00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

wat u think?

1,196 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

wat u think? 2012-10-05 19:21:31

just created this. wat u guys think? comments? criticism? please.

wat u think?

Response to wat u think? 2012-10-05 23:34:58

At 10/5/12 07:21 PM, KisukeFanboy435 wrote: just created this. wat u guys think? comments? criticism? please.

added some shadowing at the top. lol

wat u think?

Response to wat u think? 2012-10-06 06:41:27

At 10/5/12 11:34 PM, KisukeFanboy435 wrote:
At 10/5/12 07:21 PM, KisukeFanboy435 wrote: just created this. wat u guys think? comments? criticism? please.
added some shadowing at the top. lol

Great. Did you use the smudge tool for the jagged pattern? It looks okay but the blurriness of it doesn't really seem to match the crispness of the rest of the drawing.
I know it's a tempting tool to use, but I suggest using modified brushes instead. There's some really nice stuff you could do if you play around with different brush settings. The overall picture looks cool though.

Response to wat u think? 2012-10-12 17:54:21

yeah i did use smudge there at the end for the shadowing and the clouds, what did u mean by modified brushes? btw

Response to wat u think? 2012-10-12 18:53:04

At 10/12/12 05:54 PM, KisukeFanboy435 wrote: yeah i did use smudge there at the end for the shadowing and the clouds, what did u mean by modified brushes? btw

he means the settings of the brush you use, so changing opacity and flow of the soft brush for example. smudge tool can be handy sometimes but you are using it wrong. It seems you want to blend the colors dont use smudge for that but modified brushes.

btw the mayor issues with this drawing is the light shading on the ground. its not right that way. Also to me its unclear what i am looking at, maybe thats the intention, then by all means leave it like that, but what happens in the back is a bit of a mess

wat u think?

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature

Response to wat u think? 2012-10-14 07:48:04

At 10/12/12 06:53 PM, Tomsan wrote:
At 10/12/12 05:54 PM, KisukeFanboy435 wrote: yeah i did use smudge there at the end for the shadowing and the clouds, what did u mean by modified brushes? btw
he means the settings of the brush you use, so changing opacity and flow of the soft brush for example. smudge tool can be handy sometimes but you are using it wrong. It seems you want to blend the colors dont use smudge for that but modified brushes.

^ Yep that's what I meant.
But like Tomsan said, what is going on in the background? I'm guessing some sort of squid monster in the sewers? That means the manholes are the only light source so maybe you could use the light coming from there to clear up the background a little.

(brush panel)

wat u think?

Response to wat u think? 2012-10-14 15:42:04

I dont understand what is happening here?

Response to wat u think? 2012-10-15 10:39:14

Strictly coming from a mechanical view. I think you should wait on using any of the 'tools' in photoshop. You should in my opinion concentrate on one thing, and that is drawing, and understanding what you're drawing. Don't use smudge, don't use brushes, just draw buildings, trees, and people, and animals. Do this for 6 months, it'll be hard, and then try this picture again. I bet you'll be ready for the smudge tool and other things then. If you can draw on paper, do it, if you have to do it digitally, try using a simple round brush with pressure sensitivity on, and use black on white. Trust me, if you do this you will thank me, good luck either way! Go learn!
-Hyp

Response to wat u think? 2012-11-02 09:57:35

At 10/12/12 06:53 PM, Tomsan wrote:

btw the mayor issues with this drawing is the light shading on the ground. its not right that way. Also to me its unclear what i am looking at, maybe thats the intention, then by all means leave it like that, but what happens in the back is a bit of a mess

i was going for a sort of a fear aspect, the being coming down and whatnot the mass in the background was supposed to be writhing tentacles, i do know i have a long way to go. lol. part of that is because i dont know how to fully use gimp. and i have this problem that sometimes i can draw something very good but then other times it comes out sketchy, like the vision in my head looked cooler than wat i could do. does anyone else get that?

Response to wat u think? 2012-11-02 09:59:29

thanks, ill hafta do that.