New Topic Respond to this Topic
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Not a valid mp3 file? Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 10:32 AM Reply

Hi guys, I wasn't sure where to post this so I made a thread for it. If I need to ask it somewhere in particular then let me know. Thanks.

I'm trying to upload a track to the audio portal and I keep getting this message:
"This does not appear to be a valid mp3 file".
Yet it is within these constraints: " Filesize is limited to 15 MB. Must be sampled at 44.1 kHz." and is absolutely fine on my end. Any ideas why it won't work? Is there something I'm missing?

P.S. I've tried re-rendering the file too, and I still get the problem.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out!
Veteran REAPER user.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Not a valid mp3 file? Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 10:40 AM Reply

Get Audacity (it's free), import your raw WAV file, and export as an mp3 at constant 320kbps. Also, make sure there are no funny characters in your file name: just letters, and replace spaces with underscores (e.g. "my_song.mp3").

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Not a valid mp3 file? Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 10:46 AM Reply

At 10/1/12 10:40 AM, RampantMusik wrote: Get Audacity (it's free), import your raw WAV file, and export as an mp3 at constant 320kbps. Also, make sure there are no funny characters in your file name: just letters, and replace spaces with underscores (e.g. "my_song.mp3").

Thanks, solved. It was due to "( )" in the title around "Instrumental".
:)

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out!
Veteran REAPER user.