leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-13 11:03:08 Reply

3. Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause

Yup none of that going on here at (NGS) forums.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-13 11:22:40 Reply

At 10/13/12 11:03 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: 3. Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause

Yup none of that going on here at (NGS) forums.

So the NG BBS is fascist? Either way, we haven't labelled any enemies or scapegoats here. Not liking someone who goe out of their way to deserve it is not how the Fascist governments do it. They pick an enemy to distract or occupy the people. In this case, we are still doing what we would be doing had you never shown up, debating politics amongts ourselves. You definitely aren't a scapegoat either as there is no problem on this board universal enough to make a single scapegoat.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-20 17:50:00 Reply

At 10/13/12 11:22 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
So the NG BBS is fascist?

Nope never said or implied that at all.

BBS Signature
JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-20 23:16:14 Reply

No country is exclusive to one category of government type. They all have bits and pieces of each type, therefore its more of a spectrum then black and white categories.

1. Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism

Patriotism and nationalism are common to many countries, regardless of the type of government they have. everyone wants to believe they live in the best country in the world.

2. Disdain for the importance of human rights

To say the US has a disdain for human rights would be an overstep. While they certainly have pushed the boundaries and crossed some lines in a few cases, overall I would not classify them as human rights abusers. That title should be reserved for the Syrias, North Koreas and Chinas of the world. We should not cheapen the title. If we keep calling people human rights abusers when they really aren't, we become the boy who cried wolf. So instead of crying wolf for every little thing, how about we save it for when it really matters so people will pay attention.

Nobody blames themselves for their problems. Everyone does it. You didn't get a promotion at work because jenny flirts with the boss, so she got it. You didn't get re-elected because of your opponents attack ads. You gambled all your money cause mommy didn't love you.

4. The supremacy of the military/avid militarism

Military keynesianism is very prevalent in the United States, there is no way to argue around that. Military spending was once used as a way to create jobs in the US. Unfortunately it has gotten so out of hand it is almost impossible to stop because so many jobs in so many geographical areas are at risk. They have become too big to fail.

5. A controlled mass media

To say the mass media in the US is controlled is once again a gross over statement. While some media organizations are friendly to the government and some are not, this does not make them controlled. Nor does the fact that a few rich people own most of them. A controlled mass media would mean one which the government has full control of their content. In the US this is obviously not the case. Partisan is not the same as controlled.

6. Obsession with national security

This is not something unique to facism in my opinion. Every country has an invested interest in their national security.

7. Religion and ruling elite tied together

The fact that people argue over the word God on money is not evidence religion and the ruling elite are tied together. The ruling elite can be religious and still be separate of the church. It is when the religious elite, those who hold high offices in the church also hold high office in the government that you can say they are tied together. They are merely in the case of the US, friends, but not in bed with eachother.

8. Power of corporations protected

Corporations do have power in the US, there is no doubt about that, but they also have power in Canada, and nearly every country in the world. Did you know under Canadian law a corporation is considered a person?

9. Power of labor suppressed or eliminated

The power of labour has been on the decline in many countries for several decades. Some might argue unions have outlived their need in most industries. With modern day labour laws regulating workplace safety, hours of work etc the need of unions to protect employees is over. Do I agree with that opinion, in some instances yes and in others no.

10. Obsession with crime and punishment

There is no getting around the fact the US has the largest prison population in the world. The biggest problem is the focus on punishment in the criminal justice system especially for drug users. While I think most Canadian criminal sentences are far too leinant, I also don't like the idea of locking up people for simple possession for long periods of time. A better strategy is more effort into rehabilitation for users.

11. Rampant cronyism and corruption

I think we have different definitions of rampant. While friends of elected officials often get jobs or preferential treatment in some cases there are still rules which have to be followed. I would consider it to be rampant cronyism and corruption if public officials always received kickbacks, if I could pay off police officers of other officials for favours.

Do you not ever do favours for your friends? I'm not sure where or if you work, but have you never done a favour for a friend?

12. Fraudulent elections

Gerrymandering of elections is not the same as fraudulent elections. While there will always be some degree of error when counting ballots, and sometimes that means an election result goes to court because its too close to call, well unfortunately that's the reality of polling millions of people at the same time. Is there going to be shoddy tactics used in campaigns, sure, but that is nothing unique to fascism or the US.

While some of these traits are present to some degree in the US, others are just wild accusations. I most certainly do not agree that the US is a fascist country, nor would I take seriously anyone who actually claims it to be so. While some authors may refer to it as fascist in book titles or documentary titles, it is mainly for effect. While some elements of US government and society may bear resemblance to fascism when examined independently of other things, when examined as a whole, anyone who would outright suggest the US is a fascist country all together has some other agenda or has fallen off their rocker.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature
Nylo
Nylo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-21 00:08:16 Reply

At 10/4/12 06:11 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: 13 points to identify that you may live in a Fascist Nation !

12. Fraudulent elections
13. Denial of any or all of the above

Your points are lack quantitative/objective examples. Saying that a nation "obsesses with national security" is such a subjective statement that it can easily be countered with an equally subjective statement (e.g. We don't over-value national security, you *undervalue* national security).

A better strategy would be to find specific examples where a widely-recognized fascist nation committed behavior X, and see if a modern nation committed something like (or exactly) behavior X, as well.

Chris Hedges and Noam Chomsky are pretty good at this, provided you can set any political biases you (and they) have aside.

I must lollerskate on this matter.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-28 19:19:20 Reply

At 10/21/12 12:08 AM, Nylo wrote:
At 10/4/12 06:11 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: 13 points to identify that you may live in a Fascist Nation !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxVdU2eVYSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVhhu5OjMf8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_bin_Laden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcsS6fi41hc

9/11 case in point

LOL do you really need people to spell it out for you.

Look on your currency.

Government is a corporation enough said.

Unions are being busted as wages are frozen more hours are worked for less money as debt rises along with the cost of living and record amounts of homeless and unemployed rise.

US has the largest prison population and Military/ised/Police force in the world this is not up for debate.

This is not up for debate

12. Fraudulent elections

Well the proof is in the pudding.

13. Denial of any or all of the above

Still stands true.

Your points are lack quantitative/objective examples.

Evidence is all around you however so is the propaganda machine that is shutting down you ability to see reality.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-29 13:14:54 Reply

At 10/28/12 07:19 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:

Some stupid bullcrap

The things you listed are not purely the tenants of a Fascist nation.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-29 13:23:29 Reply

At 10/29/12 01:14 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
Some stupid bullcrap

The things you listed are not purely the tenants of a Fascist nation.

Right then and the denial of your fascist nation continues. Denial and ignorance of the blatant facts on your part does not make the reality that you live in a Fascist nation go away. Also stop miss quoting me.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-30 19:05:01 Reply

At 10/29/12 01:23 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Right then and the denial of your fascist nation continues. Denial and ignorance of the blatant facts on your part does not make the reality that you live in a Fascist nation go away. Also stop miss quoting me.

Who denied anything?

If fascism was actually what you described, then yes, the US would be a fascist nation. Thing is, what you described is not common to fascist regimes overall :/

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-30 19:37:13 Reply

At 10/30/12 07:05 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 10/29/12 01:23 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Who denied anything?

If fascism was actually what you described, then yes, the US would be a fascist nation. Thing is, what you described is not common to fascist regimes overall :/

Fascism as defined by Webster Dictionary.

Fascism: a political philosophy, movement, or "regime" that exalts "nation" and often race above the individual and that stands for a "centralized autocratic government" headed by a "dictatorial leader" named Obamney, severe economic and social regimentation, and "forcible suppression of opposition" eg "The wars of Terror" ...

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-30 20:02:26 Reply

At 10/30/12 07:37 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Fascism as defined by Webster Dictionary.

Fascism: a political philosophy, movement, or "regime" that exalts "nation" and often race above the individual and that stands for a "centralized autocratic government" headed by a "dictatorial leader" named Obamney, severe economic and social regimentation, and "forcible suppression of opposition" eg "The wars of Terror" ...

That doesn't describe the US. I think you need to step back from your crazy sauce and look objectively.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-30 21:48:58 Reply

At 10/30/12 08:02 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 10/30/12 07:37 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Fascism as defined by Webster Dictionary.

That doesn't describe the US. I think you need to step back from your crazy sauce and look objectively.

LOL you are completely blind if you cant see that the US is Fascist. Saying the US is not text book Fascist is like saying water is not wet. As you can see all the boxes have been checked yes for Fascism in the US&A.

BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-30 22:38:56 Reply

At 10/30/12 09:48 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: LOL you are completely blind if you cant see that the US is Fascist. Saying the US is not text book Fascist is like saying water is not wet. As you can see all the boxes have been checked yes for Fascism in the US&A.

The Freedom Police are on their way to send you to a FEMA camp, quick run and don't log onto a computer ever again! Your dangerous ramblings of the truth has shaken the government to its core and now they're probably gonna come after me nowwwwww oih shittt help me!!!!!!!!!!RGDSFds

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-30 23:41:24 Reply

At 10/30/12 10:38 PM, Warforger wrote:
At 10/30/12 09:48 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: LOL you are completely blind if you cant see that the US is Fascist. Saying the US is not text book Fascist is like saying water is not wet. As you can see all the boxes have been checked yes for Fascism in the US&A.
The Freedom Police are on their way to send you to a FEMA camp, quick run and don't log onto a computer ever again! Your dangerous ramblings of the truth has shaken the government to its core and now they're probably gonna come after me nowwwwww oih shittt help me!!!!!!!!!!RGDSFds

It always makes me chuckle that when some people speak the truth like myself it makes many people upset, scared, uneasy, defensive, etc ... But then if you talk about nonsense arbitrary, inane topics such as "economic reform", voting, "end the fed", Obamneys Birth Cert, Abortion, and gay marriage etc ... Then people think you are on point LOL. I am all about identifying the root cause of today's worldly problems and not about putting a band aid on the surface wound to temporarily fix permanent problems so to speak AKA painting a sinking ship. Voting will never fix problems as voting is part of the problem not the solution and the sad thing is many people trust this system we live in and they trust it so much that some would even die for it tooth and nail. In the end the slaves will beg for there slavery.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-31 01:55:20 Reply

OK, I want a full paragraph (no sources, I'm not going to read some extremely biased shit with n credibility because you're too lazy to articulate your own point) on EACH of your thirteen points stating how the US fits each catergory AND how the US fits the categories more than any other developed nation (see Canada).

Show me how blind I am.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-31 09:51:45 Reply

Well I guess we're safe since neither candidate is named Obamney! Now we should either hunt down everyone named 'Obamney' and either shoot them or force them to change their name.

Afterall, if it's in Webster's Dictionary...then obviously it's gospel truth!

All those years in school...I didn't need those govt/poli sci text books! All I need was a Dictionary! Damn LL1, do you know how much money you could've saved me!

Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-31 16:57:38 Reply

At 10/31/12 09:51 AM, TheMason wrote:

Well I guess we're safe since neither candidate is named Obamney! Now we should either hunt down everyone named 'Obamney' and either shoot them or force them to change their name.

Afterall, if it's in Webster's Dictionary...then obviously it's gospel truth!

All those years in school...I didn't need those govt/poli sci text books! All I need was a Dictionary! Damn LL1, do you know how much money you could've saved me!

All that schooling and your still blind. Clearly you did not catch onto the subtle Indoctrination that is included in American Educational institutions by design. You can't fix stupid and yes there are many dumb people that went to school.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-31 17:06:47 Reply

At 10/31/12 01:55 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
OK, I want a full paragraph (no sources, I'm not going to read some extremely biased shit with n credibility because you're too lazy to articulate your own point) on EACH of your thirteen points stating how the US fits each catergory AND how the US fits the categories more than any other developed nation (see Canada).

How many Military bases around the world are American and how many bases do every other country in the world have out side of there homeland ? The US does not need Military bases in over 130 countries in the world so my question to you is how is avid Militarism not tantamount to Fascism 101 ?

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-31 17:55:19 Reply

At 10/31/12 01:55 AM, Camarohusky wrote: Show me how blind I am.

;;;;
This guy explains it better than most.
http://www.examiner.com/article/american-fascism-by-politica l-definition-the-us-is-now-fascist-not-a-constitutional-repu blic

But he tends to rant & takes a long time to get to his point(s)

This one is from someone who lived in a openly declared Facist state & now lives in the US & can compare them...I like this one, but CamaroH will just shoot it down aspersonal opinion & so therefore irrelevant (I don't agree)
http://gonzalolira.blogspot.ca/2010/06/is-us-fascist-police-
state.html

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-31 19:13:45 Reply

At 10/31/12 05:06 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: How many Military bases around the world are American and how many bases do every other country in the world have out side of there homeland ? The US does not need Military bases in over 130 countries in the world so my question to you is how is avid Militarism not tantamount to Fascism 101 ?

Hmm, so instead of 13 paragraphs, I get 2 questions? Not even willing to back up your own assertions or is the realization sinking in that you cannot back them up?

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-31 19:18:20 Reply

At 10/31/12 05:55 PM, morefngdbs wrote: This guy explains it better than most.

Being warlike isn't fascism.

This one is from someone who lived in a openly declared Facist state & now lives in the US & can compare them...

Shallow article from someone who doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'fungible'.

EVEN IF both of the articles were dead on true that does not amount to fascism. Being warlike and being a little rough to ensure the entities that have declared open war on the US don't get free help in their war against the US from American people is not fascism.

Being warlike is only ONE facet of fascism.

Try harder Canada. Canada is known for being polite and wimpy, but stupid? No. Stop trying to change that. Both of you.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-31 19:31:02 Reply

At 10/31/12 05:55 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
This guy explains it better than most.
http://www.examiner.com/article/american-fascism-by-politica l-definition-the-us-is-now-fascist-not-a-constitutional-repu blic

ra.blogspot.ca/2010/06/is-us-fascist-police-

state.html

That first article you posted was top notch.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-31 19:35:41 Reply

At 10/31/12 07:13 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
Hmm, so instead of 13 paragraphs, I get 2 questions? Not even willing to back up your own assertions or is the realization sinking in that you cannot back them up?

Read the first article member "morefngdbs" posted as it is right on point. I don't have to prove anything to you especially when it is so clear as day so lets stop making this about me please and lets move forward.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-31 19:41:37 Reply

At 10/31/12 07:18 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Being warlike isn't fascism.

Correct as it is just one part of fascism and debatabley the absolute worse part of it to boot.

BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-31 22:47:01 Reply

At 10/21/12 12:08 AM, Nylo wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxVdU2eVYSg

Osama was killed back in 2011, while it's been brought up you have to reference continuing expressions.

What does 9/11 have to do with human rights in the US?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_bin_Laden

That's not a scapegoat. For one he's blamed for terrorist attacks, he hasn't been blamed for the deficit unemployment or anything else. This isn't scapegoating at all this is just identifying a murderer to the murder. Scapegoating would be then blaming that same murderer on the rape of a woman, a declining business or billy's bad test scores. You could somehow weasle your way into blaming that on him, but no one is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcsS6fi41hc

Yet it isn't. The President would be immediately crushed if he shows up to work everyday dressed as a general and if there's one thing you're seeing is an increasing amount of people in politics who've never fought a war.

9/11 case in point

Ok I'm not going to make any logical conclusions because you'll just deny them, what exactly do you mean?

LOL do you really need people to spell it out for you.

That's not Fascism. That's something that can be attributed to every nation on earth at some point in history.

Government is a corporation enough said.

I've made the argument in the past that there isn't much difference between a government and a company other than a government is the most dominant company. After all you do pay for services through taxes, they do provide schooling security, research etc. But that's a whole different story.

Unions are being busted as wages are frozen more hours are worked for less money

This has nothing to do with the power of labor being suppressed. Unions provide them with a voice, this is them merely complying with necessary woes.

as debt rises along with the cost of living and record amounts of homeless and unemployed rise.

Record debt yes, cost of living would probably decrease in a recession and homelessness and unemployment is nowhere near a record.

US has the largest prison population and Military/ised/Police force in the world this is not up for debate.

Yah you're right for once.

12. Fraudulent elections
Well the proof is in the pudding.

That someone you don't agree with gets elected.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-31 23:52:08 Reply

At 10/31/12 10:47 PM, Warforger wrote:
13 points to identify that you may live in a Fascist Nation !
Osama was killed back in 2011, while it's been brought up you have to reference continuing expressions.

What does 9/11 have to do with human rights in the US?

Based just on your supreme level of arrogance and ignorance I will just reserve the right to ignore you :-)

BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-10-31 23:55:29 Reply

At 10/31/12 11:52 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Based just on your supreme level of arrogance and ignorance I will just reserve the right to ignore you :-)

Right, the guy who spouts insanity, claims it as truth and whose rebuttals consist of dodging the issue, insulting the debate opponent and having absolutely no source to back up anything he's saying is telling me that I operate on a supreme level of arrogance and ignorance.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-11-01 00:18:17 Reply

At 10/20/12 11:16 PM, JoS wrote:

Now That you have aimlessly mucked up my thread let me gently and respectfully try and correct it back on point to the original intended topic. I must thank you for effectively forcing me to actually use my brain as many times in these forums any forum for that matter are filled predominately with children that inhabit and enable simple and highly indoctrinated superficial mind sets. Once again I wish to debate Politics/Semantics in a civil and intelligent manor no useless ad hominum attacks will be used on my end so with that being said lets move forward :-) Also my apologies for my punctuation as I am a Welder by trade not an English scholar thank you :-)

Patriotism and nationalism are common to many countries, regardless of the type of government they have. everyone wants to believe they live in the best country in the world.

We are not talking about say for example Brazil here which is typically a very predominately nationalistic society. I am also not debating which country is more nationalistic than the next or what type of governments they supposedly exalt.

To say the US has a disdain for human rights would be an overstep. While they certainly have pushed the boundaries and crossed some lines in a few cases, overall I would not classify them as human rights abusers. That title should be reserved for the Syrias, North Koreas and Chinas of the world. We should not cheapen the title. If we keep calling people human rights abusers when they really aren't, we become the boy who cried wolf. So instead of crying wolf for every little thing, how about we save it for when it really matters so people will pay attention.

If you consider things such as how many wars, Military/Police spending, personal & national debt, the level of poverty, drug abuses prescription or otherwise, the level of national health issues & obesity, Crime, Incarceration rate, etc ... These points previously denoted are all disdain for human rights and as well they are indicative of a failed educational system as a society is only as solid as it's base educational system and the supported and rewarded psychologies.

Nobody blames themselves for their problems. Everyone does it. You didn't get a promotion at work because jenny flirts with the boss, so she got it. You didn't get re-elected because of your opponents attack ads. You gambled all your money cause mommy didn't love you.

"Passing the buck does not make the guilty party/aggressor any less innocent or just. 9/11 ...."

Military keynesianism is very prevalent in the United States, there is no way to argue around that. Military spending was once used as a way to create jobs in the US. Unfortunately it has gotten so out of hand it is almost impossible to stop because so many jobs in so many geographical areas are at risk. They have become too big to fail.

Sounds like an ego sentiment to me but none the less being employed in the business of killing people for profit directly or indirectly is fucking sick and insane and I feel for the simple minded that get stuck in that realm.

To say the mass media in the US is controlled is once again a gross over statement. While some media organizations are friendly to the government and some are not, this does not make them controlled. Nor does the fact that a few rich people own most of them. A controlled mass media would mean one which the government has full control of their content. In the US this is obviously not the case. Partisan is not the same as controlled.

The government has no control over anything nor does the media as both entities are owned by the same money and forces of oppression so you must see the collusion here.

This is not something unique to facism in my opinion. Every country has an invested interest in their national security.

Your entitled to your opinion but that fact remains some countries are obsessed with national security while others just do what is necessary to maintain an even keel. You can consider how much each country spends on so called "National security" to understand which ones are obsessed with national security and which ones are just maintaining neutral peace.

The fact that people argue over the word God on money is not evidence religion and the ruling elite are tied together. The ruling elite can be religious and still be separate of the church. It is when the religious elite, those who hold high offices in the church also hold high office in the government that you can say they are tied together. They are merely in the case of the US, friends, but not in bed with eachother.

How much is the church worth again LOL ?

Corporations do have power in the US, there is no doubt about that, but they also have power in Canada, and nearly every country in the world. Did you know under Canadian law a corporation is considered a person?

Funny how some countries were able to put others into a recession with millions of jobs lost. I don't know why you bring up Canada as most if not all of the previously big Canadian owned Corps are now owned by the US in fact Canada is predominately a carbon copy of US as far as most things go.

The power of labour has been on the decline in many countries for several decades. Some might argue unions have outlived their need in most industries. With modern day labour laws regulating workplace safety, hours of work etc the need of unions to protect employees is over. Do I agree with that opinion, in some instances yes and in others no.

Seems like a matter of opinion but all I know is a common tradesmen has at leased 30 years slavery on his head.

There is no getting around the fact the US has the largest prison population in the world. The biggest problem is the focus on punishment in the criminal justice system especially for drug users. While I think most Canadian criminal sentences are far too leinant, I also don't like the idea of locking up people for simple possession for long periods of time. A better strategy is more effort into rehabilitation for users.

Consider the root cause not the effect I agree.

I think we have different definitions of rampant. While friends of elected officials often get jobs or preferential treatment in some cases there are still rules which have to be followed. I would consider it to be rampant cronyism and corruption if public officials always received kickbacks, if I could pay off police officers of other officials for favours.
Do you not ever do favours for your friends? I'm not sure where or if you work, but have you never done a favour for a friend?
Well that I would say is to sugar coat it.
12. Fraudulent elections
Gerrymandering of elections is not the same as fraudulent elections. While there will always be some degree of error when counting ballots, and sometimes that means an election result goes to court because its too close to call, well unfortunately that's the reality of polling millions of people at the same time. Is there going to be shoddy tactics used in campaigns, sure, but that is nothing unique to fascism or the US.

100+ years of rampant cronyism and economic slavery of the masses and all I here is you trying to mitigate and sugar coat one of the largest tyrants since Hitlers empire. I have no available characters left to write anymore but I must ask you to be a bit more vigilant in you dealings with the world in the future.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-11-01 00:26:43 Reply

At 10/31/12 11:55 PM, Warforger wrote:
At 10/31/12 11:52 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Based just on your supreme level of arrogance and ignorance I will just reserve the right to ignore you :-)
Right

I didn't even read your post :-)

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to 13 key signifiers of Fascism. 2012-11-01 10:14:38 Reply

At 10/31/12 07:18 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 10/31/12 05:55 PM, morefngdbs wrote:
Being warlike isn't fascism.

One branch of your Executive over riding your Constitution to declare war is an aspect of Facism
A government bought & paid for by big business interests is a big part of Facism
A government that protects a banking Cartel to the detriment of the the people it has been elected to serve is Facism plain & fuckin' simply Facism & denial doesn't change that.

EVEN IF both of the articles were dead on true that does not amount to fascism. Being warlike and being a little rough to ensure the entities that have declared open war on the US don't get free help in their war against the US from American people is not fascism.

;;;;
What war ?

Who has declared war on the USA ?

Better yet who has the USA declared war on ?

IS it Iraq ?
Afghanistan, have they declared war ?
is it North Korea ?
Have the Chinese declared war ? Have you ?

No the USA has declared war on Terrorism ?
WHich is a totally bullshit abstract construct that can mean ( and is being revised to be anyone, anywhere, for any reason deemed by the state to be a threat ) AKA Facism.

The USA has declared war on Poverty.
Why are you not killing those people & or locking them up ?
You Americans pretend all is rosy, yet you have a war on the poor & because of the Gov's embarassment of the bread lines of the dirty 30's your government has managed to hide the breadlines today
Here is a link to a modern USA breadline, happening monthly right beneath your nose & you aren't even aware CamaroH except for those suffering through it, very few Americans are & the Politicians want to keep it that way
IMO it is either an attempt to hide the truth, or an attempt to hide the fact the rosy economic picture they are attempting to paint doesn't get any true economic facts in the way !

http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-food-stamp-n ation-what-a-modern-day-bread-line-looks-like-infographic-.a spx?article=4106002378G10020&redirect=false&contributor=Mac+
Slavo

The USA has declared a war on drugs .... not all drugs just those deemed to be a danger,wouldn't want to endanger the pill popping profits of the US Drug Companies & we can all see just how well that 100 + year battle has been going.
You are losing & losing badly, with the highest incarceration rate in the entire world. Even with some countries having 4 times your population your prison population out numbers there's in a direct 1-1 comparison !
Well I definately breathe easier knowing a quarter million pot heads aren't out there on the streets smoking pot & getting the muchies !

Let us not for get your Iraq invasion to save the world from weapons of mass destruction ... I sleep so much better at night knowing all those dangerous weapons have been rendered harmless .... speaking of mass destructive weapons, how is you program of nuclear arms reduction going ... I've read some disturbing articles saying the USA isn't in compliance with their own promises !?!
I know everything is better now that Kaddafy is gone, I'm glad that after 40 years you finally managed to take him out .... it was a long war, but you fought the good fight L M F A O ....sorry couldn't help it its too funny even when you type it.... I can't actually say it, It always makes me break out laughing.

Let's not forget about your ware in Afghanistan, where you are getting your asses kicked by a bunch of goat farmers & poppy growers , people who were originally trianed & equiped by the USA , its really quite sad how an out numbered , out gunned, technologically disadvantaged misfits who couldn't get to the USA even if they tried are a huge show of force to your war on terrorists ....& you created them !

Seems to me CamaroH even when you are shown direct evidence of the problems discussed your tighten up the horse blinders you wear, drape yourself in the flag (making sure of course that the access to your anal passage is not blocked so yer Government can fuck you up the ass, tell you its a healthy & necessary enema to protect you & keep you safe , not an intrusive violation of your rights) ....& you promptly go out & tell everyone you can find about what a great thing it is.

You may want to talk to a professional about delusions like that man .... could be your meds need adjustment .

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More