zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Halo 4 Remix Contest Oct. 5th, 2012 @ 08:54 PM Reply

Here's the link

Apparently Microsoft studio is hosting an official Halo 4 remix contest, complete with stems from the upcoming soundtrack within the game... I thought that those who weren't aware of this (it was posted in a little link as I was checking my soundcloud today), it would be a good chance for some of NG's artist to give it a go and maybe give a little rep to our site...

I might enter, but I haven't examine the stems yet... but hey, might as well try right?

Btw, if you have any specific questions about this, I'll just let you know right now that I'm just as clueless about the whole thing as the next person, so I might be more aware of what's going on with the contest as I further examine it, but right now, I just found it and was posting it here so many artist here could see as well.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Halo 4 Remix Contest Oct. 5th, 2012 @ 10:11 PM Reply

At 10/5/12 08:54 PM, zelazon wrote: Apparently Microsoft studio is hosting an official Halo 4 remix contest, complete with stems from the upcoming soundtrack within the game...

I imagine most of the entries will basically be electronic or dubstep tracks using the given stems.

It's a shame that it's not an "original music inspired by Halo" contest - that would open the doors for much more inspired tracks in many more genres: you can't really utilize those loops in jazz or orchestral entries :/

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Halo 4 Remix Contest Oct. 5th, 2012 @ 10:37 PM Reply

At 10/5/12 10:11 PM, RampantMusik wrote: I imagine most of the entries will basically be electronic or dubstep tracks using the given stems.

It's a shame that it's not an "original music inspired by Halo" contest - that would open the doors for much more inspired tracks in many more genres: you can't really utilize those loops in jazz or orchestral entries :/

Yea... I'll admit that I'm not really efficient with stems...

I tried once, but I didn't even place in that contest :/