00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Longest Game That Took To Beat

5,654 Views | 68 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What game took you the longest to beat mine would have to be Banjo-Kazooie took me at least 2 and a half months to beat. So gamers on NG what game took you longer to beat.

The Blood Of Lost Souls Stains My Blade

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-07 13:44:53

Skyrim...still haven't beaten it yet and I'm only 465 hours in.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-07 13:53:59

Of the games I have beaten, GTA IV. Mainly because theres no checkpoints and you have to drive halfway across the city every time you cock up. Theres quite a few games I haven't finished though since I just can't be arsed.

god

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-07 13:57:35

It would have to be Zelda: Ocarina of Time for me, since it took me two months and I played it for like 8 hours a day at the time.

When it comes to games that register in-game hours spend it's The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I was about 100 hours in before I finally finished up the main quest. I could've beaten it way earlier if I had dashed through the main story without bothering with anything else, but that wouldn't have been much fun. Currently I got 190 hours on the game and there are still a few quest lines that I haven't finished yet by the way.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-07 14:48:13

Donkey Kong 64 took me ten years to actually complete, starting from my childhood. Felt so good when I won...

Counting actual ingame hours though, my Banjo Kazooie file from when I was a kid is clocked in at about 90 hours at 100% completion, though on the main story alone it took me about the same amount of time to beat Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. It was a fun time though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-07 15:16:59

Final Fantasy 12. Hell I still haven't even beaten it.

I get sick of grinding for a month and finally killing a boss only to find out that the next creature I fight will insta kill me.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-07 15:26:25

Fallout 2 took me 2 years to beat when I was 13-14 years old. I never read any guides and figured everything out by myself eventually.

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-07 15:40:48

I don't remember how many years it took, but I had never got 100% in DK64. I finally got it a few months ago, with everything unolcked, from the blooper video to the playable Krusha.

There's been plenty of games that take me a long time to beat, mostly because I'm too busy with school to play them. I still don't have 100% on Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, and I beat the story mode the 1st time for that almost 2 months ago... and I got it almost a year ago. Yay College!

Nothing short of seven flavors of awesome sauce... with some extra-violence glaze on the side!

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-07 17:36:07

Kingdom Hearts 2

Sonic Adventure 2 (Couldn't beat it till the re-release.)

God of War 2 Titan mode

SSBB god i hate their story mode.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-07 18:05:59

At 10/7/12 05:36 PM, II2none wrote: SSBB god i hate their story mode.

I wanted to kill myself playing through that whole thing.

XBL GT: SleepyB 408

I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-07 18:38:51

I remember it taking me years to finally buckle down and beat Super Mario 64 as a kid. I'm still amazed at how long it took me to just sit down and beat the thing.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-07 18:55:37

MHFU, Maybe because my first run is a dual-swords only run.

About ~300 hours in and only on HR7.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-07 18:55:59

Skyrim.

Not open world would have to be siren blood curse. But thats because it fell apart after chapter 8 and it was either frustrating or boring after that.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-07 18:57:38

I never finished Final Fantasy VIII.

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-07 21:19:40

Super Mario Bros. on the NES. I first played that game in 2000 or 2001 and beat it in 2010. I'm not sure which game I spent the most time trying to beat game time wise is. It probably is Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. I probably played that game for over 100 hours before I finally beat it. When I was younger, I usually just played the game for the police chases and driving around the game world. But a few years ago when I got the PC version, I played the missions a lot and got to the end. I'm sure the longest game game-play time wise will be Fallout 3 when I beat it. I played the game for 40 hours so far but I don't even think I'm 30% done with this game. This game is fucking immense.

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-08 00:18:10

If we're talking real time, not in game time... Well... There's probably something longer, but recent memory I would say Final Fantasy 13... because I got it on launch day and didn't finish it until after I bought FF13-2 (Which I bought a few months after it was released)... So... approximately 2 years.

In game time, probably Tales of Graces F, game is fucking long as hell... took me 80 hours to finish, and I wasn't really dawdling with side quests or mini games or anything... I pretty much went more or less straight through the main story.
Not to say it was bad... I actually really enjoyed it... is the only game I've played start to finish that long without touching another game.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-08 00:41:18

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. It took me about 8 months to complete all quests and sidequests.

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-08 00:44:20

At 10/8/12 12:41 AM, Fuoco wrote: The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. It took me about 8 months to complete all quests and sidequests.

Wait a minute. Speaking of actual time.. I think i never get to beat Super Mario Bros 2 on the NES when I was a kid, until recently (about 4 months ago) that I got around to it again. So that would be... about 17 years? Give or take.

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-08 01:07:24

Used to be Final Fanatasy 7, I spent at least 85 hours. And now Final Fantasy 9 i've spent 124:52:34 and still haven't beatin it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-09 16:04:29

Farcry 2.

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-09 17:13:09

At 10/9/12 04:04 PM, m0lecule wrote: Farcry 2.

I've had it since it came out and never beat it because traveling is so damn tedious.

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-09 17:23:02

Hmmm. As far as a game I beat NOT out of boredom, I have to say super meatboy. If I ever beat mario 3, that will be next on my list as it's taken me about 12 years.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-10-11 00:20:27

Zone of the Enders 1. Took me forever to figure out the boss fight before you go and get some of Jehuty's new abilities in the occupied zone areas, where you had to be extra-stealthy.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-01 14:31:00

Darksiders 2

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-01 20:40:22

At 10/7/12 02:12 PM, Protagonist wrote: Borderlands 1, not because the game is long, but because I couldn't play it for more then 10 minutes without getting bored as shit and turning it off. I finally finished it yesterday, and I got it when it launched.

Wow... surprised you didn't sell/trade it.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-01 23:13:26

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. To get the ending and credits it took me over 250 hours, and that was WITH a lot of help from my cousin. It took him over 550 hours to beat it, and he was working mostly solo.

Other than that I don't think any games have taken me more than 50 hours or so.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-02 04:04:37

At 10/7/12 01:44 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Skyrim...still haven't beaten it yet and I'm only 465 hours in.

One does not simply beat Skyrim.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-02 08:48:50

Going off what Back-From-Purgatory said, in both real-time and game time, I think the game that took me the longest to beat was Dark Cloud 2.

I think I started playing that game in late 2003, and didn't complete it until about late '05 early '06. So it took me about 2 to 3 years.

in-game time, as it promised on the back of the game case, was well over 100 hours. I don't have the game anymore as it was lent to me by a friend, so I can't exact numbers u_u. On top of that, I completed the bonus story (Zelmite Mines) that takes place after the original story, adding even more hours to my gameplay time.

I admit I did quite a few mini-games, but I really did them to unlock special items.

Making music can fun, but it can also be as challenging as playing the...

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-02 09:05:25

It took me six years to beat pokemon XD.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to The Longest Game That Took To Beat 2012-11-02 20:36:57

The Simpsons Hit and Run.Took me 6 years.

| Steam | Sig is by Homicide <3 |

BBS Signature