New Topic Respond to this Topic
GiuseppeCiampa8
GiuseppeCiampa8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 02:26 PM Reply

I am looking for a programmer to help me create a roguelike. Is there anyone to help me?

But here said that it also speaks of Actionscript!

Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 9/27/12 02:26 PM, GiuseppeCiampa8 wrote: I am looking for a programmer to help me create a roguelike. Is there anyone to help me?

That's pretty vague. You might get more hits if you specify what platform you're targeting and maybe some features that you'd like to include.

To protect the world from devastation.
kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
GiuseppeCiampa8
GiuseppeCiampa8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 28th, 2012 @ 06:46 PM Reply

The game is similar to The Binding Of Isaac: the levels are random, each room must first beat the enemies to go to another, if you destroy some objects may have upgrades such as hearts which restore a bit of HP, invincibility, triple shot, and speed that last 10 seconds, you have to beat a boss to complete the level and if you die you have to start from the beginning.

Diki
Diki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 28th, 2012 @ 06:51 PM Reply

What will be your role in the project?
Is this a paid position? If so how much?
Is there anyone else beside yourself currently working on this?
Has any progress yet been made?

You'll have a better chance of finding someone if you provide information such as those. The more information you provide the better.

GiuseppeCiampa8
GiuseppeCiampa8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 08:56 AM Reply

I have the role of designer. At the moment no one is still working on Empowerment Website Project. The Empowerment Website Project would be a fantasy game about a kidnapped princess from an evil king, and a wooden boy tries to save her, addressing various monsters.

Momo-the-Monkey
Momo-the-Monkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 09:49 AM Reply

At 9/29/12 08:56 AM, GiuseppeCiampa8 wrote: I have the role of designer. At the moment no one is still working on Empowerment Website Project. The Empowerment Website Project would be a fantasy game about a kidnapped princess from an evil king, and a wooden boy tries to save her, addressing various monsters.

So what you're saying is, you don't do anything but provide ideas, and no, this won't be a paid position. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from your answers that is what it sounds like. You have also provided very little information on the actual game itself. What platform is this for? Has any progress been made on the project yet (I am assuming the answer is no)? Do you have a timeframe? Can we see examples of what you're looking for (i.e. artwork or drawing board sketches or a text mockup)?

In all honesty though, not too many people are going to be interested if it is an unpaid position or a position paid through free advertisement on your site, or something like that.

Hello, from the past!
[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature
GiuseppeCiampa8
GiuseppeCiampa8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 02:39 PM Reply

The game is for PC, is a shooter and is called "THE LEGEND OF KALI" and is about a boy made âEU<âEU<of wood (very similar to Deku Link) which attempts to save the princess from an evil Kali king named Victor. The gameplay is very similar to The Binding Of Isaac (I already explained in a comment), but with a twist: there are some objects (rocks, pots, and plants, etc..) That let you crush an upgrade. The enhancement lasts 10 seconds and are:
-l'invincibilità that makes the player immune to damage and makes shooting more bullets and faster (is an enhancement very rare);
-Power of the ghost that can give the player the possibility of over-passing the walls;
Triple-shot that the player can fire three shots at once (a shot is fired forward, although the other two on the right and left);
-Power of the damage it can inflict twice the doppo enemies;
-Ka-boom, which spawns an explosion that destroys all enemies (this is also a strengthening rare);
Super speed increases three times the speed of the player.
The levels are:
Forest-Awakening, the first level set in a forest and explain to the player commands;
-Dark Caves, a level set in the depths of caves;
-Royal Gardens, set in the gardens of the Vicktor's castle ;
-Vicktor's Castle, which is the ultimate goal of the game. Here you must find and defeat Vicktor and save Kali.
The commands are:
W, A, S, D: the player moves.
Space bar: the character shoots seconded where the character looks.
I hope I have explained enough. However, I stand corrected: I'm not the designer, but the artist / animator, and now I'm working on the graphics and sprites.

Diki
Diki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 03:47 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 02:39 PM, GiuseppeCiampa8 wrote: The game is for PC

What is your target release platform? Steam? Your own website? Something else?
Since this is posted in the Programming Forum does that mean you won't be using Flash? Which game engine do you intend to use for development?

At 9/29/12 02:39 PM, GiuseppeCiampa8 wrote: I hope I have explained enough. However, I stand corrected: I'm not the designer, but the artist / animator, and now I'm working on the graphics and sprites.

You should post examples of the art you've created for the game so far. Right now it just sounds like this was an idea that someone thought up over lunch and has not been thoroughly planned.

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 03:47 PM, Diki wrote: What is your target release platform? Steam? Your own website? Something else?
Since this is posted in the Programming Forum does that mean you won't be using Flash? Which game engine do you intend to use for development?

The language was my first question :P

You should post examples of the art you've created for the game so far. Right now it just sounds like this was an idea that someone thought up over lunch and has not been thoroughly planned.

What would you consider to be a thoroughly planned game?

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
Diki
Diki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 04:11 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 04:05 PM, egg82 wrote: What would you consider to be a thoroughly planned game?

Something that has a design document like this or this (though, in my opinion, those are a bit terse, but they still work).

GiuseppeCiampa8
GiuseppeCiampa8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 04:19 PM Reply

The target release platform is Steam. The graphics engine is Macromedia Flash 8.

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 04:19 PM, GiuseppeCiampa8 wrote: The graphics engine is Macromedia Flash 8.

What do you mean by that?
Also, you realize this is the programming forum and not the flash forum, correct?

And thanks, Diki. That'll help to see what i'm still missing :P

BBS Signature
Diki
Diki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 04:19 PM, GiuseppeCiampa8 wrote: The target release platform is Steam. The graphics engine is Macromedia Flash 8.

Flash isn't an engine.
Flixel and FlashPunk are engines that run on Flash. You'll need to use something like that.

And since you're going to be developing this in Flash then you're in the wrong forum.

GiuseppeCiampa8
GiuseppeCiampa8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 05:38 PM Reply

Then do this: with Macromedia Flash 8 do the graphics with FlashPunk I program the game. OK? But that put them to make the script then on Macromedia Flash 8 if you do not use to make games?

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 06:23 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 05:38 PM, GiuseppeCiampa8 wrote: Then do this: with Macromedia Flash 8 do the graphics with FlashPunk I program the game. OK? But that put them to make the script then on Macromedia Flash 8 if you do not use to make games?

I use a program called FlashDevelop to make flash games.
I (like many) use SWCs to import all graphical objects, and I don't think Macromedia's Flash 8 has that capability.

You kinda put yourself into a corner when you use older software and scripting languages to create programs.

BBS Signature
GiuseppeCiampa8
GiuseppeCiampa8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 06:43 PM Reply

You know how to use the script?

Diki
Diki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 08:40 PM Reply

At 9/29/12 05:38 PM, GiuseppeCiampa8 wrote: Then do this: with Macromedia Flash 8 do the graphics with FlashPunk I program the game.

So you're a programmer as well as the artist?
And you don't "do the graphics with FlashPunk". It's a game engine, not some sort of graphics API or something. It will have the ability to programmatically manage graphics, such as elegantly swapping depths or skewing, but that's it. Don't confuse it for something like the Starling Framework.

At 9/29/12 05:38 PM, GiuseppeCiampa8 wrote: OK? But that put them to make the script then on Macromedia Flash 8 if you do not use to make games?

You shouldn't be using the Flash IDE for coding; it is a terrible coding IDE. Use Flash for producing art/animations, use something like FlashDevelop (as egg82 mentioned) for coding.
You especially shouldn't be using Flash 8 for coding since it's 7 years old, and has no support for AS3.

At 9/29/12 06:43 PM, GiuseppeCiampa8 wrote: You know how to use the script?

What do you mean by "the script"? Are you referring to ActionScript?

GiuseppeCiampa8
GiuseppeCiampa8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 06:09 AM Reply

Yes.

GiuseppeCiampa8
GiuseppeCiampa8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 09:42 AM Reply

I changed my mind, the platform is Newgrounds.

Momo-the-Monkey
Momo-the-Monkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 10:04 AM Reply

At 10/1/12 09:42 AM, GiuseppeCiampa8 wrote: I changed my mind, the platform is Newgrounds.

Newgrounds is not a platform. Read about platforms here.

If you are planning to create this game in Flash or Actionscript, then I would suggest to take your question over to the Flash Forum where they might be able to work with you. You might also want to try the Collaboration Forum.

Hello, from the past!
[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature
GiuseppeCiampa8
GiuseppeCiampa8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 02:07 PM Reply

Ok, thanks.

DonKeeling
DonKeeling
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 01:57 PM Reply

At 9/27/12 02:26 PM, GiuseppeCiampa8 wrote: I am looking for a programmer to help me create a roguelike. Is there anyone to help me?

I have been programming for 30 years. My company is here: www.keelingconsulting.com. The languages I specialize in are vb.net, C#.net, Ansi C, C++, Perl, ASP.net, SQL Server. Let me know what you have in mind.

Thanks,
Don Keeling

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 01:57 PM, DonKeeling wrote: I have been programming for 30 years. My company is here: www.keelingconsulting.com. The languages I specialize in are vb.net, C#.net, Ansi C, C++, Perl, ASP.net, SQL Server. Let me know what you have in mind.

from what he's stated, I can assume he eventually wants to submit the game no Newgrounds. Since NG only takes .swf format (shockwave flash), I unfortunately doubt you have the necessary qualifications for the job.

I also assume he's a complete beginner to the game development industry and most likely doesn't have enough money to pay you for your services.

but that's just me making a whole bunch of assumptions, so if that's wrong then just ignore me :P

BBS Signature
Mownkey
Mownkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to I'm looking a programmer. Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 05:26 PM Reply

This whole thread is a joke. This OP kiddo has no idea what he's doing. He already made a dozens of threads in other forums asking for someone to help him with his game, although we did tell him a bajillion of times, he should make a thread in the Collaboration forum. Whatever, he is either a troll or just a dumb kid.