New Topic Respond to this Topic
mchamberlin
mchamberlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 3rd, 2012 @ 07:45 PM Reply

Note: I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Audio or Collab forums, but I decided Audio since most of this involves JUST audio (voices and music, with the exception being writing)

So for a while now I've been trying to find people in my school who'd be interested in doing a podcast with me, but very few people even know what that is (I know right?) and fewer still want to help. So since I'm back on NG I thought I'd see if anyone here would like to work with me on a podcast series?

As far as details, I'd like to try an audio show, something where we could develop a storyline and get the whole "package" (voice acting, writing, music). I have a few plot ideas, but nothing too specific or set in stone. I'm decent at writing, but if anyone thinks they are a great writer I'd be happy to defer to your abilities. I can handle music (but maybe we can have 2 composers who specialize in two different genres?), and I can voice act pretty well, as long as it's not a really "exaggerated" voice, like a boy or something extremely "cartoonish". But more on that later, as I'm assuming people want to join up with me.

So.....do you want to join up with me?

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:07 PM Reply

Good luck with that. :)
I tried to do something similar but it turns out that it's very difficult to get off the ground - people have trouble committing to projects and in the end it's just a big mess. I'm a composer too, and I have experience in voice acting and writing too. Hehe

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
mchamberlin
mchamberlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:14 PM Reply

At 10/3/12 08:07 PM, MetalRenard wrote: Good luck with that. :)
I tried to do something similar but it turns out that it's very difficult to get off the ground - people have trouble committing to projects and in the end it's just a big mess. I'm a composer too, and I have experience in voice acting and writing too. Hehe

Well hopefully I have better luck. If I do find a team you're welcome to join....unless that was your way of saying you're interested? :P

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:19 PM Reply

At 10/3/12 07:45 PM, mchamberlin wrote: So for a while now I've been trying to find people in my school who'd be interested in doing a podcast with me, but very few people even know what that is (I know right?) and fewer still want to help. So since I'm back on NG I thought I'd see if anyone here would like to work with me on a podcast series?

I wouldn't mind helping out with something like this. However, as I've never done any sort of podcast before, I'm not sure what I would be doing.

As far as details, I'd like to try an audio show, something where we could develop a storyline and get the whole "package" (voice acting, writing, music). I have a few plot ideas, but nothing too specific or set in stone. I'm decent at writing, but if anyone thinks they are a great writer I'd be happy to defer to your abilities. I can handle music (but maybe we can have 2 composers who specialize in two different genres?), and I can voice act pretty well, as long as it's not a really "exaggerated" voice, like a boy or something extremely "cartoonish". But more on that later, as I'm assuming people want to join up with me.

I'm not a voice actor... and probably will never be lol. I am a writer (graduated with a BA in English, so that should speak for itself), and I'm also am an aspiring music artist as well. Once again, as a writer, you would need to let me know what you would want written for you.

So.....do you want to join up with me?

Sure, just let me know what you need, and I won't mind :).

mchamberlin
mchamberlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:23 PM Reply

At 10/3/12 08:19 PM, zelazon wrote: Sure, just let me know what you need, and I won't mind :).

Awesome. I'll let you know more if I get a little more interest, maybe two or three other people to do voices.

I guess maybe once I find enough people that want to try this, we should all chat on some IM or another or email (or whatever works) and discuss what our interests are genre wise. I for one am a fan of horror and sci-fi, so anything like that would be cool to do, but I'm sure you and anyone else who wants to join has their own ideas as well. We could find something that works for all of us, and then maybe come up with a basic story line that you could then work on. But again, that's later. If anyone else is interested please let me know, don't be shy :P

mchamberlin
mchamberlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:30 PM Reply

I should also mention; not to sound arrogant, but to anyone who's interested please have a modest amount of skill at what you do. I'd like to make something of quality that we can all be proud of, but if you're say a voice actor who has an extremely poor quality mic, that would be hard to do. So please keep this in mind when you give what your primary role is, thanks!

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:32 PM Reply

Well it was more a "share my experience" kind of post but if you decide you need an extra voice at some point then let me know. I'm English (news reader neutral accent) and pretty well spoken with a mid-ranged tone.
Here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28025798/MetalRenard%20Angry.mp3
That kind of shows of my accent and natural speech octave or whatever. Plus shows a little acting. ^^

As I said, I won't be able to commit to anything but reading a script for one of the characters/narrator. I'm happy to lend my voice.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
mchamberlin
mchamberlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 09:35 AM Reply

At 10/3/12 10:32 PM, MetalRenard wrote: As I said, I won't be able to commit to anything but reading a script for one of the characters/narrator. I'm happy to lend my voice.

Thanks. I'll give this maybe a day or two more, and then we can all start to think about what we want to try. Just an FYI, at the moment we have 2 writers (sorta 3 if you count me) 3 voice actors, and 2 musicians. I'd probably like a few more voice actors if possible, that way we can incorporate more characters if needed, and then we'll have more variety in voice type.

JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 05:11 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 09:35 AM, mchamberlin wrote:
At 10/3/12 10:32 PM, MetalRenard wrote: As I said, I won't be able to commit to anything but reading a script for one of the characters/narrator. I'm happy to lend my voice.
Thanks. I'll give this maybe a day or two more, and then we can all start to think about what we want to try. Just an FYI, at the moment we have 2 writers (sorta 3 if you count me) 3 voice actors, and 2 musicians. I'd probably like a few more voice actors if possible, that way we can incorporate more characters if needed, and then we'll have more variety in voice type.

Are you talking like a radioplay type thing? Either way, keep me in mind. At the moment, I'm indisposed due to some life changing events, but if you're still in need when everything is all settled, let me know. I've actually got a network of several podcasts so maybe we could work something out.

Like Let's Plays? Click Down Below... *Winky Face*

BBS Signature
ecopper12
ecopper12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 6th, 2012 @ 05:39 PM Reply

I could definitely help! It sounds like a good idea, and I could get into it.

I could write AND voice act, really.

Sounds fun!

Terzom
Terzom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 02:36 PM Reply

Yeah this sounds like much fun!

Well the worst thing with me it that I live in sweden so it's pretty huge time different (I guess you all live in the US) and I got more british accent or something there between. :D

I am more of a Voice actor than a writer, got a pretty good mic.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 7th, 2012 @ 06:07 PM Reply

That sounds like a blast. Many artists, programmers, musicians, and regs on here do weekly shows from time to time. It would be nice to have one in these forums. Check with our wonderful group of voice actors. Most of them are very willing to help you out!

mchamberlin
mchamberlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 05:23 PM Reply

Alright thanks everyone for your help! I'm glad there are other people who want to try this as well.

and now I have an excuse to use my Yeti mic that I got last Christmas :P

I think a good place to start would be to come up with what kind of story we want to try. Is there a way we can all communicate? Email might be best since I think for the most part we're all in different time zones, unless we can agree on a good day and time to talk, as well as HOW we would chat (whatever IM we'd decide on).

So what's it going to be? Email?

ecopper12
ecopper12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 06:01 PM Reply

At 10/9/12 05:23 PM, mchamberlin wrote: So what's it going to be? Email?

I think that could be effective, yes. I'm up for that. PM me your email?

DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 06:20 PM Reply

I have no idea what a podcast is but i love new projects and i love these

(voice acting, writing, music)

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
mchamberlin
mchamberlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 07:29 PM Reply

At 10/6/12 05:11 PM, JaShinYa wrote: Are you talking like a radioplay type thing? Either way, keep me in mind. At the moment, I'm indisposed due to some life changing events, but if you're still in need when everything is all settled, let me know. I've actually got a network of several podcasts so maybe we could work something out.

Sorry for the late reply, but yes I was talking about doing a radio play.

mchamberlin
mchamberlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Podcast Series Anyone? Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 07:38 PM Reply

At 10/9/12 06:01 PM, ecopper12 wrote:
At 10/9/12 05:23 PM, mchamberlin wrote: So what's it going to be? Email?
I think that could be effective, yes. I'm up for that. PM me your email?

Sounds good to me. I've sent those of you who volunteered a PM. Once I have everyone's email I'll send an email to all of you, and maybe at somepoint we can all meet on Skype to discuss our evil plans.