New Topic Respond to this Topic
AntiHero
AntiHero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Games you regret buying Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 03:04 AM Reply

RAGE without a doubt in my mind. It was cool looking and it was an okay game but it was nothing new and had absolutely no replay value what so ever. It has a basic and cliche plot that it doesn't develop or delve into, the characters are plain and forgettable, missions were incredibly easy, not a wide variety of enemies, and I could just keep going. I'll admit the one thing I loved was Mutant Bash TV and its' host J.K. Stiles. Anyway I paid sixty dollars for the Anarchy Edition at Walmart on Black Friday and compared to the other game I could have bought, RAGE was a disappointment. I wouldn't have minded as much if I had paid say no more than twenty for it.

"On rainy days, I just sit there and make deals with the devil. The fun never ends..."

BBS Signature
mayon8
mayon8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Games you regret buying Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 04:27 AM Reply

At 10/4/12 03:04 AM, AntiHero1317 wrote: RAGE

It wasn't that bad and the multiplayer was really fun

Goth Forever

BBS Signature
DannyDaNinja
DannyDaNinja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Game Developer
Response to Games you regret buying Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 08:20 AM Reply

Trapped Dead... so many painful memories.
It was only $10 but still a ripoff, if I knew what it would be like before I bought it I wouldn't even want it for free.

Trying to post in topics that have no replies. Trust me it's a horrible feeling when nobody replies to your topic :{

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Games you regret buying Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 10:34 AM Reply

Also Mindjack. I should also mention that I bought both Mindjack and Cursed Crusade used at gamestop so I returned them asap.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Games you regret buying Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 11:19 AM Reply

At 10/4/12 09:05 AM, Criminal-23 wrote: --Minecraft--
I will begin by saying that this game is CRAP. It's pointless--all you do is craft shit and build stuff. Sorry, but I feel my money has been wasted on this piece of shit.

I hope this is sarcasm. It does what it says on the box: the "pointless" crafting and building IS the point of the game.

-- Gears of War 3 --
The story wasn't awful, and Horde 2.0 was pretty cool; but the multiplayer in general irritated the hell out of me. I can't remember the exact reasons why I hated it so much, but it must have been pretty bad: it's the only game I've ever sold/traded.

-- Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360) --
I can't speak for the other versions of the game, but BF3 was just so disappointing. The campaign was so horribly awful, it made Modern Warfare look like Oscar-winning material. At least on 360, every patch seemed to make the game worse and worse: 90% of the official servers became privatized, where people with more money than sense could kick you out for absolutely any reason; the game seemed to get worse in terms of lag; suppression became stupidly overpowered; the balance of guns and classes was completely ballsed up...

I haven't played BF3 since April 2012. It might have got better since then, although the gameplay mechanics when I left were so bad, it would take a miracle to fix it.

Th-e
Th-e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Games you regret buying Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 12:46 PM Reply

Some games were bought by me, and some came from my brother.

Jupiter Strike (PS1): a Starfox knockoff with a slow moving ship, weak weapons, and a boss at the second level that is impossible to beat (unless you have a GameShark). There are no continues, so Game Over means going all the way back to level 1.

Mansion of Hidden Souls (Saturn): A game with people as butterflies, a decent story, nice music, and...you can easily beat it in under 2 hours. It's so short.

Castlevania Adventure (Game Boy): no subweapons, sluggish gameplay, a falling platform in the second level that will kill you unless you make perfectly (and I mean PERFECTLY within 0.000001 second) timed button presses to jump over it.

Celebrity Deathmatch (PS2): a game that seemed like it had potential, but you have minimal moves, a pathetic AI, and it only runs on comedic lines and gets boring after 20 minutes.

Soul Calibur 3 (PS2): a good game, but I regret it because of the File Corruption problem. Bugs. At least it didn't fry my memory cards.

Feel no mercy for me. It will only cause you to suffer as well.

ManDeep
ManDeep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Games you regret buying Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 01:26 PM Reply

Saints row 3, it gets repetitive way too fast and the story is rushed and gaysexual.
Also Shadow the hedgehog.

InfectedSausage
InfectedSausage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Games you regret buying Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 02:29 PM Reply

Saints Row The Third.

A great game for about, what, 5-7 hours? It has a lot of unique features, but the replay value and the story is just absolute shite compared to Saints Row 2.

''A filmmaker has almost the same freedom as a novelist has when he buys himself some paper.'' - Stanley Kubrick

UndeadPriest52
UndeadPriest52
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Games you regret buying Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 02:34 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 02:29 PM, InfectedSausage wrote: Saints Row The Third.

A great game for about, what, 5-7 hours? It has a lot of unique features, but the replay value and the story is just absolute shite compared to Saints Row 2.

Medal of Honor. I believe it to be the most recent one that came out.
I went to GameStop to buy Dead Rising 2 that day, and when I got home with it, my Xbox couldn't read the disc. Took it back, and apparently they didn't have any more copies of DR2, so I looked around, found Medal of Honor, and thought it would be fun.
Turns out I hated it. It was bland and boring. I didn't feel any originality in it.

"If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.." - Space God of Futurama

Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Games you regret buying Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 03:15 PM Reply

Deus Ex Invisible War.... I bought it over ten years ago (as a massive fan of the original), and in that time, through half a dozen PCs, I have never once had a machine that could actually run it due to the fact that only a couple of graphics cards could support it. Even now, with a brand new machine, it won't run, and I refuse to buy a graphics card solely to run one game.

And by all accounts it isn't great anyway...

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
Roadripper55
Roadripper55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Games you regret buying Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 03:17 PM Reply

Sega Superstars Tennis , i dont know why i bought that game, but i was quite young at the time, the only controls is X and Square on the ps3, and you move about, at that time i thought it was brilliant, but know i just see how much of a game it is lol

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Games you regret buying Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 03:29 PM Reply

I must be the only one who loved Saints Row: the Third. And I played 1 and 2 first.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
luigifan5555
luigifan5555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Games you regret buying Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 03:53 PM Reply

Playground read my review for it on ng for more information about the game.

Super Mario sunshine is dumb.

BBS Signature