00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Longest Game That Took To Beat

5,652 Views | 68 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-02 21:13:26

Timesplitters (original).

Played it until about 2/3 of the way through, got bored of shooting the same things over and over again, put it away, forgot completely about it, found it at the bottom of a drawer 10 goddamned years later, got curious about if there was an ending worth watching in it, and finished the other 1/3.

Turns out there wasn't.

Fuck.

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-03 15:18:41

Probably Oblivion. My original save file was over 100 hours and I didn't do any dungeon missions, go in a any dungeons, and only closed the Kvatch Oblivion portal. That's why I'm playing it again and doing all of those things.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-04 12:02:50

FFX if you want a 100% with the monster arena completed, all the Aeons, Celestial Weapons (though you can craft ones 4X more powerful than the celestial weapons), Blitzball, getting all the Overdrives for all characters. the main story line,

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-04 14:26:34

probably ocarina of time, probably because I was like a 5 year old at the time which caused the puzzles to be very difficult for me to do.

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-04 16:55:32

Took me a good 10 years to 100% Ape Escape for PS1.

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-15 10:45:44

Super Mario 64 (Finally beat it a few weeks ago). Fucking camera ruined the game.

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-15 13:22:22

At 10/7/12 03:16 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Final Fantasy 12. Hell I still haven't even beaten it.

I get sick of grinding for a month and finally killing a boss only to find out that the next creature I fight will insta kill me.

i discarded that game when i saw the battle system didnt even had closed battled and almost no dialog was voiced

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-15 19:54:19

At 10/7/12 01:44 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Skyrim...still haven't beaten it yet and I'm only 465 hours in.

You can't beat it, it's impossible.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-16 14:29:54

At 10/7/12 01:44 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Skyrim...still haven't beaten it yet and I'm only 465 hours in.

Same... Skyrim here. I did beat it, but after playing for close to 700 hours I think I finally unlocked everything that was in the game. I don't think many games have sucked me in that hard, but its usually single-player games that do.

Keeping it metal since the 90's and foreverwill be!

~Ronnie P.~

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-19 19:15:45

At 11/1/12 11:13 PM, Kwing wrote: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. To get the ending and credits it took me over 250 hours, and that was WITH a lot of help from my cousin. It took him over 550 hours to beat it, and he was working mostly solo.

Other than that I don't think any games have taken me more than 50 hours or so.

At around 400 hours actually now, and only STILL at HR7.

Maybe because I ended up doing a dual swords only run as my FIRST run. Still a pretty great game.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-19 22:22:12

Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars. It took so long mainly because I'm a retard when it comes to RTS games.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-21 13:49:30

At 11/16/12 04:36 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: PokÃf©mon Stadium - I still need to beat Round 2, and I've been playing since 2002 (or maybe 2003). If you consider completing Round 1 beating the game since Round 2 is pretty much hard mode, than it took me 3 to 5 years to beat it.

I remember I still have to beat Pokemon Stadium 2 as well. Last time I played it was years ago though.

I'm also stuck in round 2 and if I remember correctly I still need the last two challenge cups and the master level 50-55 cup. The comp always seems to screw you on those though, so I gave up.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-21 14:23:58

Xenoblade chronicles took me over 120 hours to finish in game time, and that was far from 100% at the end. I guess I did spend a lot of time pointlessly exploring areas and trying to sneak past monsters that were way over my level.

Real time I started Donkey Kong 64 way back in the 90s and I still haven't finished it. I occassionally go back to it, but I suspect I'm destined to never reach the end.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-21 15:15:40

I'm not entirely sure.

Most likely Disgaea 2. I've easily sunk hundreds of hours into that game. I think the main storyline took me 80 hours. You can probably shave off 10 or more hours if you know what you're doing. Disgaea 2 was my first Disgaea game ever and my first tactical RPG. The only other contenders that have rivaled its playtime are Dragon Age: Origins, Persona 3 and 4, the Fallout universe and Diablo II. I still have a huge back log of games that I've played for countless hours, but haven't completed. Kingdom Hearts 2 for example.

You struck its weak-point, senpai!

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-21 18:06:34

Lol! I'm about 85 hours in, level 35 Nord.

Skyrim is definitely the longest game I have ever played, and surprisingly, it has been as fun now as it was during the first few hours. So much quality content, that the 300+ hours gameplay is justified.

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-22 04:29:21

I believe it was Ocarina of time that took me quite a bit of time to complete and probably three different versions of it. I only remember that I was around 5 or 6 when I started with the n64 version, only to get stuck on the great deku tree because I didn't know that you could set webs on fire for about two months. I think I made it passed the last kid link dungeon before getting bored. Then I got the gamecube version some years later and went at it til the water temple then quit, then retried until I reached the water temple again, quit, retry and make it past until I was in the gerudo valley dungeon then quit. I got the master quest version of it and played the vannila OoT on that and beat that in one sitting like a few months ago.

12 years or so I believe. In game time, about six hours.

Paper mario the thousand year door took me three until I decided to cheese it and went the danger mario loadout.
In game time, shortest is 20 hours give or take. Could be shorter, but I end up keeping my system on while I do something else.

I think I didn't beat conker's bad fur day for about six years since I couldn't deal with the controls on the n64 version so I did it on the xbox version.
In game time was a standard run time I think.

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-23 13:27:57

i have barely beaten 1% of the games i have played in my life

so many wasted years

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-28 20:39:36

At 11/2/12 08:36 PM, Wavepad wrote: The Simpsons Hit and Run.Took me 6 years.

Two years for me.....what a fun game that was.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-29 00:44:31

At 10/7/12 06:05 PM, Crashman wrote:
At 10/7/12 05:36 PM, II2none wrote: SSBB god i hate their story mode.
I wanted to kill myself playing through that whole thing.

seriously? it takes a little over 10 hours, just dodge downward (sidestep) if you wanna survive those one-hit KO moves that the final boss does

...is it me or has politics suddenly become a series of mandatory lightning rounds in a mandatory game show?

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-29 03:21:55

Skyrim took me 342 hours to finish it.

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-30 21:37:40

At 11/29/12 03:21 AM, ewads23 wrote: Skyrim took me 342 hours to finish it.

I've started three new games in Skyrim since I bought it back in early September and with both Dawnguard and Hearthfire new to me, I've been playing it nearly everyday since. As a gamer who likes to max out/collect/find every last little thing in a game, I can honestly say that I have no idea how long Skyrim will take me to "finish". :P

Other than that, I always find that the Rune Factory and Harvest Moon games take me the longest to complete. I'll often spend several months playing those games, off and on. lol

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-12-12 23:18:43

Took my brother almost 10 years to beat Rocket: Robot on Wheels...a 3d platformer

Mine would probably have to be my 100% Ocarina of Time playthrough...I'm stuck at one part I just cannot beat..

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-12-12 23:26:55

Most MMO'S and strategy games take the longest to beat. The ones that have taken me the longest is "Tales of the Abyss", few LoZ games, Dark Souls, Skyrim, etc.

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-12-13 02:03:26

Any of the pokemon games. I still havent fully completed the pokedex on any of the games I have

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-12-13 08:11:50

At 10/7/12 01:07 PM, BloodCoveredWolf wrote: What game took you the longest to beat mine would have to be Banjo-Kazooie took me at least 2 and a half months to beat. So gamers on NG what game took you longer to beat.

Hm. Granstream Saga? I bought it around 2000 or 2001... and I still haven't finished it. But on the other hand, I didn't play it that much, because it's disappointingly bad. I want to finish it sometimes, though.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-12-13 19:53:07

Apart from MMORPGs which don't count and can't be completed anyway, the longest game it took for me to beat (on a 100% run) was Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon.

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-12-14 03:52:36

Still working on tetris..

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-12-14 14:01:21

Skyrim... I don't even think I finished it but I had A LOT of hours/days/weeks in this game.
It is a great game yea but in the end....I don't think I got "bored" but it was just too long...donno.. :/

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-12-14 14:45:38

Probably Pokemon Blue. I remember I finished the game when I was about 7, and it took one hell of a long time. I still don't know how I managed to catch some legendary Pokemon......

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-12-15 18:44:47

At 11/29/12 12:44 AM, BoredLooney wrote:
At 10/7/12 06:05 PM, Crashman wrote:
At 10/7/12 05:36 PM, II2none wrote: SSBB god i hate their story mode.
I wanted to kill myself playing through that whole thing.
seriously? it takes a little over 10 hours, just dodge downward (sidestep) if you wanna survive those one-hit KO moves that the final boss does

Whatev man I get tired being forced out of my comfort zone to another character every hour and a half. And the boring storyline with no dialogue didn't help matters. Plus it was either play 300 battles with characters i didn't care for at the time to get sonic or go through a 15 hour story mode with a buddy. One would assume the latter would be more enjoyable.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature