New Topic Respond to this Topic
AntiHero
AntiHero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 03:04:47 Reply

RAGE without a doubt in my mind. It was cool looking and it was an okay game but it was nothing new and had absolutely no replay value what so ever. It has a basic and cliche plot that it doesn't develop or delve into, the characters are plain and forgettable, missions were incredibly easy, not a wide variety of enemies, and I could just keep going. I'll admit the one thing I loved was Mutant Bash TV and its' host J.K. Stiles. Anyway I paid sixty dollars for the Anarchy Edition at Walmart on Black Friday and compared to the other game I could have bought, RAGE was a disappointment. I wouldn't have minded as much if I had paid say no more than twenty for it.

"On rainy days, I just sit there and make deals with the devil. The fun never ends..."

BBS Signature
mayon8
mayon8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 04:27:48 Reply

At 10/4/12 03:04 AM, AntiHero1317 wrote: RAGE

It wasn't that bad and the multiplayer was really fun

Goth Forever

BBS Signature
DannyDaNinja
DannyDaNinja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Game Developer
Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 08:20:08 Reply

Trapped Dead... so many painful memories.
It was only $10 but still a ripoff, if I knew what it would be like before I bought it I wouldn't even want it for free.

Trying to post in topics that have no replies. Trust me it's a horrible feeling when nobody replies to your topic :{

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 10:34:03 Reply

Also Mindjack. I should also mention that I bought both Mindjack and Cursed Crusade used at gamestop so I returned them asap.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 11:19:58 Reply

At 10/4/12 09:05 AM, Criminal-23 wrote: --Minecraft--
I will begin by saying that this game is CRAP. It's pointless--all you do is craft shit and build stuff. Sorry, but I feel my money has been wasted on this piece of shit.

I hope this is sarcasm. It does what it says on the box: the "pointless" crafting and building IS the point of the game.

-- Gears of War 3 --
The story wasn't awful, and Horde 2.0 was pretty cool; but the multiplayer in general irritated the hell out of me. I can't remember the exact reasons why I hated it so much, but it must have been pretty bad: it's the only game I've ever sold/traded.

-- Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360) --
I can't speak for the other versions of the game, but BF3 was just so disappointing. The campaign was so horribly awful, it made Modern Warfare look like Oscar-winning material. At least on 360, every patch seemed to make the game worse and worse: 90% of the official servers became privatized, where people with more money than sense could kick you out for absolutely any reason; the game seemed to get worse in terms of lag; suppression became stupidly overpowered; the balance of guns and classes was completely ballsed up...

I haven't played BF3 since April 2012. It might have got better since then, although the gameplay mechanics when I left were so bad, it would take a miracle to fix it.

Th-e
Th-e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 12:46:55 Reply

Some games were bought by me, and some came from my brother.

Jupiter Strike (PS1): a Starfox knockoff with a slow moving ship, weak weapons, and a boss at the second level that is impossible to beat (unless you have a GameShark). There are no continues, so Game Over means going all the way back to level 1.

Mansion of Hidden Souls (Saturn): A game with people as butterflies, a decent story, nice music, and...you can easily beat it in under 2 hours. It's so short.

Castlevania Adventure (Game Boy): no subweapons, sluggish gameplay, a falling platform in the second level that will kill you unless you make perfectly (and I mean PERFECTLY within 0.000001 second) timed button presses to jump over it.

Celebrity Deathmatch (PS2): a game that seemed like it had potential, but you have minimal moves, a pathetic AI, and it only runs on comedic lines and gets boring after 20 minutes.

Soul Calibur 3 (PS2): a good game, but I regret it because of the File Corruption problem. Bugs. At least it didn't fry my memory cards.

I may ask to get my BBS posts removed and my account terminated at the end of 2017. If you want to reply to my topics you won't get a chance afterwards.

ManDeep
ManDeep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 13:26:56 Reply

Saints row 3, it gets repetitive way too fast and the story is rushed and gaysexual.
Also Shadow the hedgehog.

InfectedSausage
InfectedSausage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 14:29:26 Reply

Saints Row The Third.

A great game for about, what, 5-7 hours? It has a lot of unique features, but the replay value and the story is just absolute shite compared to Saints Row 2.

''A filmmaker has almost the same freedom as a novelist has when he buys himself some paper.'' - Stanley Kubrick

UndeadPriest52
UndeadPriest52
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 14:34:25 Reply

At 10/4/12 02:29 PM, InfectedSausage wrote: Saints Row The Third.

A great game for about, what, 5-7 hours? It has a lot of unique features, but the replay value and the story is just absolute shite compared to Saints Row 2.

Medal of Honor. I believe it to be the most recent one that came out.
I went to GameStop to buy Dead Rising 2 that day, and when I got home with it, my Xbox couldn't read the disc. Took it back, and apparently they didn't have any more copies of DR2, so I looked around, found Medal of Honor, and thought it would be fun.
Turns out I hated it. It was bland and boring. I didn't feel any originality in it.

"If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.." - Space God of Futurama

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 15:15:22 Reply

Deus Ex Invisible War.... I bought it over ten years ago (as a massive fan of the original), and in that time, through half a dozen PCs, I have never once had a machine that could actually run it due to the fact that only a couple of graphics cards could support it. Even now, with a brand new machine, it won't run, and I refuse to buy a graphics card solely to run one game.

And by all accounts it isn't great anyway...

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Roadripper55
Roadripper55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 15:17:12 Reply

Sega Superstars Tennis , i dont know why i bought that game, but i was quite young at the time, the only controls is X and Square on the ps3, and you move about, at that time i thought it was brilliant, but know i just see how much of a game it is lol

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 15:29:47 Reply

I must be the only one who loved Saints Row: the Third. And I played 1 and 2 first.

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
luigifan5555
luigifan5555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Games you regret buying 2012-10-04 15:53:47 Reply

Playground read my review for it on ng for more information about the game.

Super Mario sunshine is dumb.

BBS Signature