Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 00:38:20 Reply

At 10/4/12 12:10 AM, HiryuGouki wrote:
Wait until they do the fact checking on Romney tomorrow. Oh boy...About 90% of Romney's statements were lies. I'm not going to explain it to you because I am too lazy and it's 12:10 in the morning. Just wait until the news coverage comes, but do NOT watch Fox News.

you're not going to explain it because you're a kool-aid chugging democratic zombie who has no idea what the hell he is talking about.

also, when they fact check Obama, you'll see he's not a saint either. but of course, anyone who says otherwise is a biased racist bigot, right?

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Pride
Pride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 00:39:04 Reply

At 10/4/12 12:10 AM, HiryuGouki wrote: Wait until they do the fact checking on Romney tomorrow. Oh boy...About 90% of Romney's statements were lies. I'm not going to explain it to you because I am too lazy and it's 12:10 in the morning. Just wait until the news coverage comes, but do NOT watch Fox News.

I think it would be fair to say that both candidates need a little "fact-checking", but some of Obamas' statements were extremely outlandish. ObamaâEUTMs claim that Romney wants to cut taxes by $5 trillion was pure nonsense. Romney basically said to the affect that his tax plan will be "revenue neutral". Although Romney did not provide precise details on how he will anchor the tax rate-cuts, that does give Obama the right to fabricate the details for him. Obama's other claim that pulling out of the Iraq war has created some new cash reserve was just as ludicrous. We went into the wars in the Middle-East using borrowed money, it's not as if we can now use the money for different purposes (it was borrowed to begin with).

Whether you like Romney or not, he ultimately was able to come out with a win tonight because he was really on his game. This is evidenced through the polling done on CNN and other channels. Honestly, I feel that Obama did not have his head in the game in this debate and even many liberal commentators are suggesting something similar.

Pride
Pride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 00:46:28 Reply

At 10/4/12 12:39 AM, Pride wrote: that does give Obama the right to fabricate the details for him.

* that does "not" give Obama the right to fabricate the details for him*

Apologies, typo.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 00:48:14 Reply

Bill Maher on the Denver Debate.

Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 00:55:22 Reply

At 10/4/12 12:39 AM, Pride wrote:
At 10/4/12 12:10 AM, HiryuGouki wrote:
I think it would be fair to say that both candidates need a little "fact-checking", but some of Obamas' statements were extremely outlandish. ObamaâEUTMs claim that Romney wants to cut taxes by $5 trillion was pure nonsense.

Obama said that Romney's tax plan would eventually cost an upwards of $5 trillion. Romney kept on saying that's not what he's going to do, completely misunderstanding what was being said.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 01:13:42 Reply

At 10/3/12 11:10 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
Did we watch the same debate?

Romney had to fight for more speaking time because Obama ate it all up. Romney relented to the moderator more than Obama.

Overall I think Romney won the debate but he still doesn't really give specifics on how his policies are improvements on Obama's but I think he did a good job hanging with Obama when I figure most people would rather tune out Romney from the get go. I hope that someone makes a clear step forward in my mind/ by the time Debate season is over and the election begins.

He just seemed more direct I guess. The stuttering and politeness didn't help Obama really.

I can't pretend to understand 90% of what they were talking about, being a Brit who is genuinely uninterested in politics but it made for some good viewing actually. I will make sure to watch the next one and hope Obama has learnt from this.

Saw this Gob and thought of you.

Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
wwwyzzerdd
wwwyzzerdd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 01:26:26 Reply

So the consensus is that Mitt Romney won the debate because he attacked the President more. In my years of studying and competing in debates, this is NOT how you win a debate per se, but I guess if the goal is to make the other guy look bad by any means, then yes you have won the "debate."

I couldn't even keep up with all the shit Romney threw out, but a few things caught my attention;

* Romney's assertion that tax breaks for oil companies (subsidies) is only $2.4 billion: All I could find is that this number comes from a bill that failed (twice) to eliminate a few subsidies to the big 5 oil producers, and the generally agreed upon number is about $41 billion (http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2011/0309/Budget-hawk s-Does-US-need-to-give-gas-and-oil-companies-41-billion-a-ye ar). I did also make note of this because Romney defended retaining what he thought to be a $2.4 billion subsidy, but then explicitly stated (to a PBS newscaster nonetheless) that he would eliminate a $26.55 million subsidy.

* Obama has subsidized green energy to the tune of $90 billion: (sorry, I did miss the exact number he quoted but it was in the 90s) I can't find any exact number that says x amount of dollars went to green energy, but as a Joe Simpleton I took this assertion that that percentage went towards the companies that Romney rattled off (Solyndra, Tesla Motors, etc.). I can already tell that at just face-value, this is misleading because I'm sure this number also includes the $4.3 billion set aside as Home Energy Tax Credits and the $13 billion Renewable Energy Tax Credits from the stimulus bill, and possibly the $3 billion Cash For Clunkers program. If you're going to at least argue that this is a waste of money, then explain why reinsulating your house, or buying a more fuel-efficient car, or relying on renewable sources is bad for the country.

* Unemployment, gas prices, and health insurance are up, wages are down: I feel like I don't have to dignify this assumption that the President of the United States has any true control over the private sector to intelligent people. If you're stupid enough to believe this, then make sure you hold these things against President Romney.

* "Vote for me and I'll create 12 million jobs, get you better wages, etc...": Mitt Romney's closing statement sounded like a pathetic car sales pitch to me. Even worse, this man gave NO specific details on how any of his plans (that he also didn't detail) will accomplish any of this. Over the months though I've heard some of his promises (regular unemployment numbers, foreign oil dependence cut in half) will occur regardless, so it sounds like he's banking on the inevitable happening.

So this is apparently how Mitt Romney "won" the debate; by lying out of his ass. I guess Obama should've used the average 30-minute dissertations he gave for his 2-minute allotments to refute most of these lies, but I'm guessing the narrative then would be that he was being "unpresidential" in yelling at his opponent. Realistically, Mitt Romney won because this makes the race seem closer so the news has something to talk about for the rest of the month. Truthfully, both of these guys seemed like they were running for class president in high school instead, so I guess you'll have to decide which person you'd rather blame everything on for the next 4 years.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 01:42:22 Reply

At 10/4/12 01:26 AM, wwwyzzerdd wrote: So the consensus is that Mitt Romney won the debate because he attacked the President more. In my years of studying and competing in debates, this is NOT how you win a debate per se,

Debates are not won by what is said, rather by how it is said. Romney looked more comfortable and ready than Obama.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 02:26:11 Reply

At 10/4/12 01:42 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 10/4/12 01:26 AM, wwwyzzerdd wrote: So the consensus is that Mitt Romney won the debate because he attacked the President more. In my years of studying and competing in debates, this is NOT how you win a debate per se,
Debates are not won by what is said, rather by how it is said. Romney looked more comfortable and ready than Obama.

The only real thing people can do now is to peacefully, legally and Actively resist by way of not voting to really show in numbers that the people will not put up with things such as but not limited to war profiteering, lobbying, fiat currency, debt based currency, private owned federal reserve banking cartel, and crony capitalism. By way of not voting it is a very real and direct action in the eyes of the government that shows them that you actively and positively do not support the issues aforementioned. Do you really believe for a minute that the issues previously denoted will change with a vote ? I guarantee these issues will change no matter who the figure head in power at any given time your vote be dammed as your country will continually deteriorate by way of self enable collective international ignorance and disregard for the gravity and critical seriousness of the issues that are faced not only on the national level but global alike.

BBS Signature
BloodPact
BloodPact
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 02:48:31 Reply

When has either side kept their word? The problem that we have is that these two parties have been usurped by career politicians on both ends of the spectrum. How can these Senators keep their jobs for 40-50 years? It is a cycle that goes back and forth, and will continue to go back and forth until Judgment Day. Next thing you know World War III is going to happen, I think by then it'll be survival of the fittest. Now I understand why people are wanting that zombie apocalypse now.

You haven't seen me, yet.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 03:50:13 Reply

At 10/4/12 02:48 AM, BloodPact wrote: When has either side kept their word? The problem that we have is that these two parties have been usurped by career politicians on both ends of the spectrum. How can these Senators keep their jobs for 40-50 years? It is a cycle that goes back and forth, and will continue to go back and forth until Judgment Day. Next thing you know World War III is going to happen, I think by then it'll be survival of the fittest. Now I understand why people are wanting that zombie apocalypse now.

:"Judment Day, WWIII, survival of the fittest, people are wanting that zombie apocalypse now": BOLLOCKS LOL

BBS Signature
CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 06:40:12 Reply

All I saw was Romney flipping around more then a fish on land, and Obama made his points clear with some detail and ignored Romney and spoke directly to the camera/people. I honestly don't understand where people get the idea that Romney "won" the debate. He seemed constantly ski-dish and lied constantly about his policies and seemingly forgot to give those ever so important details. Did Obama stretch some facts? Yes, a little, but it still stands that Romney hopes magically turn the economy around by doing not only the same but go even further then Bush did.

Any educated individual has already made there decision. They can look back and see what a democratic president has done (Bill Clinton) and then they can look at 8 years of a Republican (George W. Bush). Not a difficult decision. Those still undecided are idiots by every sense of the word.

Though, none of this really matters. The voting system is terrible in the US, and both party's are bought and paid for.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 07:38:19 Reply

Libs bending over backwards to downplay Romney victory.

too funny. simply too funny. how do you win a presidential debate? by making voters think you did. and Romney pulled it off by stomping Obama pretty hard in that area. Obama's 2 more crap performances away from being a 1 termer. It wouldn't surprise me to learn in the next debates that Obama got the questions beforehand from the moderator to avoid him floundering again. he's a great speaker when someone else tells him what to say. take that away and his magical speaking skills seem to vanish into thin air.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 08:37:34 Reply

Maybe romney did win, but i felt he lied about most of his facts.

Wasn't he like, planning to cut off welfare for %47 of people or something?not only that, he wants to cut of funding for seaseme street

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 09:02:01 Reply

anyways, the last thing I heard before changing the channel was a reporter saying Obama looked annoyed but Romney kept his cool..... even though Romney kept looking down and up like he had an uncontrollable twitch during Obama's arguments

also, was Obama's statement about the 5 trillion tax cut true?

1) Actually, if you listen to their tone and body language, Obama was more relaxed and collected. Romney was the one getting annoyed, especially very early on in the debate.

2) I unfortunately have a terrible memory, and thus cannot remember exactly what was said about that 5 trillion. All I do remember from THAT argument was the 2 trillion in military spending they never asked for, which is true. I also remember hearing that Obama would be willing to cut corporate tax rates for those businesses who invest in American jobs. In my opinion, Obama lost because he had all of the ammo against Romney, but failed to use it. Obama simply wasn't aggressive enough, even though 90% of Romney's statements were bold-faced lies.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 09:05:03 Reply

At 10/4/12 01:26 AM, wwwyzzerdd wrote:

Which is unfortunate, because I thought Obama had all his facts straight.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 11:20:41 Reply

I feel kind of bad neglecting watching something as important as that on TV when I watch "South Park". To be fair, I was actually meeting some friends that night and went out to eat, so I wouldn't have had any time to watch the debate anyway. Also, Penn Jilliette himself said SP was probably the best show to be logical nowadays. I heard it didn't go too favorably for Romney, yeah!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Silverdust
Silverdust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 14:36:40 Reply

I enjoyed the first debate! Perhaps I'm one of the few that thinks Obama did exceptionally well. Granted, Romney talked better - and, if I was a swing voter, I would be seriously considering him (under the hypothetical that anything he said was true). What made Obama seem off was his stutters and submission to the moderator. And, although he was more polite, most of his arguments were based on things that Romney does not hold *cough*. In short, I learned nothing new from Romney. His positions were essentially "nevermind" or "I'll do exactly what you did, but it will be better".

Thank goodness I won't be voting for either of these clowns. This is pure entertainment - almost like a political super bowl.

RussiaToday : Aljazeera : TEDTalks : io9
"We have the Bill of Rights; what we need is a Bill of Responsibilities." ~ Bill Maher

BBS Signature
Baby-Bottle-Bob
Baby-Bottle-Bob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 16:51:40 Reply

Obama got his ass kicked. Plain and simple.

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 18:18:28 Reply

I can't believe you all base your entire nation's future on how well rehearsed somebody can be at doing 90 minutes of showmanship. 2 and a half years ago my country had our first ever televised party-leaders political debate and it was a total waste of time. We shouldn't judge a party by its leader and we shouldn't judge a leader by his face and how much work goes in to that person's totally false gusto.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
DawnOfDusk
DawnOfDusk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 19:34:41 Reply

At 10/3/12 11:09 PM, EmmaVolt wrote:
At 10/3/12 11:05 PM, DawnOfDusk wrote:
blah propaganda blah
George W. Bush won Presidency based off of debates.
Comforting.

Yeah, I also said Clinton won because of this. Your comment implies that, since Romney won the debate, he'll win and therefor be a bad President.

Idiot.
naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 20:18:15 Reply

At 10/4/12 07:34 PM, DawnOfDusk wrote:
Yeah, I also said Clinton won because of this. Your comment implies that, since Romney won the debate, he'll win and therefor be a bad President.

Idiot.

Hey dawnofdusk, why did Romney win this debate?

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 20:34:56 Reply

The debate was surprisingly more tame than I imagined it would be. Romney and Obama went out of their way at the beginning and end to thank each other for the debate and opportunity to be there. I didn't think Romney was attacking Obama so much as really trying to convince the viewers of his opinion. I'm no expert, but isn't that the point of a debate? Anyway, neither debater really surprised me. Thought Obama was really out of touch with the subject material at some points, and that Romney was out of his mind on others.

I wonder if Romney supporters are still convinced he'll repeal Obamacare. Romney truly does not represent the GOP well at all. Much like how Obama has swung to the right on some of his policies. And I love that, because it means we're not choosing between two "yes men" for their respective party. I'm pretty much set on voting Obama, but am very much open to reconsidering if Romney shows himself to be better for the job. Unfortunately for him, the next two deal with foreign policy and, well, I can only imagine Mitt crumpling under his lack of expertise in that area. Obama jumped the largest hurdles last night.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Fuoco
Fuoco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 21:24:42 Reply

Wow. Certain americans sure are stupid if they actually give a man the presidential chair if he can express himself properly and aggressively, instead of verifying if said words are actually accurate. It means anyone who pulls random facts out his ass, if said confidently enough, can be a president.

But who am I to critique? Corrupt assholes bought the presidence in my country (Mexico), and now my future president is some douchebag who can't even speak english.

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature
DawnOfDusk
DawnOfDusk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 22:08:07 Reply

At 10/4/12 08:18 PM, naronic wrote:
At 10/4/12 07:34 PM, DawnOfDusk wrote:

Idiot.
Hey dawnofdusk, why did Romney win this debate?

Did you watch the debate?
Rhetorical. If you think Obama wasn't intimidated and trumped by what Romney said, then you're blind.

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 22:39:41 Reply

At 10/4/12 06:40 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote: All I saw was Romney flipping around more then a fish on land,

Odd.

Most people perceived Romney to be fervent but confident.

I honestly don't understand where people get the idea that Romney "won" the debate.

Maybe it's because Obama didn't seem relaxed, kept stuttering, frequently looked down when Romney talked to him, and didn't seem confident.

He seemed constantly ski-dish and lied constantly about his policies and seemingly forgot to give those ever so important details. Did Obama stretch some facts? Yes, a little, but it still stands that Romney hopes magically turn the economy around by doing not only the same but go even further then Bush did.

It doesn't really matter in debates.

Honestly, debates aren't won by what was said, but by how it was said.

Any educated individual has already made there decision.

There are an awful lot of educated people who still don't know whom to pick.

It's not logical to assume that being undecided means you're stupid.

They can look back and see what a democratic president has done (Bill Clinton) and then they can look at 8 years of a Republican (George W. Bush). Not a difficult decision.

Yes, because there have never been any bad Democratic presidents or good Republican presidents.

Those still undecided are idiots by every sense of the word.

Says the guy who can't understand why Mitt Romney won the debate.

Though, none of this really matters. The voting system is terrible in the US, and both party's are bought and paid for.

I can't take you seriously when you've demonstrated such a poor sense of reason and dismiss those who've yet to decide who to vote for as idiots.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
BloodPact
BloodPact
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 22:46:38 Reply

At 10/4/12 10:39 PM, Light wrote:
At 10/4/12 06:40 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote:
Yes, because there have never been any bad Democratic presidents or good Republican presidents.

All presidents have had their faults, I tend to lean to the right but I do admit that Bush didn't handle things at the end. Two wars, no child left behind, debt ballooning. Clinton cheated on his wife and lied to the country, and basically perverted the position of POTUS. Bush Sr raised taxes, and don't get me started on Carter.

You haven't seen me, yet.

naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-04 23:00:06 Reply

At 10/4/12 10:08 PM, DawnOfDusk wrote:
At 10/4/12 08:18 PM, naronic wrote:
Did you watch the debate?
Rhetorical. If you think Obama wasn't intimidated and trumped by what Romney said, then you're blind.

No you moron, this isn't a personality pageant, why did Romney win the debate?

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-05 01:38:56 Reply

At 10/4/12 07:34 PM, DawnOfDusk wrote: Yeah, I also said Clinton won because of this. Your comment implies that, since Romney won the debate, he'll win and therefor be a bad President.

Idiot.

Except Romney is Republican.

Idiot.

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Tonight! Debate - Romney/obama 2012-10-05 05:23:11 Reply

he who speaks well will lead well

obama articulated himself horribly and i think that is a reflection of his terrible ideas and intelligence.

romney on the other hand is a brilliant speeker and he fucking pwned the shit out of obama seriously. obama doesn't have any idea what he is doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it