New Topic Respond to this Topic
Artist-Lost
Artist-Lost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Shadow Legacy: War Stories Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 05:23 PM Reply

I've been working on putting together a book so that people can finally understand what I'm drawing when I site Shadow Legacy as the source material. It's my original story I've just been working on for ages. So anyhow I wanted to see what people would think of between the writing style and the concept so I've decided to post the first chapter here on Newgrounds.

So here we go, I'm going to try this out.
Please don't post until after the "chapter complete" post.

BBS Signature
Artist-Lost
Artist-Lost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Shadow Legacy: War Stories Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 05:42 PM Reply

Due to an Error message stating Fully Quoted Text I posted it on the DumpingGrounds for download
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/download/68d4e7c7bd2ad893aaaf 2c0744c13c23

BBS Signature
Artist-Lost
Artist-Lost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Shadow Legacy: War Stories Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 05:49 PM Reply

Since the posting style was changed, the entire chapter is posted so please feel free to comment. For those of you who downloaded within the first 2-3 minutes you may have received an extra 50 some odd pages of a previous draft that was written in 3rd person which will be changed dramatically in the rewrite.

BBS Signature
Kostou
Kostou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Shadow Legacy: War Stories Oct. 5th, 2012 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 05:49 PM, Artist-Lost wrote: Since the posting style was changed, the entire chapter is posted so please feel free to comment. For those of you who downloaded within the first 2-3 minutes you may have received an extra 50 some odd pages of a previous draft that was written in 3rd person which will be changed dramatically in the rewrite.

One thing i noticed is you really lay the history on pretty thick right away. It's also very psychoanalytical, in the sense that you focus on this soldier's thoughts a lot. I want to read what others think so I wont "color the waters."

But, not sure if you care about the paper as far as editing ( i realize it can be annoying if ppl focus on grammar) but I did see quite a few errors as I read it that would need to be fixed if you were to publish this seriously.

anyway, I'd like to read more. btw, I'm not sure if the first person approach works for me also.