New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-06 18:10:53 Reply

At 10/6/12 05:00 PM, Sensationalism wrote: They do that with other problems that can be detected. Not that I expect this to ever be detected but it'd be sweet. Everyone would be safer.

Might want to read up before you break out the wire coat hangers.
Psychopathic traits only manifest around 13 years of age, and of those diagnosed to most likely be psychopaths only one third exhibit the same behaviour at age 24.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-06 19:30:05 Reply

At 10/6/12 06:10 PM, Lintire wrote: Might want to read up before you break out the wire coat hangers.
Psychopathic traits only manifest around 13 years of age, and of those diagnosed to most likely be psychopaths only one third exhibit the same behaviour at age 24.

Did you only read half of my post? Thanks for the useless info that I and everyone else already knew.

At 10/6/12 06:13 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: then why not just wish that people all lived fulfilling lives and were mentally stable and happy and there were no "psychopaths"?

instead of, you know, aborting loads of babies because there is an inescapable fate set for them

seems like an odd fantasy to me

That's the what. I wrote the how.
Rumpelstiltskin has to work out hows for the wisher's whats. He's odd too. Yay!

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-06 19:49:49 Reply

Dissapointed. By the way you all were describing him I thought he was pure emotionless about the act, but when I saw the video the dispatcher had to tell him to calm down and take breaths in and out.

The most interesting person is the one who is devoid of all human emotions. THOSE individuals are the real ones to truly fear.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 00:08:51 Reply

Calm? This kid is in shock. What he did might have been impulsive, but that doesn't mean it isn't affecting him.

At 10/6/12 07:12 AM, Falonefal wrote: Complete insanity? I don't know, according to general moral values yes, but I would rather classify this as anti-utopian.
Doing something like this isn't generally accepted, since we blindly believe life to be so important, but to someone like him life may have no value and it might seem like a completely normal action to just take it from someone.

I think this makes plenty sense. Killing isn't really wrong, it's just counterproductive and unethical for the general survival and well-being of the human race (which is why we perceive it as mentally wrong). Saying that human life is valuable is not fact or fiction; it's an opinion. Therefore, killing can't be wrong by any fundamental nature; right and wrong are merely constructs.

At 10/6/12 08:47 AM, BumFodder wrote: Everyone thinks something like that atleast once in their life, but actually going through with it is a different thing. Its still a stupid thing to think though.

I agree, it's a pretty normal thought. Sometimes a "what if" or a thought that murder is within your capability of it. Murder is so taboo it's only natural for us to consider it out of repression.

At 10/6/12 01:33 PM, Sensationalism wrote: When I was a kid, I'd go save living struggling bugs from spiderwebs. But i'd make sure to leave all the dead bugs there and leave the webs intact. I wanted to save the bugs but I wanted the spiders to live and be able to eat too.

I never knew that about you, Heather. That's really sweet.

At 10/6/12 03:10 PM, ohbombuh wrote: If we didn't have guns, he'd have used a knife. If we didn't have knives, he'd have used a blunt object. If we didn't have blunt objects, he'd have just strangled them.

This kid said he wasn't angry at his family. Without adrenaline pumping through him, I doubt he'd have had the energy or guts to kill someone with a melee weapon. From the way he sounded, it seems as if he killed his sister and mother calmly. That being said, I don't really think guns are the problem. This kind of thing only happens so often.

At 10/6/12 05:00 PM, Sensationalism wrote: They do that with other problems that can be detected. Not that I expect this to ever be detected but it'd be sweet. Everyone would be safer.

You're contradicting yourself. If it's okay to kill someone based off of a disability or condition (regardless of whether this condition developed or was pre-existing), then you're saying that human life is, at times, expendable. However, if human life is expendable, then what is the purpose of killing that person to protect or benefit others?

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 01:14:38 Reply

Another sad story; does anyone know if he had a Facebook or newgrounds account ?

Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 01:59:36 Reply

At 10/7/12 12:08 AM, Kwing wrote: Calm? This kid is in shock. What he did might have been impulsive, but that doesn't mean it isn't affecting him.

English is not your first language, is it? I said the dispatcher had to CALM him down.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 02:11:45 Reply

@Kwing. It's not life YET. And humans are hypocrites all the time anyway so I don't care. It's very creepy when you use my irl name.

Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 02:30:04 Reply

At 10/6/12 01:43 PM, 24901miles wrote: The reality here is that fathers who own guns tend to be "proud gun owners" who share the weapon with their underage, immature, and possible absolutely psychotic children. If the weapon was locked up, the boy probably knew where his dad hid the key, or knew the combination to the safe. That's how fathers are with their sons.

Jesus christ, you are so fucking liberal right now that it's hurting

It's not the fault of the parents for owning a gun

1. He wanted to kill them anyway, he was gonna find something to do it with, and at least with a gun it was as painless as possible

2. If he wanted to kill them specifically with a gun, he could have gotten one any number of other ways

It's impossible to rid the world of guns, ending all gun violence. The blame absolutely lies on the shoulders of the father, both for owning a gun, and for allowing his 17-year-old son access to it.

You just went from being ass hurtingly liberal, to so liberal that I want to physically harm you

I'm gonna let someone els explain why there are so many things wrong with your argument, I'm just gonna fuck it up

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 03:19:19 Reply

At 10/6/12 07:30 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 10/6/12 06:10 PM, Lintire wrote: Might want to read up before you break out the wire coat hangers.
Did you only read half of my post? Thanks for the useless info that I and everyone else already knew.

Did you only read half of mine? Mental disorders can be treated, and can simply phase out on their own due to changes in environment. In fact, two thirds of sociopaths do exactly that. It's in the link, I'd go directly to it but it's indicate to do that with an iPad.

Maybe I'm just being vitriolic because, from where I'm at, you're basically telling 70 million people that they have no right to be alive. That they're ticking time bombs, and a danger to everyone, because you don't trust them to not be homicidal.

Tell me I'm wrong. I'd like to be.

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 04:23:09 Reply

the sister he killed was so hot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 04:56:23 Reply

He might've just been curious.

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 09:53:14 Reply

At 10/6/12 03:58 PM, AnonymousOfCali wrote: I can completely relate to this kid. Being in a house for 18 years with the same people

It's a completely different circumstance, when asked if he was intent on killing them specifically or just anyone, he answered anyone. And there is a major difference between thoughts and actions.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 14:43:05 Reply

At 10/7/12 07:14 AM, 24901miles wrote: Again, it's the father's fault for owning a weapon and not storing it properly. If it was "lying on the couch" any joe-home-invader could have access to it, even if they ran in with only a crow bar.

Woah there! The father didn't pick up a gun and kill anyone! Whenever something bad happens, there is always a chain of events that lead up to it and facilitated it. But that doesn't mean blame can be placed on anyone other than the person who actually did the act. It's hard to predict what people will do. I have access to guns, if I ever do anything to harm someone with them it's my fault alone. Not the person who gave me the guns or sold me the bullets or pissed me off or whatever.

It's absolutely his fault. He was not a responsible gun owner. There are many preventative reasons to keep the gun locked up in the house, and even more reasons to keep the gun out of your son's hands. There is only one reason for giving your son access to the gun: Protection from burglary. What's the likelihood of a home invasion in a gated community?

The boy is 17, almost an adult. I think it's best to get them learning about gun safety at a younger age because they will take it more seriously and be more knowledgeable. Guns are to be respected. I took classes at 13 and was using real guns at that age. Years before that I had access to a BB gun I'd shoot cans with. I had supervision up until I was 18 with all weapons. It sounds like you're saying it's dad's fault for letting his 17 year old son have access to guns. This is very common and it's not irresponsible to share that kind of stuff with your nearly adult children.

The only way I see any blame on the father is if he handed his son the gun and said "shoot your sister and mom right now."

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 14:50:14 Reply

Not shocking at all.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 14:51:42 Reply

This thread has came down to miles trying to convince everyone that the dad is the one who killed the kids mom and sister because he had a gun in the house

I honestly didn't know it was possible for someone to be that retarded, especially with so many different people telling him just how wrong he is.

TAB

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 15:00:43 Reply

At 10/7/12 02:55 PM, 24901miles wrote: No, there's nothing wrong with teaching a child gun safety, how to properly handle, load, operate, and store a firearm.

He's fucking 17 you fuckwad, it'd be different if you were talking about a 13 year old emo kid

There is something wrong with leaving home without storing your weapon safely.

You are a retarded liberal

No one cares that you don't want american citizens to own guns, it's not the fucking dads fault for having a gun, and it's not his fault for leaving it within access, because most 17 year olds can be trusted to not grab the fucking gun and shoot people

You are one case of retarded if I've ever seen it

TAB

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 15:03:50 Reply

At 10/7/12 03:00 PM, 24901miles wrote: I don't know exactly what to say to this. You haven't been reading

It's been very intertaining reading your libfag rants

you didn't listen to the 911 call

Yeah, I did, actually, he just calmly told her that he killed his family, and then they talked for 12 minutes

and you've completely misinterpreted whatever you skimmed in my posts, interlaced it with whatever preconceived notions you have about "liberal vs conservative gun issues" and made sure to post to demonstrate to your own superego that you aren't afraid to display your ignorance.

No, you're so fucking mentally challenged that you want to place blame on someone els for owning a gun

Did the dad kill those two? No? Did the dad have any idea at all that a half grown ass man would take the gun and shoot people with it? No, the kid hadn't been showing any noticeable signs of being troubled

You're retarded as shit, and your opinion doesn't really matter in this case

TAB

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 15:05:29 Reply

At 10/7/12 03:03 PM, 24901miles wrote: The father IS TO BLAME for not LOCKING THE GUN IN A SAFE. How loud to I have to type before you start thinking with your brain instead of your scalp?

He ISN'T TO BLAME because most 17 YEAR OLDS can be trusted TO NOT SHOOT his entire FAMILY

TAB

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 15:22:00 Reply

At 10/7/12 03:03 PM, 24901miles wrote: The father IS TO BLAME for not LOCKING THE GUN IN A SAFE. How loud to I have to type before you start thinking with your brain instead of your scalp?

No, the kid is to blame because he picked up a gun and shot people to death with it.
Many people have access to guns at that age. They are trusted to be responsible. You don't expect them to do harm with it so they are able to get into the safe even if it's locked.

The boy decided what to do with the gun and he carried out the actions. All of the blame is on him and him alone.

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 15:22:02 Reply

At 10/7/12 03:00 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 10/7/12 02:55 PM, 24901miles wrote: No, there's nothing wrong with teaching a child gun safety, how to properly handle, load, operate, and store a firearm.
He's fucking 17 you fuckwad, it'd be different if you were talking about a 13 year old emo kid

There is something wrong with leaving home without storing your weapon safely.
You are a retarded liberal

No one cares that you don't want american citizens to own guns, it's not the fucking dads fault for having a gun, and it's not his fault for leaving it within access, because most 17 year olds can be trusted to not grab the fucking gun and shoot people

You are one case of retarded if I've ever seen it

chill out dawg there are usually multiple perspectives to situations such as these. The kid is zero doubt fucking loopy but a responsible gun owner shouldn't have a problem with keeping access to firearms limited within the household

I mean, usually kids with troubled issues tend to repress them and passively aggressively will come up with insane schemes that are completely justified within their own heads. Consider this; there were many many more schools being held hostage by some kids who got into their dads gun cabinet in the Central America region rather than in Canada. There's usually no way to simply predict this outburst in behavior, and nine times out of 10 I'm willing to bet if you asked any of these people where they got the gun, they will say "within their own homes". It's not as simple as walking out the front door to a local gun shop and just buying a gun... at least, if you aren't of age.

from your standpoint, yes, we shouldn't be having to bubblewrap and overprotect american youth today and this certainly isn't just the fault of the father, but you can't say there aren't any possible measures that could have been taken beforehand to prevent this from happening

because he doesn't share the same opinion on who's fault it is surely isn't a reason to go into another one of your trademark hissy fits

but seriously bro you chill yet

Teen murders sister and mother.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 15:25:36 Reply

At 10/7/12 03:03 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 10/7/12 03:00 PM, 24901miles wrote: I don't know exactly what to say to this. You haven't been reading

Quit ripping on liberals.
We love guns too

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 15:30:15 Reply

At 10/7/12 03:27 PM, 24901miles wrote: No, he's not chill yet. I'm still a liberal because he doesn't know how to read, and it's still not the father's fault for giving his son a gun which he couldn't legally own for another 7 years.

I'm also retarded/thesaurus for thinking that the only way to solve gun violence is to keep them out of the hands of people who are likely to misuse them.

and it's at this point that it's just better to leave it be, there's no point in arguing with someone too stubborn to carry a meaningful debate

Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 15:39:42 Reply

At 10/7/12 03:27 PM, 24901miles wrote: giving his son a gun

Where the hell did you come up with this? You are all over the place, buddy.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 16:03:02 Reply

At 10/7/12 03:43 PM, 24901miles wrote: I'm saying it is his father's fault because the gun should have been stored properly while he was away. The gun should have been stored in a safe. In a system where one man is in charge, he is always to blame for the failure of the people in his charge.

So why aren't they going to arrest the father or try him for murder?

BBS Signature
zyzy
zyzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 16:22:15 Reply

guarantee you there will be a song or book about this kid in the near future. He's just a kid that didn't realize the severity of the situation, I don't think a sociopath would have any sympathy to call the cops and sound regretful, the kid was in shock of what he had done in a burst of mania. Not worth listening to murders happen everyday 0/10 not impressed

OwnageGiy221
OwnageGiy221
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 17:16:46 Reply

At 10/7/12 03:25 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 10/7/12 03:03 PM, Xenomit wrote:
Quit ripping on liberals.
We love guns too

Exactly, Liberals are pro-gun freedom. The Demofucks are the ones that support gun control.

Liberal =/= Democrat. Liberalism is all about freedom; people (democrats) who are anti-gun are notLiberal. That's what's weird about this country; the Republicans are mostly Conservative with some Liberal mixed in, and vice versa with the Democrats.

OwnageGiy221
OwnageGiy221
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 17:23:40 Reply

At 10/7/12 05:19 PM, 24901miles wrote:
At 10/7/12 05:16 PM, OwnageGiy221 wrote: Liberal =/= Democrat. Liberalism is all about freedom; people (democrats) who are anti-gun are notLiberal. That's what's weird about this country; the Republicans are mostly Conservative with some Liberal mixed in, and vice versa with the Democrats.
That's not even true. There are pro-gun and anti-gun members of both the Republican and Democratic parties. I also think you're confusing Libertarians with Liberals.

Another Democrat who thinks he knows what he's talking about, what a shock. It's people like you who make Liberals look like idiots. I don't even like calling myself a Liberal, because people will think I'm in the same group as you.

OwnageGiy221
OwnageGiy221
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 17:28:20 Reply

At 10/7/12 05:25 PM, 24901miles wrote: Sup troll?

Registered Republican.

Sure, keep telling yourself that. Let's forget the fact that Republicans are zealously anti-gun control. but hey, signing your name on a piece of paper automatically makes you a republican. By your logic, if I were obviously a conservative, but registered Red Party for some weird reason, then it doesn't matter what I actually think; the only thing that matters is where my name is signed.

And Democrats wonder why they aren't taken seriously.

OwnageGiy221
OwnageGiy221
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 17:35:20 Reply

At 10/7/12 05:25 PM, 24901miles wrote: Sup troll?

Registered Republican.

Also what people don't seem to understand is that a political party has a very specific set of agendas. If you don't meet all of those, you're not a part of that party, whether or not you sign your name somewhere. A lot of Republicans or Democrats aren't actually true members of either of those parties. There are many ideological "middle ground" parties (like the Moose party); I would recommend taking a look at those.

OwnageGiy223
OwnageGiy223
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Teen murders sister and mother. 2012-10-07 17:44:33 Reply

At 10/7/12 05:32 PM, 24901miles wrote:
Except you can't speak for an entire party and say they're strictly pro or anti gun control when it comes to politics, and doing so just proves that you're an idiot who doesn't pay attention to numbers or listen to other people. By your logic, every Republican is pro-life, pro-gun, and hates gays, whereas every Democrat is pro-choice, pro-gun-laws, and pro-gay-marriage.

As I said after you posted this (I probably should have waited but oh well), if you aren't pro-choice, pro-gun-laws, and pro-gay-marriage, then you can call your self a Dem until the boys come home; you aren't a Dem. Most people just affiliate with a party they don't fully agree with, because the party they actually ideologically belong to isn't mainstream. For example, a lot of Communists and Socialists choose to affiliate with the Democrats, because the Red Party and the Socialist party aren't popular; same thing with people from the Conservative Party or the various reactionary parties who affiliate with the Republicans.