New Topic Respond to this Topic
MrTaquito
MrTaquito
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Help! What's with this error? Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 05:59 AM Reply

So I am trying to upload the final version of my song, Pain and Sorrow. I deleted the old version, because it was only an instrumental, but when I try to upload the new version with vocals, it keeps telling me there's an error and it won't let me upload it.

The error reads: ERROR âEU" The file you are publishing appears to be a copy of "Mnemonic - Pain & Sorrow by JulesGatz"

So... what, it's a copy of a song I just deleted? Someone help because I have absolutely no idea what's going on. :/

MrTaquito
MrTaquito
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Help! What's with this error? Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 06:03 AM Reply

Never mind, I just fixed it. :s

durr durr lets look at the idiot

Help! What's with this error?

MrTaquito
MrTaquito
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Help! What's with this error? Nov. 26th, 2012 @ 04:55 AM Reply

I am having the same problem with another song, Sludge Hammer.

Again, it says "The file you are publishing appears to be a copy of "Mnemonic - Sludge Hammer by JulesGatz"", which makes no sense because I deleted the original version and I am trying to re-upload the remastered/remixed version of the song. I have no idea why, or how it would be a copy of a song that doesn't exist anymore.

Anybody know why this keeps occurring?

TerraNation
TerraNation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Help! What's with this error? Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 04:52 AM Reply

Is this a bug or something?

I did the remix, and was no problem at load up but when I would replace the file because I made some changes which happened absolute nothing.

Yeah thought okay then do I delete the song and upload again!. This time a message Error The file you are publishing Appears to be a copy of "Same Song"
But it's just not there and I have deleted the file or?

Latest track :
Universe Anthem

Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Help! What's with this error? Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 05:04 AM Reply

I'm just going to guess that newgrounds is doing a hash of the audio file, and then not deleting said hash after the file itself is deleted, so you can't upload the same file twice because it will always produce a hit in the hash database. Some people have simply changed the file name and had it work. Chopping of an infinitesimal amount of the song at the end will also work. Heck changing the ID3 tags would probably work.