New Topic Respond to this Topic
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:04 AM Reply

At 10/7/12 01:44 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Skyrim...still haven't beaten it yet and I'm only 465 hours in.

One does not simply beat Skyrim.

Heads or tails?

BBS Signature
Quetya
Quetya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 2nd, 2012 @ 08:48 AM Reply

Going off what Back-From-Purgatory said, in both real-time and game time, I think the game that took me the longest to beat was Dark Cloud 2.

I think I started playing that game in late 2003, and didn't complete it until about late '05 early '06. So it took me about 2 to 3 years.

in-game time, as it promised on the back of the game case, was well over 100 hours. I don't have the game anymore as it was lent to me by a friend, so I can't exact numbers u_u. On top of that, I completed the bonus story (Zelmite Mines) that takes place after the original story, adding even more hours to my gameplay time.

I admit I did quite a few mini-games, but I really did them to unlock special items.

Making music can fun, but it can also be as challenging as playing the...

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:05 AM Reply

It took me six years to beat pokemon XD.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 2nd, 2012 @ 06:03 PM Reply

Oblivion. I don't even know if that counts. I sunk 300 hours into it and still hadn't done everything that needed to be done. If that doesn't count then it would be Yoshi's Island. I played that game a minimum of three hours a day when I was soon to be five. It took me the whole summer of busting my ass but eventually I won.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 2nd, 2012 @ 06:24 PM Reply

The original Resident Evil took me at least a year to beat when I was about 9-10. Mostly since I didn't know what I was doing wrong for awhile since I kept being bit by the Yawn and could never seem to find a Blue Herb to save my life. After I figured that fight out I began to figure the rest of the game out.

Rock Band 2 looks like it will also take awhile with the setlists and unlockables, not to mention the Bladder of Steel achievement...

Wavepad
Wavepad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 2nd, 2012 @ 08:36 PM Reply

The Simpsons Hit and Run.Took me 6 years.

| Steam | Asandir is awesome he made my sig. |

BBS Signature
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:13 PM Reply

Timesplitters (original).

Played it until about 2/3 of the way through, got bored of shooting the same things over and over again, put it away, forgot completely about it, found it at the bottom of a drawer 10 goddamned years later, got curious about if there was an ending worth watching in it, and finished the other 1/3.

Turns out there wasn't.

Fuck.

HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 3rd, 2012 @ 03:18 PM Reply

Probably Oblivion. My original save file was over 100 hours and I didn't do any dungeon missions, go in a any dungeons, and only closed the Kvatch Oblivion portal. That's why I'm playing it again and doing all of those things.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 4th, 2012 @ 12:02 PM Reply

FFX if you want a 100% with the monster arena completed, all the Aeons, Celestial Weapons (though you can craft ones 4X more powerful than the celestial weapons), Blitzball, getting all the Overdrives for all characters. the main story line,

goopydudest
goopydudest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 4th, 2012 @ 02:26 PM Reply

probably ocarina of time, probably because I was like a 5 year old at the time which caused the puzzles to be very difficult for me to do.

MrXmancraft
MrXmancraft
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 4th, 2012 @ 02:30 PM Reply

Minecraft cause its never ending unless you count beating the ender dragon the end

Kevin
Kevin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 4th, 2012 @ 04:55 PM Reply

Took me a good 10 years to 100% Ape Escape for PS1.

BBS Signature
Familyguy666
Familyguy666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 10:45 AM Reply

Super Mario 64 (Finally beat it a few weeks ago). Fucking camera ruined the game.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 01:22 PM Reply

At 10/7/12 03:16 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Final Fantasy 12. Hell I still haven't even beaten it.

I get sick of grinding for a month and finally killing a boss only to find out that the next creature I fight will insta kill me.

i discarded that game when i saw the battle system didnt even had closed battled and almost no dialog was voiced

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 10/7/12 01:44 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Skyrim...still haven't beaten it yet and I'm only 465 hours in.

You can't beat it, it's impossible.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
ThaMetalhead420
ThaMetalhead420
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 02:29 PM Reply

Same... Skyrim here. I did beat it, but after playing for close to 700 hours I think I finally unlocked everything that was in the game. I don't think many games have sucked me in that hard, but its usually single-player games that do.

Keeping it metal since the 90's and foreverwill be!
~Ronnie P.~

BBS Signature
SmashLuigiFan1
SmashLuigiFan1
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 04:36 PM Reply

By in game hours, I have no clue. But from the time I started playing it after I bought it, it would be the following games.

Zelda 1 & 2 - 5 or 6 years. If these games weren't so cryptic and difficult, they would've been completed much sooner.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories - 7 or 8 years. Only managed to beat it once, and that was with the help of my brother's Meteor Black Dragon he gave me. Without it, I wouldn't be able to beat this game. I even got back to the final boss after playing through the entire game again while keeping my old deck, I couldn't beat him (and the other bosses with no check points in between at the end of the game) again.

Pokémon Stadium - I still need to beat Round 2, and I've been playing since 2002 (or maybe 2003). If you consider completing Round 1 beating the game since Round 2 is pretty much hard mode, than it took me 3 to 5 years to beat it.

"It's easier to talk about the bad than to understand the good." - Jirard Khalil
"This was a mistake." - Jirard Khalil, 2013
"Use your heart and Boost fire!"

DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 07:15 PM Reply

At 11/1/12 11:13 PM, Kwing wrote: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. To get the ending and credits it took me over 250 hours, and that was WITH a lot of help from my cousin. It took him over 550 hours to beat it, and he was working mostly solo.

Other than that I don't think any games have taken me more than 50 hours or so.

At around 400 hours actually now, and only STILL at HR7.

Maybe because I ended up doing a dual swords only run as my FIRST run. Still a pretty great game.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Reader
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 10:22 PM Reply

Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars. It took so long mainly because I'm a retard when it comes to RTS games.

Stretch those glutes, Flitter!
"You are a generally happy and carefree person." - Sectus
"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
ManDeep
ManDeep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 05:59 AM Reply

At 10/7/12 11:38 PM, Xenomit wrote:
And the longest game to beat for me was assassins creed brotherhood, it took me 5 weeks

Took you that long? Damn.
I finished that game in 1 night, but that's mostly because i only did story missions and the game was exactly the same as assassins creed 2. After i got the ending, i was almost going to snap the game disc in half for such a shitty ending.
Fuck assassins creed.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Movie Buff
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 01:49 PM Reply

At 11/16/12 04:36 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: PokÃf©mon Stadium - I still need to beat Round 2, and I've been playing since 2002 (or maybe 2003). If you consider completing Round 1 beating the game since Round 2 is pretty much hard mode, than it took me 3 to 5 years to beat it.

I remember I still have to beat Pokemon Stadium 2 as well. Last time I played it was years ago though.

I'm also stuck in round 2 and if I remember correctly I still need the last two challenge cups and the master level 50-55 cup. The comp always seems to screw you on those though, so I gave up.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 15 March 2014)

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 02:23 PM Reply

Xenoblade chronicles took me over 120 hours to finish in game time, and that was far from 100% at the end. I guess I did spend a lot of time pointlessly exploring areas and trying to sneak past monsters that were way over my level.

Real time I started Donkey Kong 64 way back in the 90s and I still haven't finished it. I occassionally go back to it, but I suspect I'm destined to never reach the end.

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
RiseKujikawa
RiseKujikawa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 03:15 PM Reply

I'm not entirely sure.

Most likely Disgaea 2. I've easily sunk hundreds of hours into that game. I think the main storyline took me 80 hours. You can probably shave off 10 or more hours if you know what you're doing. Disgaea 2 was my first Disgaea game ever and my first tactical RPG. The only other contenders that have rivaled its playtime are Dragon Age: Origins, Persona 3 and 4, the Fallout universe and Diablo II. I still have a huge back log of games that I've played for countless hours, but haven't completed. Kingdom Hearts 2 for example.

You struck its weak-point, senpai!

TrantaLocked
TrantaLocked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 06:06 PM Reply

Lol! I'm about 85 hours in, level 35 Nord.

Skyrim is definitely the longest game I have ever played, and surprisingly, it has been as fun now as it was during the first few hours. So much quality content, that the 300+ hours gameplay is justified.

BBS Signature
truegamer1
truegamer1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:29 AM Reply

I believe it was Ocarina of time that took me quite a bit of time to complete and probably three different versions of it. I only remember that I was around 5 or 6 when I started with the n64 version, only to get stuck on the great deku tree because I didn't know that you could set webs on fire for about two months. I think I made it passed the last kid link dungeon before getting bored. Then I got the gamecube version some years later and went at it til the water temple then quit, then retried until I reached the water temple again, quit, retry and make it past until I was in the gerudo valley dungeon then quit. I got the master quest version of it and played the vannila OoT on that and beat that in one sitting like a few months ago.

12 years or so I believe. In game time, about six hours.

Paper mario the thousand year door took me three until I decided to cheese it and went the danger mario loadout.
In game time, shortest is 20 hours give or take. Could be shorter, but I end up keeping my system on while I do something else.

I think I didn't beat conker's bad fur day for about six years since I couldn't deal with the controls on the n64 version so I did it on the xbox version.
In game time was a standard run time I think.

Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:27 PM Reply

i have barely beaten 1% of the games i have played in my life

so many wasted years

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 28th, 2012 @ 08:39 PM Reply

At 11/2/12 08:36 PM, Wavepad wrote: The Simpsons Hit and Run.Took me 6 years.

Two years for me.....what a fun game that was.

BBS Signature
BoredLooney
BoredLooney
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 12:44 AM Reply

At 10/7/12 06:05 PM, Crashman wrote:
At 10/7/12 05:36 PM, II2none wrote: SSBB god i hate their story mode.
I wanted to kill myself playing through that whole thing.

seriously? it takes a little over 10 hours, just dodge downward (sidestep) if you wanna survive those one-hit KO moves that the final boss does

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- no.

ewads23
ewads23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 03:21 AM Reply

Skyrim took me 342 hours to finish it.

Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 09:37 PM Reply

At 11/29/12 03:21 AM, ewads23 wrote: Skyrim took me 342 hours to finish it.

I've started three new games in Skyrim since I bought it back in early September and with both Dawnguard and Hearthfire new to me, I've been playing it nearly everyday since. As a gamer who likes to max out/collect/find every last little thing in a game, I can honestly say that I have no idea how long Skyrim will take me to "finish". :P

Other than that, I always find that the Rune Factory and Harvest Moon games take me the longest to complete. I'll often spend several months playing those games, off and on. lol

This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature