Be a Supporter!
Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Stipple Lines Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 10:21 PM Reply

Another weird thing that's started happening with CS5.5 (go figure) is that the stipple line type causes flash to get laggy and ultimately crash if there's more than two or three lines on the screen.

At first, I couldn't figure out what was going on, but I finally narrowed it down to this.

Google was no help, has anyone else out there encountered this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Stipple Lines

...the four right chords can make me cry
Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature
DannyDaNinja
DannyDaNinja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Game Developer
Response to Stipple Lines Oct. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:46 AM Reply

Yeah, I think stippled lines just do randomly generated dots, and because they're so diverse it means it's more for Flash to remember. But it definitely shouldn't be lagging after a few lines :\

You sure you want to use stippled lines? Maybe if you can't fix it you should just use some alternative.

Trying to post in topics that have no replies. Trust me it's a horrible feeling when nobody replies to your topic :{

Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Response to Stipple Lines Oct. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:15 AM Reply

At 10/2/12 03:46 AM, DannyDaNinja wrote: Yeah, I think stippled lines just do randomly generated dots, and because they're so diverse it means it's more for Flash to remember. But it definitely shouldn't be lagging after a few lines :\

You sure you want to use stippled lines? Maybe if you can't fix it you should just use some alternative.

I did have to find an alternative, the lag was unbearable. Still not sure why that of all things caused it, though.

...the four right chords can make me cry
Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature