00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Designing ChickenGiraffe

861 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Designing ChickenGiraffe 2012-10-02 18:44:01

I am trying to design a logo for a team by the name ChickenGiraffe. I have a lot of experience in vector design, yet none in actually sketching and freestyle drawing.
If anyone has any tips, suggestions or feedback, i'd love to hear it.

Designing ChickenGiraffe

Response to Designing ChickenGiraffe 2012-10-02 19:15:47

At 10/2/12 06:44 PM, Doctor-Pepper wrote: I am trying to design a logo for a team by the name ChickenGiraffe. I have a lot of experience in vector design, yet none in actually sketching and freestyle drawing.

If it's a logo, I think that it should have three layers. EX: Black, White and Red in solid colors. Other than that it's not bad.

NEOvivid 1.7

Response to Designing ChickenGiraffe 2012-10-02 19:27:06

The goal is to place it in the splashscreen for mobile devices. So i'll probably go with yellow feet, white body, brown dots on he neck, black outline and a white stroke to separate it from the background.
The hardest part for me is to get an interesting sketch in fotoshop before i clean it up in illustrator

Response to Designing ChickenGiraffe 2012-10-02 19:33:58

At 10/2/12 06:44 PM, Doctor-Pepper wrote: I am trying to design a logo for a team by the name ChickenGiraffe. I have a lot of experience in vector design, yet none in actually sketching and freestyle drawing.

Looks okay for a starter. I suggest you look up some references of both chickens and giraffes (make sure the references are pictures! Using cartoons as a reference is not recommended) and try to figure out a pose which is in line with the text: if you want to completely stretch the neck, i'd say at least do it horizontally.
Good luck!

(I know it's probably not very helpful, but it just looked so much fun that I had a go myself)

Designing ChickenGiraffe

Response to Designing ChickenGiraffe 2012-10-02 19:45:57

@MrFat, thats actually a neat idea. Looking great! i like how you did the dots, ears and the wings. I could probably also wrap the text around the outer circle

Response to Designing ChickenGiraffe 2012-10-02 20:33:55

I'll definetively keep playing with that idea. If anyone else has any suggestions, please do share

Designing ChickenGiraffe

Response to Designing ChickenGiraffe 2012-10-02 21:45:57

At 10/2/12 08:33 PM, Doctor-Pepper wrote: If anyone else has any suggestions, please do share.

lol, I like it, but... right now it's just a giraffe head stuck on a chicken body... needs more 'cross-breading' lol!! ...keep the chicken feet/talons/claws (whatever) ...and maybe make the legs really long and skinny... and give it those red flappy things on the head and chin.

Response to Designing ChickenGiraffe 2012-10-02 21:50:37

I can tell that your reference for giraffe part in the original design was Melman from Madagascar.

Response to Designing ChickenGiraffe 2012-10-03 17:05:32

At 10/2/12 10:17 PM, Kostou wrote: I like your giraffe sir.

This mixture of design is really neat and differant, you could realy do alot with this, so keep at it, nice drawings so far.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Designing ChickenGiraffe 2012-10-03 19:27:25

At 10/2/12 09:45 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 10/2/12 08:33 PM, Doctor-Pepper wrote: If anyone else has any suggestions, please do share.
lol, I like it, but... right now it's just a giraffe head stuck on a chicken body... needs more 'cross-breading' lol!! ...keep the chicken feet/talons/claws (whatever) ...and maybe make the legs really long and skinny... and give it those red flappy things on the head and chin.

That might make it look more like a giraffe trying to disguise itself as a chicken which would actually be hilarious.