New Topic Respond to this Topic
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to what runined a gaming series? Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 11:32 AM Reply

At 9/29/12 08:50 AM, darkjam wrote: for me it's those fucking rabbids. why did they have to be introduced to rayman. if they weren't in there i can garuntee you that life would have been a million times better those fucking bastard rabbits can go get raped and molested

At least Rayman has been redeeming himself. Origins is an excellent game and I expect more from Legends. These are the games they should have made long ago.

Also, my input on the thread's matter - Silent Hill, because Konami. :P Tried playing Homecoming and I don't even want to look at this franchise again, unless it's the first three games.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

DELUCA2400
DELUCA2400
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to what runined a gaming series? Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 9/30/12 11:09 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote:
At 9/29/12 10:14 PM, DELUCA2400 wrote: I hated how they made the Jak and Daxter series darker and alot like GTA and not the fun little platformer that it was. The same can be said for Sonic.
Especially with such dark games as Colors and Generations.
Owait.

Well Sega got it right with colors and generations after about 10 years. I was talking about when they added shadow to the series and sonic unleashed.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to what runined a gaming series? Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 9/30/12 11:14 AM, Mr-Shark wrote: Resident Evil 4 ruined the series for me, hated it.

That's the first time I've read/heard somebody say they hated RE4. I thought it was good.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to what runined a gaming series? Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 04:31 PM Reply

The Warcraft series was ruined when it turned into the awful MMORPG that is World of Warcraft.

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
DingoWalleyStudio
DingoWalleyStudio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to what runined a gaming series? Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 11:33 PM, Aci6 wrote: Giving Banjo-Threeie that ridiculous car addition and making it all customisable. They did it simply because they didn't want Banjo Kazooie to be 'more of the same' but I'm positive it would have been more well received if they'd kept it that way, just added more features etc. Still enjoyed the game but thought it was a stake in the heart of a great series.

Awwww man, you already beat me to it. But yes, this. Plus, the fact that they just completely deconstructed everything that was fun about Banjo-Kazooie (In the beginning, for example). That was basically what went wrong with the Banjo-Kazooie Franchise.

Verspar
Verspar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to what runined a gaming series? Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 07:51 PM Reply

Take everything you already make without guns and add guns to it.

Rare games, Shadow the Hedgehog, Jak and Daxter

Games that went through a drastic mood change

Jak and Daxter, a few Sonic Games, Conker (a rated E and a rated M game)

Games that become a powerful franchise, but runs on a story that stops dead

What will ever happen to Metroid without Metroids? Will there be a clone of Zebes?

Game who uses their characters like memes

I love rabbids, but they've been multiplying like rabbids.

Story based games that are losing their story touch

Final Fantasy are lacking recently

and 100% what ruins a game series is when the game is no longer about the game, but about the game formula!
pic related

what runined a gaming series?

TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to what runined a gaming series? Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 08:33 PM Reply

Sonic wasn't ruined by fanboys, but Sega's constant attempts to appeal to the fanboys (See: Cream and that dreadful Shadow the Hedgehog shooter game)

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature
mayon8
mayon8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to what runined a gaming series? Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 06:30 AM Reply

Resident Evil 4 ruined the series for me, hated it.
That's the first time I've read/heard somebody say they hated RE4. I thought it was good

Re4 Gets alot of shit from the Resident evil fans, not what there used to. I liked Re4 as well, and i like ORC.

Goth Forever

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to what runined a gaming series? Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 02:35 PM Reply

(See: Cream and that dreadful Shadow the Hedgehog shooter game)
it wasn't that bad

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like. // #FREEAMA2014

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to what runined a gaming series? Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 02:51 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 10:42 AM, Squidbit wrote: Jade Cocoon 2. Why couldn't they have made it like the first one?

I enjoyed both, the second game had a lot of character and magic in it's game world, you must admit.

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to what runined a gaming series? Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 02:52 PM Reply

At 10/1/12 06:30 AM, mayon8 wrote:
Resident Evil 4 ruined the series for me, hated it.
That's the first time I've read/heard somebody say they hated RE4. I thought it was good
Re4 Gets alot of shit from the Resident evil fans, not what there used to. I liked Re4 as well, and i like ORC.

Games like Resident Evil 4 and Final Fantasy 7 are unique in that, they are amazing games (I would say classics even) yet at the same time they single handedly ruined their series.

BBS Signature
Freaki-boy92
Freaki-boy92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to what runined a gaming series? Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 03:27 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 10:50 AM, simon wrote:
At 9/29/12 10:48 AM, darkjam wrote: how? shadows a boss and cream doesn't really bother me, but silver i understand
Because it was the creation of all these stupid new characters that was Sonic's downfall.

not really- the characters are stupid, yes, but nobody would give even half a shit if the games were still as good as back in the day. they're not nearly as good, which is the problem

however, sonic colours and generations were both apparently a step in the right direction, and i've played 4, and while it's not gonna set the world on fire, it is at least an attempt to get back to the old ways. in short, sega are saving their flagship franchise.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to what runined a gaming series? Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 03:28 PM Reply

Other M I swear if future metroid games have the pisspoor level of story telling and character development as this one did I'm not touching another metroid game gameplay wise it was mediocre i had more fun with the 3rd prime game.

Tenchu ruined itself with a barrage of games ranging from repetitive mediocrity- pure garbage.

TLO Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon and Skylanders. So pretty much Activision killed spyro for me.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to what runined a gaming series? Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 03:34 PM Reply

At 9/30/12 07:51 PM, Verspar wrote: Take everything you already make without guns and add guns to it.
Rare games, Shadow the Hedgehog, Jak and Daxter

But for Jak and Daxter the addition of guns amongst other things made gameplay alot less repetitive.

and 100% what ruins a game series is when the game is no longer about the game, but about the game formula!
pic related

The game formula doesn't bother me if the games are still fun to play.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
mayon8
mayon8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to what runined a gaming series? Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 08:50 PM Reply

At 10/1/12 02:52 PM, FallenMartyr wrote:
Games like Resident Evil 4 and Final Fantasy 7 are unique in that, they are amazing games (I would say classics even) yet at the same time they single handedly ruined their series.

Im gonna have to disagree with you there, I think that Re5 ruined the series

Goth Forever

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to what runined a gaming series? Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 09:28 PM Reply

Game developers trying to appeal to a "larger demographic" that completely changes up the gameplay but counts asa direct sequel rather than a spin-off.

Game developers handing their beloved franchise to someone else, most of the time less capable than themselves.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
ManDeep
ManDeep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to what runined a gaming series? Oct. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:19 AM Reply

At 9/29/12 10:50 AM, simon wrote:
At 9/29/12 10:48 AM, darkjam wrote: how? shadows a boss and cream doesn't really bother me, but silver i understand
Because it was the creation of all these stupid new characters that was Sonic's downfall.

Perhaps because the general public thought that sonic games sucked in general and weren't worth buying.

Mr-Shark
Mr-Shark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to what runined a gaming series? Oct. 2nd, 2012 @ 08:14 PM Reply

At 9/30/12 04:31 PM, Mismo wrote: The Warcraft series was ruined when it turned into the awful MMORPG that is World of Warcraft.

^^ So true, my god do I miss the classic warcraft games. Always hope for WC4 right? ( No there isn't)

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to what runined a gaming series? Oct. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:55 PM Reply

Well when a series makes more games yet the original designers are not on thelater series, it just takes alot away from it.

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature