Be a Supporter!

I don't think Bush was a bad Pres.

  • 1,507 Views
  • 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 02:33:21 Reply

Well, you can try to prove me wrong but I honestly don't think W. Bush was a bad president. Everyone hates on him, well, a lot of people do, people think poorly of him for mainly, I suppose, the Iraq War, the Economy, and Katrina. But honestly, I think he just got the shit end of the stick that ALL of these things would happen during his presidency. Once again, prove me wrong, but I can't see how Bush was the MAIN contributor to ALL those major problems.

fair warning: these comments are based off of prior knowledge, so if anything seems nonfactual or you'd like to correct me, feel free.

9/11 (ignoring conspirators) was an unpredicted attack on US soil, it took the lives of so many Americans, wanting to destroy the organization that did that is only natural, I don't know if many of you were old enough to fully comprehend the atrocities of such an event (hey, I hardly was either) but such a thing, at such a time, War seemed only appropriate, such as Pearl Harbor did with the Japanese. Was staying there a good idea? Many say no, but hey, all I know is that both of the Main leaders are dead and we dealt a massive blow to Al-Queda/related terrorist groups even if they are still up and kicking (those Middle Eastern companies need to fight back too, instead of harboring them or being intimidated).

The Economy, yes, Bush spent so much money its pretty much unreal but the main source of the recession can be found actually where Clinton left off in 1999 when he allowed Berny Mac and Bernie Fae to "subprime" equities and such, and when both then bankrupted, ta-da, the economy was officially in the shitter. Could Bush have seen this coming? Maybe, his economic advisers should have at least noticed something was up or about to go down before it did. Not to mention the then insane prices of Gas due to all the Middle Eastern activity.

And then Katrina, hell some people act like he created the damn Hurricane, from what I gather, yes, he should have been more on the ball and yeah, Relief should have come sooner. But this was like Icing on a presidential Shit cake, not only was the economy bad, not only was there a War, but now a huge Natural disaster that totally fucked up NO, I think Bush was really relying on his cabinet for this one and they really did not deliver.

Now I'm not saying that these events couldn't have been handled better. But don't sit there and act like you could've been a better president because we both know the pressure of all these thing would have made you fold like a lawn chair. They'd find you under the president's desk crying to yourself. Furthermore, People, and I mean a lot of people, act like he was/is a fucking idiot. Well, he's a lot smarter than you, smarter than you'll ever be, so are most politicians due to the extreme amount of organizing, campaigning and politicking necessary to reach a status such as President of the United States. Sure, all his staff and cabinet members do most of the work, then again, in order to have staff and cabinet you kinda have to be doing something right to begin with.

Maybe the Media just puts too much liberal spin, then again, maybe they're right for the most part, but the guy, I think, was a pretty good leader for being able to handle all these terrible events and not leave the country in (total) turmoil. I don't think Gore could've done better, I don't think he would have the right stuff to hard ball Foreign anything and I think his Green Energy spin, though efficient, would've caused too much strain on an already delicate economy for large businesses, and he wouldn't have stopped 9/11 and he couldn't have kept Bernie Mac and Fae from bankrupting or block Katrina with a laser force-field (using clean energy of course) around New Orleans. And frankly, I think if Gore had been president, we'd all be bagging on him 24/7.

If you feel differently, which I'm sure many of you do, please refrain from uncivil conduct, pointless debasing, or blatant name-calling. I posted here and not General for a reason you know.

oh what the hell am I saying? This IS Newgrounds, go ahead, I'll take your beatings now, sorry for having an opinion.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 03:46:41 Reply

Bush is a war profiteering gangsta dictator with no business to be a head of a country not to mention Cheney and Halliburton and Obamney Saddam Hussein is no better they are all business as usual puppets in a larger plan.


BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 05:33:27 Reply

At 10/5/12 05:27 AM, TheCrimsonWidow wrote: I have to agree with you on everything you said, bush was a great man. Everyone I know shits on his reputation because everyone else is. Why did we give him a second term then? Just to see what he will do? And to be honest, I believe Obama is having the same problem Bush had, with all the hate for no reason and such.

Can't understand how there is so many unwitting fascists are on here makes me sick to my stomach.


BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 05:56:14 Reply

At 10/5/12 05:49 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: Bush wasn't really a great president, but he gave it his damndest. Hell, the man was dealt one of the worst hands in presidential history, and had to contend with the worst terrorist attack we've ever faced, two wars, a natural disaster, a plummeting economy, and conspiracy theories that arose every time he took a piss.

He dun good, considering all the shit he was up against.

Guess thats why he took more vacation time than any other President in History cause he was so occupied doing his job RIGHT ...


BBS Signature
Dawnslayer
Dawnslayer
  • Member since: Mar. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 09:12:40 Reply

At 10/5/12 02:33 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Well, you can try to prove me wrong but I honestly don't think W. Bush was a bad president. Everyone hates on him, well, a lot of people do, people think poorly of him for mainly, I suppose, the Iraq War, the Economy, and Katrina. But honestly, I think he just got the shit end of the stick that ALL of these things would happen during his presidency. Once again, prove me wrong, but I can't see how Bush was the MAIN contributor to ALL those major problems.

fair warning: these comments are based off of prior knowledge, so if anything seems nonfactual or you'd like to correct me, feel free.
9/11 (ignoring conspirators) was an unpredicted attack on US soil, it took the lives of so many Americans, wanting to destroy the organization that did that is only natural, I don't know if many of you were old enough to fully comprehend the atrocities of such an event (hey, I hardly was either) but such a thing, at such a time, War seemed only appropriate, such as Pearl Harbor did with the Japanese. Was staying there a good idea? Many say no, but hey, all I know is that both of the Main leaders are dead and we dealt a massive blow to Al-Queda/related terrorist groups even if they are still up and kicking (those Middle Eastern companies need to fight back too, instead of harboring them or being intimidated).

The "both" being Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein, I'm guessing? If this is the case, here's a fact check for you: Iraq was not affiliated with al-Qaeda and had no connection to the September 11th attacks. I don't fault you for believing otherwise; if the age on your profile is correct, you were seven years old at the time, when at least three of every five full grown adults were under the same impression. Still, it continues to astound me that after it was independently proven and verified that no such link existed, there are still people who believe it did.

At this point you may be asking, "if there was no connection, why were we there?" Theories abound, but whatever the true reasons were, the idea of a link to al-Qaeda was actively pushed by the Bush administration as part of the driving force of its rationale for invasion (the other part being weapons of mass destruction which also didn't exist). In pushing this idea, they convinced the majority of Americans that the war in Iraq was part of the counter-assault against al-Qaeda. Instead it turned out to be a waste of valuable resources and irreplaceable human beings, which diverted attention from Afghanistan - the place where al-Qaeda actually was, and where we still are over ten years later - and ultimately catalyzed and exacerbated the economic mess that we are in today.

And to top it all off, al-Qaeda started recruiting in Iraq after we invaded. So in a way, we created the problem we were supposedly there to solve. Don't get me wrong, I still think that Iraq is better off without the Hussein regime in power; but we had no business being there, and that came back to haunt us.

The Economy, yes, Bush spent so much money its pretty much unreal but the main source of the recession can be found actually where Clinton left off in 1999 when he allowed Berny Mac and Bernie Fae to "subprime" equities and such, and when both then bankrupted, ta-da, the economy was officially in the shitter. Could Bush have seen this coming? Maybe, his economic advisers should have at least noticed something was up or about to go down before it did. Not to mention the then insane prices of Gas due to all the Middle Eastern activity.

I've said my piece about Iraq relative to the economy. Beyond that, my argument is merely speculation on the administration's beliefs about economics. But for the record, it was Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae; Bernie Mac is the name of a dead comedian.

And then Katrina, hell some people act like he created the damn Hurricane, from what I gather, yes, he should have been more on the ball and yeah, Relief should have come sooner. But this was like Icing on a presidential Shit cake, not only was the economy bad, not only was there a War, but now a huge Natural disaster that totally fucked up NO, I think Bush was really relying on his cabinet for this one and they really did not deliver.

You are aware that Katrina happened over two years BEFORE the recession hit, right? But the brunt of the fault lies with the state and local governments, who weren't checking up on the levees like they were supposed to so a disaster like that didn't happen in the first place.

Furthermore, People, and I mean a lot of people, act like he was/is a fucking idiot. Well, he's a lot smarter than you, smarter than you'll ever be

A sweeping generalization that I can safely say is untrue. I'm no Einstein, but I'm not exactly in the middle of the bell curve.

I don't think Gore could've done better...he wouldn't have stopped 9/11

No, but we could have avoided the distraction of an unconnected war that dragged on into the recession and made it that much more painful.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 10:00:46 Reply

At 10/5/12 09:19 AM, 24901miles wrote:
At 10/5/12 05:56 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: Guess thats why he took more vacation time than any other President in History cause he was so occupied doing his job RIGHT ...
Do you really think RightWingGamer has a concept of time and scheduling larger than the number of hours between meals? I really doubt it. He's evaluating Bush's presidency from an apologetic and emotional perspective.

Making light of the travesty that was the Bush Admin should be a crime as morally it is a crime. He can shed a tear for a tyrant but I for one shed a tear for the innocent children and babies and family homes that are still being rendered collateral damage of the War Machine that is the US&A. GW Bush should be tried for "Crimes Against Humanity" and imprisoned for a time no less than the rest of his natural born life on this planet in an Iraqi or Afghani Prison as American Jail is to good for that piece of scum.


BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 10:03:14 Reply

At 10/5/12 09:19 AM, 24901miles wrote:
At 10/5/12 05:56 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: Guess thats why he took more vacation time than any other President in History cause he was so occupied doing his job RIGHT ...
Do you really think RightWingGamer has a concept of time and scheduling larger than the number of hours between meals? I really doubt it. He's evaluating Bush's presidency from an apologetic and emotional perspective.

Also if he don't have time to have a look into reality then he should give his head a shake for sure and definitely not be posting about stuff he knows absolutely nothing about more than the propaganda that CNN, and Fox feed him.


BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 12:05:31 Reply

At 10/5/12 05:33 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: Can't understand how there is so many unwitting fascists are on here makes me sick to my stomach.

The definition of fascist is NOT "Someone who disagrees with leanlifter1"

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 12:08:26 Reply

By Hallowed's logic, he will be voting for Obama because he was great president.

Jmayer20
Jmayer20
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 12:09:51 Reply

Well other then the fact Bush caused even our ally's to dislike us, did an incompetent job with responding to New Olen's after hurricane Katrina, putting incompetent in charge of things, being connected with large government corruption, not able to respond immediately to crisis situations Example Katrina and 911, lying to the American people about weapons of mass destruction and getting us into a needless war, getting us into a massive amount of debt, and deregulating the banking system which caused this recession id say he was an ok president.

Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 13:17:09 Reply

At 10/5/12 02:33 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Well, you can try to prove me wrong but I honestly don't think W. Bush was a bad president.

I'm not going to try to prove you wrong. That's impossible. It's all opinion.

Everyone hates on him, well, a lot of people do, people think poorly of him for mainly, I suppose, the Iraq War, the Economy, and Katrina. But honestly, I think he just got the shit end of the stick that ALL of these things would happen during his presidency.

He was despised mostly because of going to war with Iraq. Katrina and the economy didn't damage his reputation as much.

But with that being said, he poorly handled the government response to that tragedy.

Once again, prove me wrong, but I can't see how Bush was the MAIN contributor to ALL those major problems.

Bush was almost entirely responsible for sending our armed forces to Iraq. That's why most Americans disapprove of his presidency.

fair warning: these comments are based off of prior knowledge, so if anything seems nonfactual or you'd like to correct me, feel free.
9/11 (ignoring conspirators) was an unpredicted attack on US soil, it took the lives of so many Americans, wanting to destroy the organization that did that is only natural, I don't know if many of you were old enough to fully comprehend the atrocities of such an event (hey, I hardly was either) but such a thing, at such a time, War seemed only appropriate, such as Pearl Harbor did with the Japanese. Was staying there a good idea? Many say no, but hey, all I know is that both of the Main leaders are dead and we dealt a massive blow to Al-Queda/related terrorist groups even if they are still up and kicking (those Middle Eastern companies need to fight back too, instead of harboring them or being intimidated).

The War of Afghanistan was justified. The Iraq War was not.

The Economy, yes, Bush spent so much money its pretty much unreal but the main source of the recession can be found actually where Clinton left off in 1999 when he allowed Berny Mac and Bernie Fae to "subprime" equities and such, and when both then bankrupted, ta-da, the economy was officially in the shitter. Could Bush have seen this coming? Maybe, his economic advisers should have at least noticed something was up or about to go down before it did. Not to mention the then insane prices of Gas due to all the Middle Eastern activity.

I don't know much about this particular issue, so I won't comment.

And then Katrina, hell some people act like he created the damn Hurricane, from what I gather, yes, he should have been more on the ball and yeah, Relief should have come sooner. But this was like Icing on a presidential Shit cake, not only was the economy bad,

The economy was doing fine in 2005. Bush was an idiot for failing to have the government respond immediately.

not only was there a War, but now a huge Natural disaster that totally fucked up NO, I think Bush was really relying on his cabinet for this one and they really did not deliver.

No. He's just dumb.

Now I'm not saying that these events couldn't have been handled better. But don't sit there and act like you could've been a better president

Actually, most people would've made better presidents. Most people would probably not make the horrendous mistakes that Bush did.

because we both know the pressure of all these thing would have made you fold like a lawn chair.

I actually do very well under pressure, so no.

They'd find you under the president's desk crying to yourself.

I'm not likely to cry in that situation. Neither are most people, I imagine.

Furthermore, People, and I mean a lot of people, act like he was/is a fucking idiot.

He was. His decisions didn't indicate that he was an intellectual or anything, you know.

He also made up words frequently, such as "misunderestimate." What does that even mean?

Well, he's a lot smarter than you, smarter than you'll ever be,

I'm a very smart person. I'd have to disagree.

But even if I weren't, I strongly doubt that Bush's intelligence would ever exceed mine or anyone else's. I say this not only because of how he talked with reporters and the like, but because of the foolish decisions he made on a frequent basis.

I actually take offense to someone from the Internet claiming that a president they don't seem to know very well is more intelligent than the people on this board, whom you also don't know very well.

Yes, you could say that we don't know GWB very well either, but that is incorrect. You've ignored all or most of the foolish mistakes made by that man and almost desperately look for examples to prove the man has a high intellect in an attempt to defend him. You've made yourself rather oblivious to that man's shortcomings. Most of us have not.

And come on, you shouldn't underestimate the intelligence of the average politics forum regular. We hold intellectually demanding conversations all of the time. Doesn't that say something about our intelligence?

so are most politicians due to the extreme amount of organizing, campaigning and politicking necessary to reach a status such as President of the United States.

Success in those activities which could ultimately culminate in the ascension to the Presidency of the United States doesn't require high intellect, but work ethic and determination. It doesn't take a genius to campaign, organize, or politick.

Sure, all his staff and cabinet members do most of the work, then again, in order to have staff and cabinet you kinda have to be doing something right to begin with.

Again, that requires work ethic and determination, not intellect.

Maybe the Media just puts too much liberal spin, then again, maybe they're right for the most part, but the guy, I think, was a pretty good leader for being able to handle all these terrible events and not leave the country in (total) turmoil.

He destroyed a budget surplus and added trillions and trillions of dollars to our debt. That may not leave a country in turmoil, but it is indicative of a leader who isn't exactly "good."

I don't think Gore could've done better, I don't think he would have the right stuff to hard ball Foreign anything

Gore most likely had extensive foreign policy experience since he was the former Vice President and a senator for a period of time. GWB was just a governor.

and I think his Green Energy spin, though efficient, would've caused too much strain on an already delicate economy for large businesses,

Please tell me how the economy was "delicate" and how Gore's plans for green energy would severely harm it.

And please tell me why we should care so much about large businesses. They make massive profits, you know.

and he wouldn't have stopped 9/11

That's not why people think GWB was so bad. No one expected him to prevent 9/11. So I doubt that anything different would be expected of Gore.

and he couldn't have kept Bernie Mac and Fae from bankrupting

Most didn't expect GWB to prevent this from happening either.

or block Katrina with a laser force-field (using clean energy of course) around New Orleans.

It's not that GWB didn't prevent Katrina from happening that helped diminish his popularity, but the government's terribly slow response to it.

And frankly, I think if Gore had been president, we'd all be bagging on him 24/7.

Not really. He's not an idiot.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 15:17:59 Reply

Dude, I think your the only one on this website that would agree with me. I don't think he was the best, or perhaps not even Top Ten but he had one of the toughest two terms in office and just because his 2005-2006 years were probably the shittiest years America could have experienced with escalating insurgency in Iraq & Afghanistan, Hurricane Katrina, the prelude to the global recession and Republicans failing to get seats in the house many people despite him. His first term was wonderful and achieved much, I don't think any president could have done better in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks. An while there was previous warnings of a terrorist attack on the states, they were not aware of the specifics such an aircraft hijacking, an would be either way powerless to stop it.


BBS Signature
All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 16:34:37 Reply

What i think people believe when it comes to people bashing Bush on the economy is that when Clinton left office, the economy was booming and the Bush tax cuts were unnecessary. however when that happened we were in a recession due to the .com bubble bursting and 9/11 just prolonged that recession. For the most part the Bush tax cuts got us out of it and allowed for one of the longest period of uninterrupted job growth in US history.

Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 16:35:05 Reply

At 10/5/12 03:17 PM, tyler2513 wrote: I don't think any president could have done better in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks.

"Iraq War."

"Patriot Act."

He could've done better.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 19:32:07 Reply

In his first term he passed No Child Left Behind, started 2 wars, expanded spending and cut taxes. That's how you take a surplus (something which America hadn't had since 1969) and turn it back into a record deficit.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Th-e
Th-e
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 19:51:06 Reply

At 10/5/12 07:32 PM, Warforger wrote: In his first term he passed No Child Left Behind, started 2 wars, expanded spending and cut taxes. That's how you take a surplus (something which America hadn't had since 1969) and turn it back into a record deficit.

It is worth noting that the deficit spending actually decreased in his second term, at least until the whole housing bubble and the economic shit hit the fan. Also, while I can blame Bush for the beginning of the annual trillion dollar deficits, Obama should have gotten these numbers down by now.

As I see it, any deficit dollars over $500 billion a year is a bailout of the Federal Government.

Bush blaming time ended a while back.

Anyway, I think Bush was an OK president, with plenty of brawn, but lacking a brain.


Feel no mercy for me. It will only cause you to suffer as well.

Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-05 22:41:51 Reply

At 10/5/12 07:51 PM, Th-e wrote:
At 10/5/12 07:32 PM, Warforger wrote: In his first term he passed No Child Left Behind, started 2 wars, expanded spending and cut taxes. That's how you take a surplus (something which America hadn't had since 1969) and turn it back into a record deficit.
It is worth noting that the deficit spending actually decreased in his second term, at least until the whole housing bubble and the economic shit hit the fan. Also, while I can blame Bush for the beginning of the annual trillion dollar deficits, Obama should have gotten these numbers down by now.

As I see it, any deficit dollars over $500 billion a year is a bailout of the Federal Government.

Why are you bringing up Obama?

Bush blaming time ended a while back.

Well yah, which is why we're discussing hwy Bush was a bad President.

Anyway, I think Bush was an OK president, with plenty of brawn, but lacking a brain.

He started the Iraq War which was one of the dumbest decisions I can think of in the history of the US. The reasoning was "We're looking for WMD's but not really we're here to liberate a people it's just we're not going to go ahead and say we are". No one told Bush to do it, not the UN or NATO, hell his own father thought it was a bad idea back in the 90's. So he basically removed a dictator and let loose all the ethnic tension in that country out and instead of a peaceful democracy we saw one of the most bloody sectarian violence arise. The entire situation was marred with bad decision after bad decision. For example, when the US took over it disbanded the Iraqi army, this of course meant that there were a large group of individuals who were trained, unemployed and really angry, what did they do? They set up training camps and trained insurgencies. Another thing which they did was strip the ruling elites of their power, so the only people who had any experience in government in Iraq were now forced out. On top of this he put forth a US style Federalist system, the only problem with that is that the US has always had the problem with state v. national governments, and in Iraq it's even worse considering how dependent Iraq is on oil for its livelihood. This has caused so many problems and oil companies have often had difficult especially in the Kurdistan region to set up shop because there's so many conflicting jurisdictions.

This single war ruined whatever potential Iraq had, hell the invasion would've been fine had it been handled correctly and yet it wasn't. He could've avoided all this ethnic violence but he didn't. This "nationbuilding" was so naive and poorly handled that it puts him as one of the worst Presidents in terms of foreign policy.

Now I guess domestically other than the deficit he wasn't terrible, No Child Left Behind was a joke yes but he made some sensible steps towards immigration reform and TARP seemed pretty logical.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-06 01:16:27 Reply

At 10/5/12 10:41 PM, Warforger wrote:
At 10/5/12 07:51 PM, Th-e wrote:
At 10/5/12 07:32 PM, Warforger wrote:
He started the Iraq War.

What !!!!! Bush did not start the war on Iraq Bush started the War on Terrorism and the War on Afghanistan which transcended his regime and spilled over into Obamneys lap. Obamney then proceeded to LIE about his Campaigning cornerstone that "He will bring the troops home from Afghanistan and end the War on Terrorism". As wee all know that was bull shit propaganda to get his ass in power Obama then proceeded to send more and more troops to war then moved the war to Iraq. Obamney continued right were Bush left off as a war monger and profiteer and sadly most people it seems are to dumb to see it.


BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-06 13:22:37 Reply

At 10/5/12 10:00 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:

but I for one shed a tear for the innocent children and babies and family homes that are still being rendered collateral damage ... GW Bush should be tried for "Crimes Against Humanity" and imprisoned...
But Obama gets a free pass for killing civilians and children?

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-06 14:19:36 Reply

At 10/6/12 01:22 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 10/5/12 10:00 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
but I for one shed a tear for the innocent children and babies and family homes that are still being rendered collateral damage ... GW Bush should be tried for "Crimes Against Humanity" and imprisoned...
But Obama gets a free pass for killing civilians and children?

Hell no but the point is that Bush and Cheney kicked this shit fest off back in 02 or whenever it was exactly I can't remember the exact dates so they are to be held with the utmost accountability and to never be forgotten for the war mongers they are. Obama lied to get into office but then again that's to be expected as all presidents lied to get into power. I really don't know what Obama can tangibly do to stop the wars as this thing is much bigger than one presidency and I knew this when he was Campaigning and stating the first thing he will do if he gets into power is "bring the boys home" and "end" the war on terrorism. I was claiming bull shit then and I am still claiming BS now with Romney just like I was with Obama back when he was campaigning.


BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-06 15:11:23 Reply

At 10/6/12 01:16 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 10/5/12 10:41 PM, Warforger wrote:
At 10/5/12 07:51 PM, Th-e wrote:
At 10/5/12 07:32 PM, Warforger wrote:
He started the Iraq War.
What !!!!! Bush did not start the war on Iraq Bush started the War on Terrorism and the War on Afghanistan which transcended his regime and spilled over into Obamneys lap. Obamney then proceeded to LIE about his Campaigning cornerstone that "He will bring the troops home from Afghanistan and end the War on Terrorism". As wee all know that was bull shit propaganda to get his ass in power Obama then proceeded to send more and more troops to war then moved the war to Iraq. Obamney continued right were Bush left off as a war monger and profiteer and sadly most people it seems are to dumb to see it.

I'm starting to get the impression you don't know where Iraq or Afghanistan are, the differences between the two or well anything else. Ok, in 2001 we were attacked in the 9/11 terrorist attacks, so Bush invaded Afghanistan to go after the terrorists starting the War in Afghanistan. In 2003 Iraq refused UN inspectors in certain area's, everyone was convinced Iraq had "Weapons of Mass Destruction" and Bush tried to tie it into his "War on Terror" by fear mongering people that they might arm terrorists and attack America. So he invaded and found no "Weapons of Mass Destruction" and ended up unleashing a whole wave of sectarian violence along with the things up above. Afghanistan kind of went into the background for awhile since no one was really upset about it while people were upset by Iraq, on top of that more soldiers were deployed in Iraq than Afghanistan. That might sound weird but we were in fact fighting two wars at the same time. Now Obama has not deployed more soldiers in Iraq, in fact he pulled them out of Iraq, what people were criticizing him for was pulling them out of Iraq and then sending them to Afghanistan rather than back home.

You are clearly in no position to call people blind and stupid when you have no idea what you're talking about. Considering how recent these events are, I'm not even sure if you're old enough to legally register on these forums without parental permission.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-06 17:25:39 Reply

At 10/6/12 03:11 PM, Warforger wrote:
You are clearly in no position to call people blind and stupid when you have no idea what you're talking about. Considering how recent these events are, I'm not even sure if you're old enough to legally register on these forums without parental permission.

See the difference here is that I have done the research and became enlightened to the truth and fact of the matter whereas you just ate up what the "Media" sold you onto thinking and regurgitating. The particulars do not matter at all that matters is that the fact is Bush/Cheney are War mongers and profiteers & Obamney is a lying push over that works for Wall Street. Your willingness to be a sycophantic upholder of the proverbial statuesque just solidifies the fact that your ideals are part of the problem in the world not solution. Get of the koolaid and use you own brain for a change. What was Obama's cornerstone of his Campaigning regime again ? I suppose you conveniently forgot about that as well.


BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-06 18:27:48 Reply

At 10/6/12 05:25 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: See the difference here is that I have done the research and became enlightened to the truth and fact of the matter whereas you just ate up what the "Media" sold you onto thinking and regurgitating.

No, you people liter the internet, all you do is watch some video on youtube claiming some conspiracy and believe it. Then when someone disagree's with you and proceeds to tell you why you're wrong you fall back and call them "blind" "stupid" "sheep" etc. rather than tell them why their argument is "wrong" because you ran out arguments from the video you watched. You're exactly what you describe everyone else as.

The particulars do not matter at all that matters is that the fact is Bush/Cheney are War mongers and profiteers & Obamney is a lying push over that works for Wall Street.

I said Bush started the Iraq War, you said he didn't. This is literally all I've been trying to tell you, I'm not even arguing with you because there's nothing to argue about, the simple fact is that Bush started the Iraq War and Obama ended it. I gave you a basic background because you appear to not know what the Iraq war or the Afghanistan war were about. Now you've responded by calling me a sheep and close-minded.

Your willingness to be a sycophantic upholder of the proverbial statuesque just solidifies the fact that your ideals are part of the problem in the world not solution. Get of the koolaid and use you own brain for a change. What was Obama's cornerstone of his Campaigning regime again ? I suppose you conveniently forgot about that as well.

What are you talking about? I'd like you to re-read my post, at least any of my post's in this thread. I never mentioned Obama, I merely talked about Bush and why I think he was a bad president. You know, exactly what this thread is about.

Anyway, I find it hilarious the guy who wants people to boycott the vote saying my ideals are part of the problem and not part of the solution, especially considering I haven't said any of my ideals at all in this thread.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-06 18:30:28 Reply

At 10/6/12 05:25 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: the proverbial statuesque

These three words are a microcosm of your entire post history. Way off, and not only do you not know why, you fail to even realize it.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-06 19:51:20 Reply

At 10/5/12 04:35 PM, Light wrote:
At 10/5/12 03:17 PM, tyler2513 wrote: I don't think any president could have done better in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks.
"Iraq War."

Saddam Hussein was having people imprisoned and executed for simply just opposing his regime, and he had been a violator of human rights for many of years which people have accused Bush himself of. An while the troops failed to find the predicted WMD, the surveillance program's themselves were to be blamed, not Bush. It just seemed as though there was because Saddam was wiling to take the situation to war, he turned down at least 7 warnings Bush and the rest of the coalition gave him before removing his regime from power. It was later learned he just didn't want to appear soft in front of Iran.


"Patriot Act."

Are you kidding? At the time, both the Left and Right both strongly supported this, almost unanimously and that includes the public. It also helped get rid of all the other terrorist cells that were currently living in the United States and has helped stop at least a dozen plotted terrorist attacks on U.S soil.


He could've done better.

No, no, he do fine.

I don't think Bush was a bad Pres.


BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-06 20:29:02 Reply

At 10/6/12 07:51 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
No, no, he do fine.

Sounds like a matter of opinion.


BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-06 23:10:20 Reply

While Bush was certainly not the brightest bulb in the White House at the time, and he had questionable decision making and bad timing in a lot of things, it would be tremendously unfair to blame all of America's problems on him.

Let's start on 9/11, not exactly a good start to any presidency. He essentially did what he had to do, and what almost anyone else in his seat would do, and that was to go after Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda. As for the "Patriot Act", a lot of people, particularly with the left used the old taking away our freedoms and security dribble, when in reality, it was passed with unanimous support in Congress, and has been responsible for stopping many different terrorist cells from pulling off another attack on U.S soil. As for the freedoms supposedly being "lost", well that's just a massive overstatement and was simply fuel for all of the politically ignorant and conspiracy nuts out there.

Flash forward to Iraq, at the time, there was a good amount of surveillance at the time that Saddam had WMDs, and considering that he used them in the past, Bush felt like that was a good enough reason to invade Iraq and to remove Saddam Hussein, which he did. Although after that, it simply went spiraling downhill from there, and clearly the administration spun their tires in Iraq dealing with the outside insurgents. In retrospect, it was a very poor choice in decision making, {albeit legal to do} although Iraq now is much more stabilized as a democracy now, compared to 5 or 6 years ago, much less under Saddam.

Then we get to Katrina, which he couldn't do much about the storm, but the aftermath was a failure considering how FEMA botched the rescue efforts, and the state and local governments for not doing more before and after the storm, at least in Louisiana. {and especially New Orleans} Mississippi on the other hand, got the brunt of the storm, and yet they were able to recover at a relatively quick pace. Off the record, GWB is probably the second most hated person in New Orleans, closely behind NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. Whether that's fair or not is up for debate.

While Bush wasn't a shining star as a president at any time, his cabinet and supporting cast was considered toxic, and he unfortunately had to work with him throughout much of his presidency. As far as I could tell, he was a hands-off type of person when it came to the business of what his cronies, if you will, do on their free time, which in hindsight was lackadaisical and well, not a smart idea. The old saying goes that you are in the company that you keep, and his fellow cronies certainly didn't do him any favors, especially in the last months of his presidency, when the economy tanked.

In short, Dubya did the best he could with what was presented, but his stubbornness and lack of foresight basically brought down his presidency from the ground up, and why he was never that popular in the first place, unless you're a professional comedian of course. Strictly in that sense, he might have been the best president ever for spoofing and outright parody for comedians, so I guess you can say that he's got that under his belt, for what it's worth.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-07 19:05:56 Reply

At 10/5/12 02:33 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: because we both know the pressure of all these thing would have made you fold like a lawn chair. They'd find you under the president's desk crying to yourself.

They might have found YOU under the desk crying. You're projecting, because I know that if New Orleans was underwater when I was President, I'd somehow find a way to get those people help.

Also, if he was crying under the chair, MAYBE HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN PRESIDENT. NO OTHER PRESIDENT ACTED THIS WAY UNDER CRISIS.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-07 19:10:52 Reply

At 10/7/12 07:05 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 10/5/12 02:33 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: because we both know the pressure of all these thing would have made you fold like a lawn chair. They'd find you under the president's desk crying to yourself.
They might have found YOU under the desk crying. You're projecting, because I know that if New Orleans was underwater when I was President, I'd somehow find a way to get those people help.

Also, if he was crying under the chair, MAYBE HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN PRESIDENT. NO OTHER PRESIDENT ACTED THIS WAY UNDER CRISIS.

Quote "New Orleans is sinking and I don't want to swim" The Tragically Hip well before New Orleans went under water in real time LOL. Freaky.


BBS Signature
Rational-Delirium
Rational-Delirium
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to I don't think Bush was a bad Pres. 2012-10-07 23:00:52 Reply

At 10/5/12 05:49 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: a natural disaster
At 10/5/12 03:17 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Hurricane Katrina

Bush told other countries that he didn't want them to help during hurricane Katrina. A good president who cares about people wouldn't do that, but Bush did.


You can't know what you don't know if you can only use yourself as a reference point.