New Topic Respond to this Topic
silentpain123
silentpain123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
What program should I use(Beginner) Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 01:22 PM Reply

Well, I'm good at drawing on a paper. But, I wanna try out my skills on digital art. I just wanna give a try since almost everyone is in to it. ^~^ I hope I get some good ones. :D
(Here's some work I can do on paper. I just wanna show you guys. Tell me what you think about it?)
~Peace out

What program should I use(Beginner)

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to What program should I use(Beginner) Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 01:40 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 01:22 PM, silentpain123 wrote: Well, I'm good at drawing on a paper. But, I wanna try out my skills on digital art. I just wanna give a try since almost everyone is in to it. ^~^ I hope I get some good ones. :D
(Here's some work I can do on paper. I just wanna show you guys. Tell me what you think about it?)
~Peace out

Well, since you do seem to have some drawing skill, which I suggest you continue to practice those skills, I guess the next move should be to Photoshop or GIMP

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to What program should I use(Beginner) Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 06:33 PM Reply

I highly recommend starting with MS Paint. Having even basic knowledge of color coding in HTML, and learning how to manipulate swatches and color palettes will help you when you decide to move on to better programs.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to What program should I use(Beginner) Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 06:43 PM Reply

There are some useful links in the Wiki ...check art101 too.

silentpain123
silentpain123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What program should I use(Beginner) Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 09:35 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 06:33 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I highly recommend starting with MS Paint. Having even basic knowledge of color coding in HTML, and learning how to manipulate swatches and color palettes will help you when you decide to move on to better programs.

Thanks for the advice. You think I should use MyPaint after getting better at MS Paint?

Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to What program should I use(Beginner) Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 09:53 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 09:35 PM, silentpain123 wrote:
At 9/29/12 06:33 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I highly recommend starting with MS Paint. Having even basic knowledge of color coding in HTML, and learning how to manipulate swatches and color palettes will help you when you decide to move on to better programs.
Thanks for the advice. You think I should use MyPaint after getting better at MS Paint?

no i think MS paint is a really bad idea, learning the tool won't help you with painting.... learning color theory will help you with painting. If you're going to use a free software use Gimp or something with actual tools and isn't limited to hell.

My Artsy Thread
Current top 3 forum artists

Fersteger /Flowers10 / ZaneZansorrow

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to What program should I use(Beginner) Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 09:56 PM Reply

MS Paint is really a terrible program with minimal capabilities. You'll be best off switching to Photoshop (great all around program, super versatile, industry standard), GIMP (popular free alternative), Corel Painter (not quite as versatile as photoshop, but good for painting), or my personal favorite ArtRage (inexpensive, imitates traditional media super well).

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
silentpain123
silentpain123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What program should I use(Beginner) Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 08:58 AM Reply

At 9/29/12 09:53 PM, Lucky wrote:
At 9/29/12 09:35 PM, silentpain123 wrote:
no i think MS paint is a really bad idea, learning the tool won't help you with painting.... learning color theory will help you with painting. If you're going to use a free software use Gimp or something with actual tools and isn't limited to hell.

Haha, I noticed. MS Paint doesn't have much drawing tools. MyPaint is better. I haven't tried GIMP though. I'm gonna try and download it. I wanna give it a try. And uh... What are some good tablets?

silentpain123
silentpain123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What program should I use(Beginner) Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 08:59 AM Reply

At 9/29/12 06:43 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: There are some useful links in the Wiki ...check art101 too.

Thanks! That was really helpful. :D