Be a Supporter!
Metcm
Metcm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Worst video game. Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 06:34 PM Reply

What is the worst video game you ever played? Also explain why you think it's bad.

lumpyjor5808
lumpyjor5808
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 07:53 PM Reply

I do not absoulutely hate this game, but i'm not a fan of it, That game is Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Although the game is fun and i'll admit i've had a good time palying it, the drawbacks of the game really do start to annoy me, During the parts inside the tower of spirits you got to babysit a suit of armor thats half the speed of link, is afraid of mice, and sinks into sand. If thats not bad enough when your out and about your stuck to the train tracks, My fav part of Phantom Hourglass was the fun of exploring the sea without being tethered to a set route. Finding new places is far to easy, just follow new tracks. And some quests are really hard, Like trying to get armored bullet trains that follow you and are indestructble to de-rail into a dark pit. Yeah I blew up 4 times until i got it right. And the final boss was awkward at best and annoying at worst. You got to control link with normal controls and zelda with drawing a line which isnt all that easy when your being attacked by a giant blue goat man thing. Also the Duets with the lokomos were generally easy, but due to some crappy coding on the duet with Embrose the 4th lokomo, it's so touchy you can't touch the screen while he is playing, AND you must be in a completly silent room or its gonna count as a fail. Although the drawbacks of spirit tracks are annoying, it's still a fun game, and a good time killer. But i don't reccommend it to people who are prone to raging.

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 07:58 PM Reply

Final Fantasy: Dirge of Cerberus.

Shameless franchise-milking from start to finish. And if that wasn't bad enough, what little original content it brought to the table wasn't even remotely well thought through. Completely destroyed my faith in Square-Enix's ability to make games.

lumpyjor5808
lumpyjor5808
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 08:22 PM Reply

At 9/24/12 07:58 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Final Fantasy: Dirge of Cerberus.

Shameless franchise-milking from start to finish. And if that wasn't bad enough, what little original content it brought to the table wasn't even remotely well thought through. Completely destroyed my faith in Square-Enix's ability to make games.

Thats why i stopped playing that sad excuse of a game, Pretty much every Final Fantasy game in a nutshell is, Your a boy with some weird name that doesn't exist, you and your friends with other weird names come along, and you go to find crystals to restore the hope and get rid of darkness. Thats pretty much, every game.
And can they NOT think of new titles? ITs ridicouls when you need 4 or 5 roman numerals to show what number it is...

Although I'm a fan of pokemon I really think the plots could be better. Again its the same thing 99% of the time, your some 12 year old kid, who shoves creatures into tiny balls (LOL?), force them to fight in what is basically legalized cock fights (LOL AGAIN!) And take down some terrorist group that wears ridicoulous outfits, and are bent on world domination (Minus team plazma). That and combat could use some SLIGHT work, as it's incredibly frustrating when you got that legendary pokemon on 1 hp, is paralyzed/asleep, and your using an ultra ball and you STILL can't catch the little ba****d.....

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 10:17 PM Reply

That game was a huge black eye on the face of Final Fantasy. But in the end it was just a normal slightly below average game and wouldn't have upset anyone had it not been made by Square.

But really, Superman 64.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 01:32 PM Reply

My initial experience of playing that game

Starts game up "This looks good."
5 minutes later "This animation is very nice."
10 minutes later "I wonder if I will get to play soon."
15 minutes later "Seriously I want to play, I watched Advent Children I don't need another movie."
20 minutes later "Oh nice I get to play, this gameplay is quite nice and fun actually I enjoy it.
21 minutes later "Oh ffs another movie."
30 minutes later "Seriously let me play"

3/4 of the entire game is cutscenes. The gameplay is nice, but seriously it's meant to be a fucking game. Even Final Fantasy 13 had a lot more gameplay than this even at the start with the overabundance of cutscenes.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
mjfan97
mjfan97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 02:24 PM Reply

On PS3 for me it's Naughty Bear. I fucking loathe that game, every single second of playing it I hated it. I got the platinum a year ago and I will never go back to it. Shitty camera, repetitive gameplay, incredibly unreasonable platinum times, tacked-on multiplayer, the AI is beyond retarded and half the game just lags like hell which makes it hard to see what is even happening on screen. The worst part is that there is a sequel coming out and I have no choice but to play it, just out of curiosity and then the completionist in me will be inclined to waste my time trying to get the platinum cups again. Instead of spending my time playing good games.

The worst game for me on the PS2 is Terminator 3: the Rise of the Machines. I just got so fed-up with it that I entered a cheat code to skip to the end. Oh, and it sucked too. A lot of people say that the Sniper 2 is the worst game on the PS2 but it isn't that bad. It's one of those so bad it's good kind of games, atleast it's somewhat playable and I get a good laugh out of playing it. The people who programmed, designed, developed etc. this game must of known it would be hilariously bad so they probably just didn't care.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 04:03 PM Reply

At 9/24/12 06:34 PM, Metcm wrote: What is the worst video game you ever played? Also explain why you think it's bad.

i dont remember every game ive ever played, but the one that i remember for the absolute bad taste it left me with is "the witcher EE" , i already made a thread talking about it a few months ago, but to summarize :
incredibly dull and annoying battle system, with no considerable magic to speak of (although the game technically has magic you cant use spells more than a couple of times in a battle), so the battles consist in just clicking your enemies with your mouse (and somehow, they managed to make that thing annoying by making you press and maintain the mouse in a dull repetitive sequence)
there are like 3 npc models repeated shamelessly
bad and bland voice acting, it was almost like that program that you write stuff down and a computer voice says it

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 04:46 PM Reply

I was actually preparing to play Dragon Age 2. I kind of forgot why I didn't like the game...but then it hit me. This is of recent memory.

-The combat is a flailing mess where BioWare tried to straddle the line between old-fashioned PCRPG and console-style action-RPG, and they failed miserably on both accounts. Combat does look more interesting, but it's so over-the-top that it just doesn't suit Dragon Age. Oh and the challenge was removed from the first one and nightmare was a complete joke.

-The story is painfully disjointed, with the first part of the game a deliberate set of fetch-quests, the second the most complete but completely unrelated, and the third a rushed mess which really just makes you want to quit playing the game.

-The characters, which are much of the reason for playing a BioWare game, turned out pretty bad this go around. Characters are generally pretty flat, and while you can predict how they will respond pretty easily, you predict them as gaming pieces rather than as persons. Romances are even worse, where every character is utterly confused, due in no small part to the way all four romance options are bisexual. They aren't written as bisexual characters but rather are simply forced into romances with any Hawke (can still reject them, but the characters are written out to have a relationship). I still remember the names from Origins, but the 2nd one...I can only remember Varric and...Merrill (the stupid pixie elf mage)?

-Speaking of characters and story, there's a healthy dose of retcon, so if you paid attention in Origins and Awakening, you're going to be fantastically confused with a lot of the things that happen. One character in particular is a complete retcon and is basically unrelated to the original character, and this will likely cause a problem if you are playing a diplomatic heterosexual male Hawke (which is probably ~40% of gamers the first time through). Also, there are tons of import bugs, but those are more related to poor save handling in Origins/Awakening rather than in DA2.

-The new dialogue wheel is wretch-worthy. Not only are the options frequently unrelated to what you actually say, there are frequently three dialogue options shoe-horned in when one or two of them hardly even makes sense (I'll never leave you, Get out of my house, and...I'm hungry? The hell?). The game then proceeds to open or close doors depending on how much of each dialogue option you've used, but it's so insignificant that you'd never notice if you didn't play through the game 3 times.

-Graphics are a mixed bag. The game runs poorly and doesn't look particularly good, and I rather detest the new visual style. According to the team that made DA 2, they were trying to go for a "water color" theme. Oh, you mean like GUILD WARS 2?! There are a lot of really obvious things done to save resources; for example, there are junk non-interactive characters dropped into areas which would look right at home on the N64. That said, the game doesn't always look totally terrible, it just doesn't look all that good.

-Asset re-use is a huge, huge problem. Walls are often just the same picture tiled over and over and over in a very, very obvious way, and there are only around 20 maps in the game which are each repeated 10-15 times. You'll see the same maps so many times over the course of a playthrough that you'll start to wonder whether you're in Kirkwall or the Twilight Zone.

Over all, decent game. I'll probably just force someone to play it because I just don't want to go through it...again. But anyway, probably Superman 64. Poor controls, terrible plot, horrible visuals, bad music, abysmal gameplay, shitty boss fights, horrendous ai, and laughable animations.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 04:53 PM Reply

There are already 5,000,000 threads for this. Is it really that hard to bump one of the existing ones?

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 04:58 PM Reply

Also, I haven't played it, but I dare anyone to find a shittier game than this.

This is arguably even worse than the original E.T Atari 2600 game. Yes, the one that they literally buried in the desert due to its shittiness. It's arguably WORSE than that.

I mean... WHY!?!?!? WHY would anyone in their right mind, and even those NOT in their right mind, release something that badly broken and incomplete?!? I just... don't... even... AH FUCK, MY BRAIN!

mjfan97
mjfan97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 05:46 PM Reply

At 9/25/12 04:58 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Also, I haven't played it, but I dare anyone to find a shittier game than this.

This is arguably even worse than the original E.T Atari 2600 game. Yes, the one that they literally buried in the desert due to its shittiness. It's arguably WORSE than that.

I mean... WHY!?!?!? WHY would anyone in their right mind, and even those NOT in their right mind, release something that badly broken and incomplete?!? I just... don't... even... AH FUCK, MY BRAIN!

Yeah, but that game is so broken it's not technically a game. You can't play it, you can't get pissed off with it, all you can do is mindlessly drive around and that isn't actually a game. There's no objectives that are able to be completed at all, you can't progress, you can't do anything in that game. The worst game ever is usually nailed down to 4 games: Bubsy 3D, Superman 64, Big Rigs (Which is so broken it isn't a game so there's no point putting it on this list), E.T. for the Atari 2600. I've never played any of those games but after seeing gameplay videos and reviews I don't ever want to.

The worst looks to be Superman 64. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to try to complete this game. It must be the most annoying thing you can attempt to do in your life. The worst game that I've ever played: Naughty Bear is heaven compared to Superman 64.

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 9/25/12 05:46 PM, mjfan97 wrote: Yeah, but that game is so broken it's not technically a game.

This raises a somewhat philosophical (and possibly rhetorical) question: If it's not a game, then what is it?

Exactly where people draw the line between a disjointed pile of pixels and a bad but nonetheless legitimate game is up to individual tastes I suppose. For me, Big Rigs was branded and sold as a game by the people that made it, so that's what I'm treating it as.

kmau
kmau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 06:32 PM Reply

Starfox Adventures. Almost everything about this game is horribly cringeworthy but at the same time I had fun playing it.. that's something only Rare can achieve.

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 09:42 PM Reply

There are many games I can list. But the most relevant one I can think of is Dragon's Dogma. It was boring, combat was okay, but mainly tedious, the inventory system and menu navigation was complete shit, and it just seemed like Capcop taking a show in the dark and hitting an elderly woman.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Freaki-boy92
Freaki-boy92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 01:01 PM Reply

At 9/24/12 07:57 PM, Protagonist wrote: Borderlands

give 5 good reasons why this game is worse than say... Stealth Force: the War on Terror, or Charlie's Angels. please.

bluh

Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 05:35 PM Reply

Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets for GBA.
I've said it before, I'll say it again. This is the worst piece of crap game I've ever had the displeasure of owning. I received it twice as a gift one Christmas. After stumbling through the first dungeon and finally figuring out how to get to Hogwarts, I was greeted by... like, one person, and couldn't find the next objective. I gave up after that.

I tried it again more recently, and restarted the game. I don't know where these idiots got the idea of making the fucking Gringorts bank a dungeon, but it fucking SUCKED. That's the problem with Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets games. They have bullshit dungeons. Gringorts is like a 2 minute stop even in the movie. Why bother making it a dungeon?

Much like the first playthrough, I got stuck after arriving at Hogwarts. I wandered around, looking for other students, dorms, hell even a pointer as to where I was supposed to go next. Eventually, I found some dungeon in the basement which was some sort of main quest. I put the game down after trying it for half an hour.

Chamber of Secrets for GBA is a game based off of a movie based off of a book. There is almost none of the original plot left, and all of the plot that they used was shoehorned into shitty dungeons and mini-games. If I want to play a collection of minigames, I'll do WarioWare. From what I've seen, the Chamber of Secrets console versions were shit too; the Whomping Willow was an entire dungeon on one.

I don't know how someone could fuck up a game this bad. Did they make a game based off of the movie trailer or something? How do you explain such a disaster?

Do not play this game.

Dora Revolution | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 05:42 PM Reply

Rage.

It's the most generic, mediocre first person shooter that I've ever played. The graphics are good but that's about it. I feel as if they were focusing on showing off the id Tech 5 engine and not on making a good game.

Crazywill
Crazywill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 11:49 AM Reply

Superman for the Nintendo 64. I rented it once, and it was awful. The controls were terrible, the story didn't make any sense, they limited Superman's abilities, the buildings were indestructible, the list of problems goes on. The graphics didn't really strike me as bad, but the music and sound design were pretty bad. None of the songs stick out in my memory. Last of all, the game was far too hard. They literally gave you no time to fly through rings. It's almost like the test thing for Star Fox, only you can't shoot anything.

Anyway, that is the worst video game I have ever had the pleasure of playing myself.

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 11:57 AM Reply

At 9/24/12 07:57 PM, Protagonist wrote: Borderlands

I personally thought the game was amazing, the DLC however is another story. Especially Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, what a tedious piece of shit that was. I actually feel bad for the people who paid money for it.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 9/25/12 04:58 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Also, I haven't played it, but I dare anyone to find a shittier game than this.

that gave was probably to make some fast money, between the low inversion and government incentives they surely made something (watch the movie "the producers")

aaand, there is also the chance that game was an operation to wash money

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

lumpyjor5808
lumpyjor5808
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 04:07 PM Reply

If it is taking place in elsywer, Then they might have to make child versions of khajiit, and possibly (if it applies) the ability to marry khajiit as they will be the majority there. Then again, who knows.

lumpyjor5808
lumpyjor5808
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 04:08 PM Reply

At 9/27/12 04:07 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: If it is taking place in elsywer, Then they might have to make child versions of khajiit, and possibly (if it applies) the ability to marry khajiit as they will be the majority there. Then again, who knows.

Ignore that post i put it on the wrong forum

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Worst video game. Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 04:43 PM Reply

Friday the Thirteenth for NES.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
jaws720
jaws720
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Worst video game. Oct. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:02 AM Reply

My vote is for Alf on the Sega Master System. I bought the game and finished it within 20 minutes of getting home. When you hit a certain snag, it ended the game because it only gave you one life. One instance, it said that you had to start over because you hit some obstacle.

Needless to say, it didnâEUTMt model the show and it looked like a drunk kid designed it in about 45 minutes.

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Worst video game. Oct. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:53 AM Reply

Without doubt, one of the worst games and shameless cash-ins of recent years.

D'oh!

Worst video game.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Crazywill
Crazywill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Worst video game. Oct. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:37 AM Reply

At 10/2/12 10:53 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Without doubt, one of the worst games and shameless cash-ins of recent years.

D'oh!

So wait, what? It's like Tony Hawk for Simpsons fans? I have never even heard of this game. Probably because I don't have a PS2. I did play their Hit and Run game, where you have to go and fight aliens. That game was pretty weird, and it did get somewhat irritating with their incessant comments, though I guess that is part of the charm or something.

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Movie Buff
Response to Worst video game. Oct. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:43 AM Reply

To be honest I have never really played any games that were truly horrible. I've managed well to stay away from them and mostly buy things that are actually worth the money.

I would say Cruis'N USA is the worst gameI own and have played through fully. It's not that it's a completely terrible game, but it had some big flaws like you could flatten trees, the collision physics made no sense, you could only proceed through the game if you won ALL the races and there just wasn't much to do. Even at the time there were much better racing games out already.

At 9/24/12 07:53 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: My fav part of Phantom Hourglass was the fun of exploring the sea without being tethered to a set route.

Speaking of which, the Temple of the Ocean King is arguably the most tedious video game level I've ever played through. And you had to get through it four times...

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 15 March 2014)

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Worst video game. Oct. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:56 AM Reply

I don't really want to admit it because it looked so damn cool and was actually fun, unlike a lot of racing games, but Ridge Racer 7's difficulty curve threw me off into almost not playing it anymore. I also hated Untold Legends' Dark Kingdom. It was generic, boring, and even the co-op was bad. It looked good for a PS3 launch title, though, but that was literally its only noteworthy point. It was just...SOOOOOO boring and generic. Also, I know I am going to take flack for this, but STFU and listen as to why this is:

I hate Street Fighter II, the original version and all of its clones and re-releases. The reason for this is that the game did NOT age well, and by today's standards, it's way too slow, and it's just boring. Now, before you start flaming me, it is pretty enjoyable for nostalgia's sake, but when I play modern fighting games, they're so much more enjoyable than Street Fighter II.

However, the absolute WORST game I ever had the displeasure of playing would have to be a little gem called Lunar: Dragon Song. Rehashed color-swapped NPCs, monsters, and a non-existent targeting system, AND taking damage for RUNNING of all things made this game terrible beyond belief. Also, the characters were boring and uninteresting, the plot was way too generic, and it was just a mess of a terrible game. It's even worse than the Sims 2 for DS.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to Worst video game. Oct. 2nd, 2012 @ 08:17 PM Reply

Courier Crisis. A bit like a mix of Crazy Taxi and Paperboy. What does sound like a great deal of fun is just a seriously fucked up game. Bad graphcis (and we are talking about "bad graphics, even for the PS1" here!), a fucked up collision detection (sometimes you can drive through cars, sometimes you get hit by air) and controls that are just shitty.

Here's a short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf8z4ffHd6Q (turn down the volume, the video is pretty loud)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)