LazyBucks
LazyBucks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Audio Portal Trophies 2012-10-01 19:46:02 Reply

Hey guys.

So don't shoot me if this topic has been going on for ages, I don't browse the forums very often so I apologize if this has been answered 100 times before.

Will there ever be trophies for the audio portal?
In my opinion we're the portal shown the least amount of love. This isn't a bad thing really, the scouting option is a cool new feature, I just always wondered how come there isn't awards and trophies etc.

Just my thoughts on the matter, let me know if I've accidentally rehashed a old topic or what not.

Thanks!

LazyBucks
LazyBucks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Trophies 2012-10-01 20:09:03 Reply

At 10/1/12 08:01 PM, Lasse wrote: not enough voters

Oh?

Thats a shame anyway, well thanks for at least seeding some light on it.

Aqua8B
Aqua8B
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Trophies 2012-10-02 15:20:02 Reply

At 10/1/12 07:46 PM, LazyBucks wrote: I just always wondered how come there isn't awards and trophies etc.

I personally think it isn't a very good idea to have trophies in the audio portal, because think of it, what trophies will you get:

You got past 1 minute!
You listened the whole track

you understand, you just can not make trophies on a song, if you think I'm totally wrong, just let me know
but all in all, this is my opinion (not trying to be harsh)

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Trophies 2012-10-02 15:40:58 Reply

There used to be trophies for the Audio Portal as well, based on the number of downloads of your song. I think they got rid of that when they figured out that every time a song is played with an embedded player it immediatly counts as a download.

...but that was before my time. :(

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Trophies 2012-10-02 15:43:09 Reply

At 10/2/12 03:20 PM, Aqua8B wrote:
At 10/1/12 07:46 PM, LazyBucks wrote: I just always wondered how come there isn't awards and trophies etc.
I personally think it isn't a very good idea to have trophies in the audio portal, because think of it, what trophies will you get:
You got past 1 minute!
You listened the whole track
you understand, you just can not make trophies on a song, if you think I'm totally wrong, just let me know
but all in all, this is my opinion (not trying to be harsh)

That's not the kind of trophy he was referring to, Aqua. The trophies in question are Daily 1st to 5th place, Review Crew Pick, Underdog of the Month, Weekly 1st to 5th place etc. And/or Frontpage.

We are not referring to the medal system here on Newgrounds; medals are ONLY for Flash games or interactive stuff.

LazyBucks
LazyBucks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Trophies 2012-10-02 15:53:14 Reply

Yeah I meant like frontpaged etc.

Not medals, you mixed up :)

But yeah, thanks for the reply everyone, glad to get some insight into it.

Neon-Bard
Neon-Bard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Trophies 2012-10-02 19:53:19 Reply

I think it would be a pretty neat addition to the audio portal but just like others have said, it may not happen due to the lack of interest/support. Who knows though, good things come with time right?

If you have a moment, check out some of my work:
[Music here on Newgrounds] [Soundcloud]

BBS Signature
Aqua8B
Aqua8B
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Trophies 2012-10-03 11:30:50 Reply

At 10/2/12 03:43 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: That's not the kind of trophy he was referring to, Aqua. The trophies in question are Daily 1st to 5th place, Review Crew Pick, Underdog of the Month, Weekly 1st to 5th place etc. And/or Frontpage.

We are not referring to the medal system here on Newgrounds; medals are ONLY for Flash games or interactive stuff.

oww shit!!!
sorry sorry, my apologizes

I'm so ashamed
in that case:

I think it is a good idea to have trophies again, i think it will be that everyone has a goal to achieve with their music

BBS Signature
k3ph3r
k3ph3r
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Trophies 2012-10-05 22:13:23 Reply

Sorry if this thread is pretty much dead, but, a few trophies that could always be implemented, could be secret trophies, like, 1st-4th in the NGADM and other hosted contests. Not to mention the hundreds of others you could possibly think up. However secret trophies given to you based on great accomplishments would be the best kind of rep (or bragging rights?) and help you get recognized.

If you don't evolve, you'll be devoured by those that do.
Feel free to leave feedback, I shall return the favor.
K3

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Audio Portal Trophies 2012-10-06 03:48:30 Reply

At 10/5/12 10:13 PM, k3ph3r wrote: Sorry if this thread is pretty much dead, but, a few trophies that could always be implemented, could be secret trophies, like, 1st-4th in the NGADM and other hosted contests. Not to mention the hundreds of others you could possibly think up. However secret trophies given to you based on great accomplishments would be the best kind of rep (or bragging rights?) and help you get recognized.

contest trophies apparently are in the works.. tom mentioned the concept a while back.