Be a Supporter!

Bionic implants.

  • 1,170 Views
  • 29 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Bionic implants. Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 10:51 PM Reply

If it was possible to mechanically augment yourself, would you do it, and if you would, what would you do?

I'd get a device that helps my brain compute things, like a built in calculator, because fuck math.


Member of Alpha Team in the WNG. Find out how to join here.

BBS Signature
MushookieMan
MushookieMan
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 10:55 PM Reply

At 10/6/12 10:51 PM, Suprememessage wrote: If it was possible to mechanically augment yourself, would you do it, and if you would, what would you do?

I'd get a device that helps my brain compute things, like a built in calculator, because fuck math.

Mechanical nostrils.


BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 10:58 PM Reply

Mechanical lower legs and upper arms, and replace my entire skeleton with a steel-titanium alloy, along with an external computing device that increases my minds' ability to do math and other algorithmic things


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
Tomatoes aren't roof tiles

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 11:02 PM Reply

I'd get fucking Adam Jensen-tier decked out in that shit.

Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 11:11 PM Reply

Brain calculator sounds good. Also, I would like bionic arms and legs. Force and speed, g2g.

Would like filtration system to clean out the blood, make sure it's hyper pure so that I don't have collection of bad fats and cholesterols.


I go to school to study how high frequency sound waves can heal, ...or KILL.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 11:17 PM Reply

I'd avoid prosthetics, considering there's no way that would ever cost less then a fucking fortune. Neural implants seem like a great idea, along with eyesight and epidermis enhancements for the wicked GUI and sunburn protection.

satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 11:19 PM Reply

Not unless my organs were degenerating.


(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 11:23 PM Reply

A bionic dick would be nice! Now I can fuck with turbo power!


What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 11:30 PM Reply

At 10/6/12 10:51 PM, Suprememessage wrote: If it was possible to mechanically augment yourself, would you do it, and if you would, what would you do?

I'd get a device that helps my brain compute things, like a built in calculator, because fuck math.

The brain doesn't work digitally


BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 11:31 PM Reply

I wouldn't because:

1. It would literally (depending on the upgrade) cost an arm/leg

2. I don't want to be regarded as even more of a freak

3. I don't want metal inside me

4. I don't need any of it

5. Your mom


This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Cordyceps
Cordyceps
  • Member since: May. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 11:50 PM Reply

Yes, that is a tentacle prosthesis.

Hells yeah.

Bionic implants.


@
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Fanon_Wiki
If you do acid, wait an hour before swimming

BBS Signature
pollo99
pollo99
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 11:54 PM Reply

At 10/6/12 10:51 PM, Suprememessage wrote: If it was possible to mechanically augment yourself, would you do it, and if you would, what would you do?

I'd get a device that helps my brain compute things, like a built in calculator, because fuck math.

yea that will be awsome i will love to chage my entire body like well uhhh becoming the world ruler :D or just destroing things for fun YAY

Shade
Shade
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 12:01 AM Reply

I wouldn't mind having my hands augmented to grip things better (climbing and whatnot), more durable (punching shit) and faster (for typing and writing).

Cordyceps
Cordyceps
  • Member since: May. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 12:12 AM Reply

At 10/7/12 12:09 AM, dragoswrath wrote: bionic eyes. I want to go from 20-40 to 'eagle with a telescope'
Or bionic legs. I could run faster, jump higher, and I could fall as far as I wanted without injury.

Bionic legs, you say?

http://youtu.be/l_PJHIv1bZE

Bionic implants.


@
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Fanon_Wiki
If you do acid, wait an hour before swimming

BBS Signature
GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 02:35 AM Reply

I want a bionic eye,because I am blind from one eye. If I could have that,I ask nothing more.


This is my badly made signature.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 02:38 AM Reply

At 10/7/12 02:35 AM, GoodFang wrote: I want a bionic eye,because I am blind from one eye. If I could have that,I ask nothing more.

They actually have a camera in it's experimental stages that can convert light into brain waves

I saw it on the science channel, so if you ask me for proof and I can't find any, that's why


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
Tomatoes aren't roof tiles

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 05:41 AM Reply

At 10/7/12 12:12 AM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 10/7/12 12:09 AM, dragoswrath wrote: bionic eyes. I want to go from 20-40 to 'eagle with a telescope'
Or bionic legs. I could run faster, jump higher, and I could fall as far as I wanted without injury.
Bionic legs, you say?

http://youtu.be/l_PJHIv1bZE

*You'll never get Robot Legs.*

Bionic implants.


I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Shadria
Shadria
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Programmer
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 07:36 AM Reply

Yes, I most certainly would. If I could afford it of course. I'd go full cyborg if given the chance.

I'd get a device that helps my brain compute things, like a built in calculator, because fuck math.

I think you meant "because fuck yeah, math!". You know, because it's awesome.


BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 07:41 AM Reply

At 10/6/12 11:02 PM, Jester wrote: I'd get fucking Adam Jensen-tier decked out in that shit.

"I always asked for this".


"Even death can be overcome"

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 08:10 AM Reply

I want augmented sight.

Bionic implants.


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 08:22 AM Reply

I just want slightly bigger nostrils. When I fall asleep drunk I can't breathe properly and turn into a mouth-breather and it feels nasty when I wake.


This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 10:05 AM Reply

Ideally, you want something that HELPS you alot, but you can do without because there's always going to be that one douchebag that somehow makes all your bionic parts useless.

That being said, probably a Bionic Arm.


Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 10:26 AM Reply

Surgeries come back to haunt later in life, nerve ends don't heal completely. If there was a device that could improve my body in any way without surgery I'd be up for it. Something to aide vision would be my choice, maybe telescopic vision or laser eyes.


BBS Signature
Cordyceps
Cordyceps
  • Member since: May. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 10:32 AM Reply

At 10/7/12 10:26 AM, Razz wrote: Something to aide vision would be my choice, maybe telescopic vision or laser eyes.

like glasses


@
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Fanon_Wiki
If you do acid, wait an hour before swimming

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 10:40 AM Reply

At 10/7/12 10:32 AM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 10/7/12 10:26 AM, Razz wrote: Something to aide vision would be my choice, maybe telescopic vision or laser eyes.
like glasses

Glasses are used to correct vision. Telescopic vision would be comparable to binoculars, except affixed to the eyes. And laser eyes aren't comparable to anything real.

So no, not like glasses. And I find it ridiculous to even respond to your comment. Even moreover, the "bionic implant" for glasses would be orthokeratology contact lenses, or if surgery is a consideration then lasik would be the answer. I'm puzzled as to what led you to make a stupid comment like that.


BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 11:02 AM Reply

Mechanical dick.

Not really though. Probably something so I could be young forever, or a computer inside my brain.


It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 11:06 AM Reply

At 10/7/12 10:32 AM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 10/7/12 10:26 AM, Razz wrote: Something to aide vision would be my choice, maybe telescopic vision or laser eyes.
like glasses

I'd implant sunglasses directly into my face. They went ahead with it with little to no reasoning for the implant in Deus Ex 3, so why not.


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Dimitrilium
Dimitrilium
  • Member since: Dec. 24, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 11:31 AM Reply

I would put my brain into a computer and call myself Skynet.

slugathor
slugathor
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Movie Buff
Response to Bionic implants. Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 11:37 AM Reply

Probably to highten my reflexes and responce time since it currently takes me 2-3 secounds for me to realize that some one punched me in the face for example.

So obviously hells yes to the first question.