00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Mass Effect Trilogy

3,479 Views | 45 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-06 14:42:35

I have just pissed myself like an excited dog.
At long, last Mass Effect 1 will finally be on the PS3. Along with 2 in 3 in one hard drive space-consuming package.
Unfortunately, I already bought Mass Effect 2 and 3. But I'll still be buying this. So I'm basically burning money. But it's worth burning, in my opinion.
Discuss.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-06 15:03:14

And with no DLC whatsoever. EA are fucking scumbags.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-06 15:06:04

Well about time. Sure I am an XBOX owner but still, damn. Well well, guess that PS MaEf fans owners will be busy for awhile now I guess.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-06 16:53:31

At 10/6/12 03:03 PM, Makeshift wrote: And with no DLC whatsoever. EA are fucking scumbags.

Surprised? I'm not.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-06 18:22:59

Worth it? Not sure. I have Mass Effect 2 and 3 for my PS3, but I'm not sure if this is worth it just for one game I didn't get to play. If it had some DLC, it might be more worth it, even if I already have nearly all DLC for Mass Effect 2 (though none for 3)

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-06 18:31:28

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-06 18:46:12

People ACTUALLY bought mass effect 3? lol

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-06 18:47:29

I probably won't touch this unless I get a console, seeing as how I've already got all three on PC with loads of DLC anyway.
Still, would be a convenient buy, should I pick up an Xbox 360.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-06 20:06:13

At 10/6/12 06:46 PM, BumFodder wrote: People ACTUALLY bought mass effect 3? lol

What kind of question is that?

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-06 21:27:15

At 10/6/12 06:46 PM, BumFodder wrote: People ACTUALLY bought mass effect 3? lol

You did too, don't lie.

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-06 21:56:57

At 10/6/12 02:42 PM, POTaTOS wrote: At long, last Mass Effect 1 will finally be on the PS3. Along with 2 in 3 in one hard drive space-consuming package.
Unfortunately, I already bought Mass Effect 2 and 3. But I'll still be buying this. So I'm basically burning money. But it's worth burning, in my opinion.

Why?
ignoring the fact that you are playing in on a console....
just why would you buy something you already have?
and im supposing you played ME1 before playing 2 and 3, i dont want to suppose you are that stupid

to conclude, there already is a Mass Effect thread

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1252158

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-06 22:21:00

As much as I want this, I already own all three and all the DLC for each title. Mass Effect is my favorite Sci-fi game of all time.

XBL GT: SleepyB 408

I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-06 22:48:26

At 10/6/12 09:56 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
and im supposing you played ME1 before playing 2 and 3, i dont want to suppose you are that stupid

He says he has a PS3 they never got the original ME and that's why he's buying it. I don't see whats so stupid about it when he can just sell/ trade ME2 and 3.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-07 00:06:49

I'm glad that PS3 users can finally experience Mass Effect 1...even though there might be a couple of mods. Better then the PC's user interface at least though.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-07 00:39:04

Ouch, I chose Xbox over PS3 purely because of the mass effect series. Didn't think all I needed to do was wait three or four months for this announcement.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-07 07:23:54

At 10/6/12 10:24 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 10/6/12 07:07 PM, Protagonist wrote:
At 10/6/12 06:44 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: Do you just hate all video games? Even ones you've never played?
I was joking, the sarcasm was obvious. Also, since when do i hate on all games? The only game I've hated on openly is Borderlands, and with good reason.
Oh, I see. Why is it so hard for me to pick up on sarcasm nowadays?

Maybe because it's harder to detect sarcasm in written form, even if you don't have a problem with detecting sarcasm in real life. What mostly gives away sarcasm is how a person sounds when he/she says it or sometimes the body language. While written it is not easy to see if one is being sarcastic, unless it's written painfully obvious, which I didn't think Protagonist did.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-07 08:59:35

At 10/6/12 08:06 PM, II2none wrote: What kind of question is that?

Did you even play it?

At 10/6/12 09:27 PM, POTaTOS wrote: You did too, don't lie.

nah I saw it being shit coming from a mile off considering what EA had done around the time it was in development. Its a shame because the first two are so great.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-07 10:42:50

So is now the perfect chance to get into Mass Effect? I've never played 1 second of the series and I'm always on the PS3.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-07 17:38:42

At 10/7/12 08:59 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 10/6/12 08:06 PM, II2none wrote: What kind of question is that?
Did you even play it?

Oh you were making a joke...

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-07 19:11:36

At 10/7/12 05:50 PM, TheCrimsonWidow wrote: Finally! Now my friends could know about Joker's and EDI's little relationship that I totally did not write a fanfic about.

I think you should be more worried about why your friends think you would write fanfic about a man and his ship/AI

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-08 21:47:57

At 10/7/12 05:50 PM, TheCrimsonWidow wrote: Finally! Now my friends could know about Joker's and EDI's little relationship that I totally did not write a fanfic about.

I'll give you my Tali/Reegar fanfic if you give me yours.

I'm so wet you guys.

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-09 16:05:48

I call ME series is the Downfall of EA.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-11 12:53:27

At 10/9/12 04:05 PM, m0lecule wrote: I call ME series is the Downfall of EA.

I think you have the order reversed there, EA has slowly killed just about every game they touched since about 2000. They Utterly ruined what Bio-ware started in 2007 with the buy out. Been rubbish since. EA goes purely for profit. Point and case both BF3 and ME3. Multiplayer modes, remeber when everyone had a chance at the same thing? From playing wit your buddy on Super mario bro, to the halo series. It was never a contest of who could pay more to get better items,or who could spend more for that matter. Everyone was on the same level of chance. Now? Download this speand this play for this many hours. I don't know about anyone else but when I play a game I play to enjoy it, not be at a disadvantage compared to pay to play players. The rewards such as higher stats different weapons ect, is great if it is all earned you have something to strive for, but why the hell would you nearly force customers to buy more than they need to? Greed, because they can, because people will buy it. In the end all it does is take those that actually have an ability/skill on a game to fight in an endless battle of skill vs equipment. EA didn't start this concept but they sure have prefcted it.

So no EA was the downfal of ME3

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-11 13:52:17

At 10/6/12 10:48 PM, II2none wrote:
At 10/6/12 09:56 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
He says he has a PS3 they never got the original ME and that's why he's buying it. I don't see whats so stupid about it when he can just sell/ trade ME2 and 3.

playing the secuel of a game without playing the original is stupid, even more of a game when story means so much as in ME, buying 2 things he already has is the other 1/3 of stupid, and the last 1/3 is using a ps3 instead of a pc, more so when he could just download ME1 for pc thus its a relatively old game

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-11 19:31:18

Quite the opposite. EA was the downfall of Mass Effect. I loved the new ones, but the original was by far best.

XBL GT: SleepyB 408

I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-11 22:55:14

At 10/11/12 01:52 PM, kakalxlax wrote: playing the secuel of a game without playing the original is stupid, even more of a game when story means so much as in ME, buying 2 things he already has is the other 1/3 of stupid, and the last 1/3 is using a ps3 instead of a pc, more so when he could just download ME1 for pc thus its a relatively old game

Yeah, let me download ME1 on my shitty laptop that lags when it plays The Binding of Isaac. That'll work out.
And I'm not getting the trilogy. I didn't know that ME1 would be available on the PSN for $15.
And yes, I know playing a sequel without playing the original is dumb. That's why I put off playing the series until ME3 came out. Because at that point I gave up hope of ever seeing ME1 on the PS3.

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-12 09:32:05

At 10/11/12 08:19 PM, RacistBassist wrote: Am I the only person who thinks that the "Your team loses, civilization as we know it is wiped out" ending of ME3 should have been the official, only choice?

Yes considering how they went about it made no sense.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-13 19:28:25

It will be nice to play the first Mass Effect on the PS3, but I will not be buying the trilogy. I already own the third one, I sold my Mass Effect 2 copy for more than I paid for it and I can always go grab it with the DLC for 20 bucks at EB Games, and if the first Mass Effect will be on the PSN for 15 dollars, well I only need to spend 35 dollars for all three of the games in total, as I have the 3rd game and collector edition.

It's a money grab coming from EA, but it is nice that the PS3 will have the first game.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-15 07:24:02

At 10/11/12 12:53 PM, FutalRage wrote:
I think you have the order reversed there, EA has slowly killed just about every game they touched since about 2000. They Utterly ruined what Bio-ware started in 2007 with the buy out. Been rubbish since. EA goes purely for profit. Point and case both BF3 and ME3. Multiplayer modes, remeber when everyone had a chance at the same thing? From playing wit your buddy on Super mario bro, to the halo series. It was never a contest of who could pay more to get better items,or who could spend more for that matter. Everyone was on the same level of chance. Now? Download this speand this play for this many hours. I don't know about anyone else but when I play a game I play to enjoy it, not be at a disadvantage compared to pay to play players. The rewards such as higher stats different weapons ect, is great if it is all earned you have something to strive for, but why the hell would you nearly force customers to buy more than they need to? Greed, because they can, because people will buy it. In the end all it does is take those that actually have an ability/skill on a game to fight in an endless battle of skill vs equipment. EA didn't start this concept but they sure have prefcted it.

So no EA was the downfal of ME3

EA has been the downfall of many games, such as Dungeon Keeper. This might just be nostalgia on my part, but most of the time games get progressively worse as the series gives birth to new games, such as the Mass Effect franchise or nearly any other RPG for that matter. But on the topic of Mass Effect, I find that people have been too hard on Mass Effect based on the ending. The control was a huge improvement over the first two games, and for the first time you actually feel the effect of your alignment. As a renegade, you only have your goal in mind, the ends justify the means etc. As a paragon, you never leave anyone behind, your crew comes first and theres always a more humane way to solve a problem, rather than just annihilating it and not taking any collateral damage into consideration. Granted I understand that it was kind of a kick in the dick for many of the people who played ME2 and looked forward to many diffrent endings based on your galactic readiness, your decisions in previous games and during the game and so on, only to be rewarded with two endings, that are basically exactly the same and one secret ending that literally only changes the way the crew looks when they step out of the crash, but the experience during the game is so much more important than the ending, and in the long run, making a well designed game is oh so much more satisfying than making a shitty game with a good ending.

To further prove my point, play mass effect 3, and then go back to mass effect 1. You WILL fill an infathomably large diffrence in the stiffness of the controls and how insanely difficult it is to get Shepard to do what you are telling him to.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.

Cheap Voice acting/Narrator voiceovers!

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2012-10-15 07:46:16

At 10/15/12 07:24 AM, Nithael wrote: To further prove my point, play mass effect 3, and then go back to mass effect 1. You WILL fill an infathomably large diffrence in the stiffness of the controls and how insanely difficult it is to get Shepard to do what you are telling him to.

A lot of games have this.... godfather complex about them. First one great second one fantastic third why did they make it. But over all during the game I enjoyed it. I felt a bit shorted at first after finishing but I feel the multiplayer was a good way to get over it. However I'm slowly getting off topic Message me if you wanna continue so we aren't floding the thread.