
Conrad Greggor
Billy Blaze
Hjort & St.Pierre

I have a few other artists I am finalizing right now, but am still looking to pick up talent for the premier Debut coming Spring 2013, which will most likely take place in Providence, RI.

The label is somewhat open format, but artists and tracks will be pulled in that have a like-minded vibe. I'm not going to turn away an artist who is rocking out 140 bpm dubbage but keeps it smooth and deep, or a 128 electro artist that has a tight mix. Same for DNB or straight up techno artists. If you have an identity to your music, have talent, and are open to new avenues for production, but don't know how to really get out there and get involved in the local or nation-wide underground scene.. then consider us.

Tight Groove Recordings.

If you want to toss me some submissions, please do so via PM. I will respond back!

BBS Signature
Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Have any of you made a indie lable? 2012-10-08 00:08:06 Reply

At 10/7/12 07:04 PM, Cross666 wrote: If you want to toss me some submissions, please do so via PM. I will respond back!

*cough* *cough* No he won't *cough*

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Have any of you made a indie lable? 2012-10-08 01:03:05 Reply

At 10/8/12 12:08 AM, Trampzy wrote:
*cough* *cough* No he won't *cough*

denied.

Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Have any of you made a indie lable? 2012-10-08 08:59:11 Reply

Trampzy not to be the biggest douche, but what you sent to me was far from label quality. I'm sure given enough time you as an artist will be spewing out release-worthy tracks left and right, but you aren't there yet.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Have any of you made a indie lable? 2012-10-08 16:53:29 Reply

At 10/8/12 08:59 AM, Cross666 wrote: Trampzy not to be the biggest douche, but what you sent to me was far from label quality. I'm sure given enough time you as an artist will be spewing out release-worthy tracks left and right, but you aren't there yet.

I'm sorry, but "label quality" is not a universal constant. Everyone has a different level of acceptable standard. It's always subjective.

Besides, no one needs a label to release their own music anymore. The industry has evolved to the point where labels and albums are obsolete.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Have any of you made a indie lable? 2012-10-08 17:02:41 Reply

At 10/8/12 04:53 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
Besides, no one needs a label to release their own music anymore. The industry has evolved to the point where labels and albums are obsolete.

*big 4 labels

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Have any of you made a indie lable? 2012-10-08 17:10:18 Reply

At 10/8/12 05:02 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 10/8/12 04:53 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
*big 4 labels

Yes, and they are shitting out of their asses trying to recoup their losses. "360 deals" are the norm now and they pretty much screw the artists out of virtually every penny they earn.

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Have any of you made a indie lable? 2012-10-08 17:48:18 Reply

At 10/8/12 08:59 AM, Cross666 wrote: Trampzy not to be the biggest douche, but what you sent to me was far from label quality. I'm sure given enough time you as an artist will be spewing out release-worthy tracks left and right, but you aren't there yet.

The quality of the work wasn't the point; I don't care that you think it was shit. The point is that you said that you will definitely respond, but you won't. You may respond (given a long list of unspecified requirements to be met in order to get a response) haha :P

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Have any of you made a indie lable? 2012-10-08 18:14:25 Reply

sry for the double post; but you're not really a douche by any means for saying that, because I know I'm not that good, especially at electronic music. Also the track I sent you was probably some of the worst mastering I've ever done, but whateverr.

Just in case you didn't notice yet, (in regards to my last 2 posts) I'm only teasing you :P It's all in good fun.

Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Have any of you made a indie lable? 2012-10-08 19:15:19 Reply

Yea no worries, and I am not saying what you sent me was BAD by any means, you're definitely moving in the right direction. Keep at it, who knows, you might break walls in 3-6 months from now that put you right where you need to be.

BBS Signature
Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Have any of you made a indie lable? 2012-10-08 22:39:14 Reply

At 10/8/12 07:15 PM, Cross666 wrote: Yea no worries, and I am not saying what you sent me was BAD by any means, you're definitely moving in the right direction. Keep at it, who knows, you might break walls in 3-6 months from now that put you right where you need to be.

Aww thankyou very much. As soon as I finish assembling my mini studio I hope I can work towards that. Also once I get better maybe I'll remaster that track :}