New Topic Respond to this Topic
Phonomancer
Phonomancer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Good new place to submit dubstep... Sep. 28th, 2012 @ 10:55 PM Reply

There's a new site, The People's Dubstep, where you can submit tracks to be voted on and featured on the front page. It's kinda like Newgrounds but with just electronic music. Anyways, it's brand new, so if you post it's highly likely you'll get feedback. Just make a topic with a SoundCloud link or whatever. They're looking for moderators too, so if you're an amateur producer wanting recognition, there's the place to do it. You have to make an account. but it's quick and painless.

Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Good new place to submit dubstep... Sep. 28th, 2012 @ 11:31 PM Reply

At 9/28/12 10:55 PM, Phonomancer wrote: It's kinda like Newgrounds but with just dubstep.

Electronic music is not all dubstep.

ಠ_à²

HyperTrough
HyperTrough
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Good new place to submit dubstep... Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 09:19 AM Reply

At 9/28/12 11:31 PM, Blackhole12 wrote:
At 9/28/12 10:55 PM, Phonomancer wrote: It's kinda like Newgrounds but with just dubstep.
Electronic music is not all dubstep.

à ² _à ²

yes it iz omg. stop living in the past~!!!!!1 >:(

lol fuk u

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Good new place to submit dubstep... Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 03:10 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 09:19 AM, HyperTrough wrote: stop living in the past

Dubstep IS the past already. You're getting old, like me...

Phonomancer
Phonomancer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Good new place to submit dubstep... Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 06:59 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 03:10 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 9/29/12 09:19 AM, HyperTrough wrote: stop living in the past
Dubstep IS the past already. You're getting old, like me...

I know that.. it's just called The People's Dubstep because that's the main genre. You can submit anything, and anything can get featured.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Good new place to submit dubstep... Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 07:14 PM Reply

FUCK DUBSTEP. F>EFLAREKOWEPRKGAREOKGAERPOGKERAPOKGE

lel

Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Good new place to submit dubstep... Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 07:29 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 06:59 PM, Phonomancer wrote: I know that.. it's just called The People's Dubstep because that's the main genre. You can submit anything, and anything can get featured.

But the only thing that will actually get featured will be dubstep.

Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Good new place to submit dubstep... Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 07:34 PM Reply

Also I like how you talk about the website in third-person even though its obviously made by you, and run by you, and managed by you.

Also, it completely sucks, because its running on a forum, and probably isn't even automated in the slightest, which means by definition it will completely and utterly fail, because the only reason anything like this ever works is because of automation so you can handle thousands of incoming songs, and so its easy for people to vote on a song. Do you really think anyone is going to bother replying to a topic just to rate a song? That's insane. Try harder next time.

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Good new place to submit dubstep... Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 08:00 PM Reply

Make a free website at Webs.com

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
johnfn
johnfn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Good new place to submit dubstep... Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 10:32 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 07:34 PM, Blackhole12 wrote: Also I like how you talk about the website in third-person even though its obviously made by you, and run by you, and managed by you.

Also, it completely sucks, because its running on a forum, and probably isn't even automated in the slightest, which means by definition it will completely and utterly fail, because the only reason anything like this ever works is because of automation so you can handle thousands of incoming songs, and so its easy for people to vote on a song. Do you really think anyone is going to bother replying to a topic just to rate a song? That's insane. Try harder next time.

Ah, classic Newgrounds. Everyone hates everything. This reminds me WHY I HATE THIS PLACE SO MUCH.

that was a joke

Now let's calm down with the attacks and ramp up the constructive criticism a little. Sound good?

To the OP, I was impressed by your site. It looks good. Calling it dubstep *may* (will) be a little exclusive of other electronic genres, and you should look into that. If you're looking for ways to improve it, try adding a filter-by-genre feature. Also, I'd really like playlists. Do you think you can do that?

[6,11,4,10,2,10,-68,5,15,-68,16,4 ,1,-68,-2,1,15,16,-67].map(function(v){ return String.fromCharCode(v + 100) }).join(""); // updated for web 2.0!

BBS Signature
Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Good new place to submit dubstep... Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 12:10 AM Reply

At 9/29/12 10:32 PM, johnfn wrote: Now let's calm down with the attacks and ramp up the constructive criticism a little. Sound good?

He must automate the site and include a sane method of voting on songs before anything else happens. End of story.

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Good new place to submit dubstep... Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 06:51 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 07:14 PM, Sequenced wrote: FUCK DUBSTEP. F>EFLAREKOWEPRKGAREOKGAERPOGKERAPOKGE

You should try 2-step country metal.

Or glitch hop, or dub, or garage, or drumst-

Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound