CrazyKat
CrazyKat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to So I found God. 2012-10-03 16:39:57 Reply

At 10/3/12 04:33 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote:
At 10/3/12 04:24 PM, CrazyKat wrote: So, still no word on which god you are talking about.

Is it the god(s) of the Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Pagans, or something entirely different?
The Christian God = Jewish God = Islamic = Sikhist God. They're all religions based on the exact same god. Infact...That's actually pretty common knowledge. Also, Buddhists don't have a god at all. Which is also common knowledge.

On a sidenote: Hindus and various pagan religions don't refer to any of they're gods as just "God", because hindus and most pagan religions have multiple gods.

The only god ever referred to as just "God" to my knowledge is Jehovah, hence why it's obvious what god the OP is referring to. (AKA The Christian/Islamic/Jewish/Sikhist God.)

You just ignored the little parenthesis S there didn't you. In any case, even though the Abrahamic God is the foundation for many religions, each religion thinks of their interpretation of god as sufficiently different as to make all the others wrong. So, even for those who believe in the Abrahamic tradition, the way god is interpreted is at least equally important as the god being described. Otherwise you wouldn't see all this violence and anger and there wouldn't be much need for so many religions. It's a common misconception for non-religious people.

Of course the user may have found his/her own personal god, which makes this entirely discussion not relevant.

Continue the story on the Story Time Post.

GodOfVideoGames
GodOfVideoGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Game Developer
Response to So I found God. 2012-10-03 18:00:09 Reply

You mean the christian god? Yeah, he's cool. He always brings pretzels to my 'All God Poker Night'. Me, God, and Zeus just sit around playing poker, drinking beer, and laughing at all the prayers people think we're going to answer.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to So I found God. 2012-10-03 18:15:19 Reply

Take me to the waaaater.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to So I found God. 2012-10-03 18:19:24 Reply

I found god once with my Reverend, he said to close my eyes and open my mouth wide.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to So I found God. 2012-10-04 01:55:42 Reply

Isn't it a wonderful feeling ? He's like; everywhere at the same time and becomes apart of you as long as you want him to be

Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
DannyDaNinja
DannyDaNinja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Game Developer
Response to So I found God. 2012-10-04 08:31:28 Reply

Well even though I'm not sure if god exists I'm glad you're happy bro

Trying to post in topics that have no replies. Trust me it's a horrible feeling when nobody replies to your topic :{