ComoW
ComoW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Game Scavenger Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 12:34 PM Reply

Ayoo newgrounds,

So I got this basic engine done and I'm up for a great project since I have lotsa time for the next few months. I'm very motivated at what I do so the game will be done as soon as possible, that's for sure.

Now the idea of the game is to make an online game in a deserted city and make the 10 players(who do barely see each other because it is stealth-like) run around the map searching for loot(loot it scattered at random places and the value of each object is different from another). Imagine the map to be a bit like this, a sewer and 3 office buildings with each 5/6 floors. The players are suppose to find as much value in objects as possible before the time runs out. They can kill each other while doing so and the killed Scavenger will have to wait for 10 seconds before he can start over again.
You drop half the stored money on death which another player can pick up.

Well what I need is someone who can do very fine pixelart(it's very quite small also, charachters 32*32), both animated and backgrounds. He has to be very motivated like I am and a cool guy (such as l am). I think the estimated deadline will be in, lets say, 1/2 years. It's a very very big project and I'm hoping on finally making money out of a game.

Payment is also very simple, I start this project because I think it could be a good investment- that's what the artist is suppose to think too. I think the work is fairly well balanced and therefore the profit share will be 50%/50%.

Interested? Please mail me with some examples of your work!
(Remember this is a very big project and not some casual fun-thingy)

Mownkey
Mownkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Game Scavenger Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 12:44 PM Reply

Hmmm... But you still can't guarantee that your game will make profit and that the payments will be satisfying?

mchamberlin
mchamberlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Game Scavenger Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 12:49 PM Reply

Hey man I'm not an artist, but that sounds like a pretty cool game, I'd definitely play something like that. An interesting take on the online shooter, sorta reminds me of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's gameplay.

If you're even in need of some orchestral music for this, I could help you out.

ComoW
ComoW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Game Scavenger Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 01:03 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 12:44 PM, Mownkey wrote: Hmmm... But you still can't guarantee that your game will make profit and that the payments will be satisfying?

This is true, but payment should not be your only motivation.

The fact that you've made something that other's can enjoy(I really mean this) should be a good reason to do it aswell. And hey, a 50% share is very very fair.

Mownkey
Mownkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Game Scavenger Oct. 5th, 2012 @ 09:51 AM Reply

At 10/4/12 01:03 PM, ComoW wrote: And hey, a 50% share is very very fair.

Yes it is.

ComoW
ComoW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Game Scavenger Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 10:50 AM Reply

Bump