00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JUBBAA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hiring an "Audiophile"

1,529 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hiring an "Audiophile" 2012-09-30 11:01:37

Hello Newgrounders. How is everyone?

I am on the search for an "Audiophile", someone who can covert Low Quality sounding things into High Quality Audio. I'm working on an Album and my Microphone quality is horrendous, so I am hiring someone who can take my Low Quality Audio Files and turn them into High Quality Audio Files. Sadly, this job won't pay at all, but I will certainly give credit for the help.

If anyone is interested, Please PM me so I may give you Test Files to work with. Thanks :D

Response to Hiring an "Audiophile" 2012-09-30 11:26:32

At 9/30/12 11:01 AM, DingoWalleyStudio wrote: Hello Newgrounders. How is everyone?

I am on the search for an "Audiophile", someone who can covert Low Quality sounding things into High Quality Audio. I'm working on an Album and my Microphone quality is horrendous, so I am hiring someone who can take my Low Quality Audio Files and turn them into High Quality Audio Files. Sadly, this job won't pay at all, but I will certainly give credit for the help.

If anyone is interested, Please PM me so I may give you Test Files to work with. Thanks :D

That's not what an audiophile is...
Also what your asking isn't really possible. You can't turn something that sounds like it was recorded on a cellphone into something that sounds like it was done in Electric Lady Land. The quality of the initial recording is key.

If you're asking someone to convert something from 44.1khz to 192khz that's easy enough. Though it won't make it sound any better, since the original started so low. So you should really invest in some different gear from the sound of things.

Response to Hiring an "Audiophile" 2012-09-30 11:27:33

Err, we can't magically make the audio sound higher quality. Sure, we can clean up some frequencies and make it sound more crisp, but we can't increase the bitrate of an audiofile.
You're really gonna have to scrape some money together to get a better microphone, or do some room treatment to make the input sound better.

Hope that helps!

New tune: Yag

Response to Hiring an "Audiophile" 2012-09-30 12:16:48

Oh okay, I see... Well, maybe I'll have to buy a new Microphone then. Well thanks for telling me.

Response to Hiring an "Audiophile" 2012-09-30 12:33:42

At 9/30/12 12:16 PM, DingoWalleyStudio wrote: Oh okay, I see... Well, maybe I'll have to buy a new Microphone then. Well thanks for telling me.

First you shouls identify the problem, then try to fix it.
What's the problem with the files? noise, clipping, too much hum, clicks and pops, catching the echo of your room, catching the noise from your electronic devices (computer fan, refrigerator...etc).
All of those have a different fix, some can be fixed by getting a better microphone, some need more stuff (a good preamp, acoustic treatment, pop filter...etc).
After you fixed "hardware" all what you could, then you try fixing with software (noise reduction, low cut, de-esser...etc).

Response to Hiring an "Audiophile" 2012-10-01 20:26:20

Wait, can Audiophiles clean up Audio Files? Cause if they can, I could still hire one to do that!

Response to Hiring an "Audiophile" 2012-10-01 20:28:55

At 10/1/12 08:26 PM, DingoWalleyStudio wrote: Wait, can Audiophiles clean up Audio Files? Cause if they can, I could still hire one to do that!

an "audiophile" doesnt necessarily know how to manipulate audio you dingus.

either way, the answer is no its impossible to make a shitty recording of something sound decent.

Response to Hiring an "Audiophile" 2012-10-01 23:19:48

At 10/1/12 08:26 PM, DingoWalleyStudio wrote: Wait, can Audiophiles clean up Audio Files? Cause if they can, I could still hire one to do that!

what is your setup? mike, DAW, sequencers, preamp

what kind of music are you recording?

do you have the low quality stuff you've recorded up anywhere? here, bc, sc?

Response to Hiring an "Audiophile" 2012-10-02 03:27:56

go watch ricepirate's recording tutorial, record your lines again and then PM me if they sound okay

p.s. i am gay

Response to Hiring an "Audiophile" 2012-10-02 05:42:54

Hi Dingo, an "Audiophile" from what I understand is a state of mind as opposed to the profession "Sound Engineer", which is what you're looking for.

I'm interested in helping with whatever audio issues you have, PM'd.

Response to Hiring an "Audiophile" 2012-10-02 06:27:49

An audiophile is a person with a strong interest in high-quality sound (usually music) reproduction. To sum up a bit, an audiophile is a person who spend thousands on special edition vinyls that are pressed on a more resistant material that is advertised to have more quality, spend thousands on 3-4 speakers setup just to compare the recordings of same piano concerto, one recorded in 1982, the other recorded in 1994 and tell you "the '82 version has more analog warmth".

Probably the closest definition of what you need is a sound engineer.
Files can be cleaned but you have to understand that you can't put quality where wasn't in the first place. Shortly, GIGO, so, you should struggle to get the best you can from the first step.

Also, you still didn't identified the problems, which is the first step in fixing those.