New Topic Respond to this Topic
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Hello Mr. Congressman Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 11:46 PM Reply

Alright, I get the jovial tone of the subject may make it sound like this isn't a serious political thread, but it is.

Check it out: Peoria's congressman is Aaron Schock (R). Most people don't know of him, I get that. He is one of, if not the, youngest man in Congress at the moment, and one of the most well known that aren't top leaders or senior members. Why? Well, it should be obvious.

This is probably the only Republican who has virtually gotten all the black vote in his district. I remember sitting on the bus one day and listening to two black women brag about how sexy he is. I get there is a nontroversy about him being gay, but whether he is or not doesn't matter. He's still got the look as long as he stays in the closet(if he is gay) and still going to win the constituents over.

Now, if anyone recalls John F. Kennedy winning the presidential election in 1960 some claim it was his looks. I don't see much difference here. Now, I don't want to make this sound like a blog post, and want a legitimate discussion, but, here it goes:

We all should know someone shouldn't win because of their looks. I get that. However, he also has been a great congressman. If he is knocked for any reason it's because of his looks. This picture here was taken for Men's Health magazine.

Beauty in politics. How do you guys feel?

Hello Mr. Congressman

Be Billy's FriendlBe Billy's Followerl Wii U name: Billy_Martin

Warforger
Warforger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Hello Mr. Congressman Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 11:09 AM Reply

Why aren't there more young gorgeous women in politics then?

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Hello Mr. Congressman Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 11:43 AM Reply

I don't care, but thee fact that it is even being talked about is somewhat scary. I do not like the idea of a candidate being voted into office because of his/her looks. That sort of 'issue voting' is just dangerous. Politicians should be elected based upon the content of their platform, not the contours of their body.

vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Hello Mr. Congressman Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 07:07 PM Reply

At 10/7/12 11:43 AM, Camarohusky wrote: I don't care, but thee fact that it is even being talked about is somewhat scary. I do not like the idea of a candidate being voted into office because of his/her looks. That sort of 'issue voting' is just dangerous. Politicians should be elected based upon the content of their platform, not the contours of their body.

I absolutely agree. I mean, he and Paul Ryan are probably the only people with bodies like this, for now, but the idea people voting for someone because they're gorgeous or whatever is scary. Thankfully, in my opinion, Schock isn't a bad congressman whatsoever. Will that always hold true? Probably not.

Be Billy's FriendlBe Billy's Followerl Wii U name: Billy_Martin