New Topic Respond to this Topic
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 11:38 AM Reply

I'm making this thread in regards practicing correct anatomy, with the attempt to instill the belief that practice makes perfect (or at least slightly better.) This is going to be different than my Art Thread in which there I'm trying to become an all around "better artist," here I want to practice dynamic angles and correct anatomy. Maybe a few other users may learn a thing or two with me as well.

So feel free to throw out an idea, and I'll hammer it out as best I can and feel free to tell me what's wrong or how it can be improved.

P.s I should also mention that if anyone else wishes to attempt any requests they are more than free too.

My current level of poses in variety as seen in my art thread

Dynamic Pose Thread

3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
bigCman321
bigCman321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 01:23 PM Reply

How about making it a thread where anyone can try to practice dynamic poses. That and anatomy are my biggest weak points.

Also more people will post in the thread.

123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 02:18 PM Reply

DID I DO IT RIGHT!?
(I sooo suck...)

Dynamic Pose Thread

| HaDouKeN!!! >:D | Is there no end to this!!! :3 | Whirlwind Punch! >:3 | Dapper! :D | I'm here to fail! x3 |

BBS Signature
Kostou
Kostou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 02:53 PM Reply

hey, i think it's wonderful that you are studying anatomy. This is such a FUNDAMENTAL part of drawing that many people overlook.

In fact, it's so fundamental that i think i'm going to begin an anatomy study too and post on my forum. Heck, every artist on NG should be doing anatomy studies like this :D

I hope you have an even more fruitful anatomy session next time!

Cheers!

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 03:27 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 01:23 PM, bigCman321 wrote: How about making it a thread where anyone can try to practice dynamic poses. That and anatomy are my biggest weak points.

Also more people will post in the thread.

If I could revise my words I would, but anyone is free to submit there best effort so people can become "better."

So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 03:34 PM Reply

Hurray anatomy!
Hurray dynamic stuff!

Well, I was thinking about how you could maybe try drawing the different stages of someone salto-ing off a diving board, but that's more pure action. It's always an option though, and kinda fun.

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 03:34 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 02:18 PM, 123mine123 wrote: DID I DO IT RIGHT!?
(I sooo suck...)

Don't ever say you suck!

To be honest at first I thought you were being sarcastic with your post, but the I looked at your work. Listen anyone can learn to create a mannequin that looks like this, it then takes experience to make it great.

Dynamic Pose Thread

BBS Signature
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 03:46 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 03:34 PM, Morthagg wrote: Hurray anatomy!
Hurray dynamic stuff!

Well, I was thinking about how you could maybe try drawing the different stages of someone salto-ing off a diving board, but that's more pure action. It's always an option though, and kinda fun.

Not sure if this is what you wanted so I went from memory and drew a story board

Dynamic Pose Thread

BBS Signature
Kostou
Kostou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 04:07 PM Reply

these drawings are great practice. I can tell you are putting time and effort into them. I'm gonna keep checking in and out.

So the anatomy discussion is diving right now??

Well let's see some diving anatomy!!!!!!!!!

Dynamic Pose Thread

Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 04:16 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 03:46 PM, Absinthe wrote:
Not sure if this is what you wanted so I went from memory and drew a story board

That was fast :D and yup, that was about what I had in mind. Although this is a dive, not a somersault :p
just a couple thoughts: in the first image, the person walks with both left leg and arm outstretched. They are always supposed to be opposites when walking, left leg-right arm, right leg-left arm. Also, if you squat down yourself before a jump, you'll notice your arms are probably elbows-up and hands behind back or at your sides, instead of huddled in front.
Last, if you dive without wanting to get brain-damage, you'll probably stretch out your arms in front of you :D

Something I also noticed is that your backs are always relatively straight in your drawings. Don't be afraid to bend your bodies! It makes them way more dynamic.
I uh.. drew you a tiny little ready-to-jump-man to illustrate. Maybe some of it helps.
But anyway, you draw this without reference and very quickly, so it's okay practice. Jumps are fun, in my opinion.

Dynamic Pose Thread

Kostou
Kostou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 04:32 PM Reply

wow, that is pretty in depth.

Let me offer some insight on a twirling dive.

Dynamic Pose Thread

Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 04:32 PM, Kostou wrote: wow, that is pretty in depth.

Well, all I can say about that is that it's a better tutorial-esque thing than I could ever make. Genitals should never be rigid, it disrupts the cosmic balance. Very insightful indeed, dang, I should have thought of that.

Kostou
Kostou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 05:13 PM, Morthagg wrote:
At 10/4/12 04:32 PM, Kostou wrote: wow, that is pretty in depth.

Well, all I can say about that is that it's a better tutorial-esque thing than I could ever make. Genitals should never be rigid, it disrupts the cosmic balance. Very insightful indeed, dang, I should have thought of that.

Hey, newgrounds seriously needs more artists sharing their insight on how to come at different challenges. I actually am finding what I'm reading on here interesting and helpful!

Please more posts!

Nova-Solstice
Nova-Solstice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 08:08 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 04:32 PM, Kostou wrote:
wow, that is pretty in depth.

nothing like being a cooperative asshole eh?
"stop being an ass"
"haha, im just contributing to the thread, youre misinterpretting"
"oh..."

im surprised you havent directly used a trollface.jpg... (i say indirectly since your faces do look a bit... like... trying to be funny in a somewhat negative means)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kostou
Kostou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 08:12 PM Reply

what is a nova solstice? Where a nova stands still?

test-object
test-object
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 08:41 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 08:12 PM, Kostou wrote: what is a nova solstice? Where a nova stands still?

Take it outside, ladies, this is a thread about realistic, dynamic poses, not your mom's opera soap.
Kostou, your drawings are out of place here in that regard. Maybe they were meant as a small joke, but it seemed more dickish than you probably intended.

Morthagg's advice on the other hand is kickass, although I do think the legs seem rather short, as the thigh and shin don't seem to match in height.

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
Kostou
Kostou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 09:31 PM Reply

Why, that dive is the best advice I've ever seen on any art thread. Just analyze those genitals. You sir are the dick.

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 09:59 PM Reply

1st page and there's already an issue, anyway since no one wants to present a unique idea I'll be the first to get the creative juices flowing.

Let's all practice the literal "breaking" of human anatomy. I'm practicing the breaking of an arm.

Dynamic Pose Thread

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 10:35 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 03:34 PM, Absinthe wrote:
At 10/4/12 02:18 PM, 123mine123 wrote: DID I DO IT RIGHT!?
(I sooo suck...)
Don't ever say you suck!

To be honest at first I thought you were being sarcastic with your post, but the I looked at your work. Listen anyone can learn to create a mannequin that looks like this, it then takes experience to make it great.

Haha! I started being serious at 1st, and realize how hard it is, so me ending up not know what the heck im doing.
OMG, you did it so well, I really can do better on paper and bencil but not that good.
I could really learn a lot from this thread! You're AWESOME!

| HaDouKeN!!! >:D | Is there no end to this!!! :3 | Whirlwind Punch! >:3 | Dapper! :D | I'm here to fail! x3 |

BBS Signature
Nova-Solstice
Nova-Solstice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 11:43 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 08:12 PM, Kostou wrote: what is a nova solstice? Where a nova stands still?

Nova: A star that suddenly becomes much brighter and then gradually returns to its original brightness over a period of weeks to years.

Solstice: Either of two times of the year when the sun is at its greatest distance from the celestial equator.

if i had to define it, it'd be a nova close to the celestial equator or very far away

EITHER WAY... when i made the name i made it because i like the two words and they're nice together

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kostou
Kostou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 11:58 PM Reply

Nova: A star that suddenly becomes much brighter and then gradually returns to its original brightness over a period of weeks to years.

Solstice: Either of two times of the year when the sun is at its greatest distance from the celestial equator.

if i had to define it, it'd be a nova close to the celestial equator or very far away

EITHER WAY... when i made the name i made it because i like the two words and they're nice together

ya, it actually is a cool name... i guess i just remember being taught a long time ago that solstice in greek or latin means ( sun stands still....i'm too lazy to google it) and i've always thought of nova as how you just defined it....that's why i asked if it meant a nova standing still.....anyway thanks for defining it for me :D

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Dynamic Pose Thread Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 02:55 PM Reply

I would actually like more participation to fix up the core issue of anatomy so I made this a few days ago.

Dynamic Pose Thread

BBS Signature