New Topic Respond to this Topic
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Cannot change titles evar?! Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 01:03 PM Reply

So, once I make an audio project's title, it can never be changed again? I'm just wondering if there's any way around it or if anyone can help me. I try to create a new project with the correct title I want, but then trying to publish it leads to the website thinking I'm copying myself. So it's either delete the old project, which I realize just lingers in the trash bin for eternity yet still has a presence like a ghost, or change the title...which I can't do. Help please :c

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Cannot change titles evar?! Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 01:05 PM Reply

Sorry man, so far they haven't implemented such an option. They do plan on implementing it in the near future though, so for now you'll just have to settle with deleting your old project. To do this, you have to first unpublish the project, then in the same place where you previously selected 'unpublish', select 'delete'. This will remove it entirely and you can post your new porject with the updated name.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Cannot change titles evar?! Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 01:10 PM Reply

At 10/7/12 01:05 PM, Step wrote: Sorry man, so far they haven't implemented such an option. They do plan on implementing it in the near future though, so for now you'll just have to settle with deleting your old project. To do this, you have to first unpublish the project, then in the same place where you previously selected 'unpublish', select 'delete'. This will remove it entirely and you can post your new porject with the updated name.

Well that's what I thought I could do, but when I try to publish the new one, even when the old one is lurking in the "trash bin", the website says "Error. This appears to be a copy of (old project's title) by (you)" which is...weird.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Cannot change titles evar?! Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 01:12 PM Reply

At 10/7/12 01:10 PM, ZipZipper wrote: Well that's what I thought I could do, but when I try to publish the new one, even when the old one is lurking in the "trash bin", the website says "Error. This appears to be a copy of (old project's title) by (you)" which is...weird.

Have you fully deleted it? If you haven't just unpublished it and actually pressed 'Delete Audio' and it still persists with that message, then either do something like cut off some silence at the end of the MP3 file (so that it doesn't manage to find an identical copy of it in the 'trash bin') and then upload your MP3 file again, or PM liljim with a bug report. Make sure you name it clearly, post screenshots, links and any necessary details.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Cannot change titles evar?! Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 01:18 PM Reply

Ahhhh good idea with changing it so it doesn't find an identical copy. I'll try that first.

BBS Signature