Any good sugestions?

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to 8-16 Bit Vsts Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 01:44 AM Reply

At 9/30/12 12:51 AM, BB-7 wrote: Any good sugestions?

For 8 bit you should try out Musagi. It's really cool software that can create all kinds of sounds. For more complex sounds inspired by that 8-16bit you can play around with Massive by NI or get FM8 which is an FM synthesiser used in many retro games.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out!
Veteran REAPER user.

galdrag
galdrag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 8-16 Bit Vsts Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 09:54 AM Reply

Quadrasid and PlastiCZ from ReFX :)

At 9/30/12 01:44 AM, MetalRenard wrote:
For 8 bit you should try out Musagi. It's really cool software that can create all kinds of sounds. For more complex sounds inspired by that 8-16bit you can play around with Massive by NI or get FM8 which is an FM synthesiser used in many retro games.
MustelaMatt
MustelaMatt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to 8-16 Bit Vsts Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 01:42 PM Reply

depending on what you are after and what software you are writting on its pretty simple to program/modify an inbuilt synth yourself

We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. And you know why? Because we are so... very... pretty - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

BBS Signature
AndretheXLR8R
AndretheXLR8R
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to 8-16 Bit Vsts Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 04:18 PM Reply

An amazing easy to work with vst for 8bit is Chipsounds by Plogue. its only like 90 bucks or you can of course torrent. If by 16 bit you mean 16bit system like SNES, then you just need a soundfont player and some sound fonts from whatever SNES games you like, for example megaman x, castlevania, zelda, etc.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to 8-16 Bit Vsts Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 05:01 PM Reply

At 9/30/12 04:18 PM, AndretheXLR8R wrote: An amazing easy to work with vst for 8bit is Chipsounds by Plogue. its only like 90 bucks or you can of course torrent. If by 16 bit you mean 16bit system like SNES, then you just need a soundfont player and some sound fonts from whatever SNES games you like, for example megaman x, castlevania, zelda, etc.

Yes! Plogue make excellent software. Chipsounds was used in the Portal 2 OST (what a brilliant soundtrack it was too, the way the music adapted to everything you do and it was all written so perfectly...)!

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out!
Veteran REAPER user.

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to 8-16 Bit Vsts Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 05:27 PM Reply

I can't even believe people fucking PAYING for chiptune VST or samples.

Woolyss http://woolyss.com/chipmusic.php is a reliable sources for everyone. Plogue and PlastiCZ are nowhere close to real samples.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to 8-16 Bit Vsts Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 9/30/12 05:27 PM, Computer112 wrote: I can't even believe people fucking PAYING for chiptune VST or samples.

To name but two, for ease of use and for sound quality. If you want "real" chiptune be my guest and find an actual chip to make your own, but to be honest, it's probably easier, cheaper and sounds better to buy Plogue's software. Besides, many alternatives were mentioned (like Musagi), the paid ones are just an option, plus the paid ones often accomplish many more diverse tasks too, like Massive that can be used to make all kinds of electronic music.

Veteran REAPER user.

AndretheXLR8R
AndretheXLR8R
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to 8-16 Bit Vsts Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 10:36 PM Reply

yeah it sounds great and is less of a pain to work with compared to many of the other vsts if you arent a sound design buff. I also have a midiNES and honestly barely ever touch it anymore except for live use which is rly fun but a pain to record with. depends on how serious you wanna get into this, theres a free trial for plogue chipsounds on their website.