00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dakale just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Female comedians

4,067 Views | 38 Replies

Female comedians 2012-09-23 16:44:46

can someone tell me a good female comedian, i cant find any.

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 16:47:26

I dont know any either. Far from being creative with their jokes most of their material consists of childbirth and menstruation.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 16:47:42

The joke is they're women.

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 16:49:22

Amy Schumer and Bonnie McFarlane are the first two off the top of my head, but there's more than that, especially lately.

Dead.

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 17:03:41

Ellen DeGeneres has her moments, but isn't great. I don't care for most other female comedians I've seen, though.

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 17:09:17

I find Andy Oshi, Jo Caulfield, Victoria Coren and Sarah Millican quite funny at times.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 17:10:57

At 9/23/12 04:49 PM, Elfer wrote: Amy Schumer and Bonnie McFarlane are the first two off the top of my head, but there's more than that, especially lately.

I like Amy Schumer, can't say I've ever heard Bonnie McFarlane.
I've never seen Sara Silverman do standup but I think she's funny as an actor.

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 17:13:57

Wanda Sykes, Monique, Moms Mabley, Just June, Whoopi Goldberg. Sarah Silverman, and a bunch I can't name at the moment.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 17:15:28

There are none, anyone who claims that there are has a shitty taste in comedy.

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 17:20:32

At 9/23/12 05:15 PM, DeIirium wrote: There are none, anyone who claims that there are has a shitty taste in comedy.

Saying that is like saying that no men are funny, it just makes no sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 17:25:10

At 9/23/12 05:21 PM, Yert wrote:
At 9/23/12 05:15 PM, DeIirium wrote: There are none, anyone who claims that there are has a shitty taste in comedy.
le no girls can b funny xD

le bro face when le female comedianne xd

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 20:32:55

At 9/23/12 05:03 PM, Scarface wrote: Ellen DeGeneres has her moments, but isn't great. I don't care for most other female comedians I've seen, though.

I would say she is the best female comedian. The only one to make me laugh, at least.

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 20:34:18

The problem many female comedians have is that their act is based on "being a woman", treating themselves as a minority when they are actually the majority. As such most of them are very predictable and not too amusing. Similar to many black comedians who stick to "being black" as their act, or many gay comedians who stick to "being gay"

It is why heterosexual white men tend to be the best comedians. For the simple fact they tend not to base their entire act around a single obvious theme and instead have a broad act with lots of differing humour.

Sure good comedians don't stick to such a blatantly obvious act, but sadly most of the bland comedians do. Or Americans as we call them.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 20:46:54

This thread again?

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 20:47:22

At 9/23/12 08:46 PM, T3XT wrote: This thread again?

YOU@RE SO FUNNY GIRL!

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 21:17:34

Courtney Cox is pretty funny. I used to find Amy Schumer funny, but she sort of sucks now.

If anyone says Lisa Lampanelli you suck.

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 21:51:29

At 9/23/12 04:47 PM, smulse wrote: The joke is they're women.

obvious troll on two parts

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 21:59:28

I like Kathleen Madigan.

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 22:00:58

At 9/23/12 05:09 PM, 4761 wrote: I have heard somewhere that Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are funny people, but I am not sure.

Certainly been the only two funny people at the Emmys thus far tonight.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 22:04:13

She's not stand up, but I find Tichina Arnold hilarious.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 22:13:19

At 9/23/12 10:00 PM, Gagsy wrote: Certainly been the only two funny people at the Emmys thus far tonight.

Wait, there are Emmys on tonight?

I don't know why I', asking, since I don't have a TV here, but meh; curious.

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 22:19:30

Sarah Palin. Her material is just so spontaneous and blown out of proportion.

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 22:22:59

Jo Brand is certainly one of the worst, in my opinion. I cannot stand that woman.

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 22:34:05

At 9/23/12 10:13 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
Wait, there are Emmys on tonight?

I don't know why I', asking, since I don't have a TV here, but meh; curious.

Yes.

The Weiners.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-23 23:10:17

At 9/23/12 11:04 PM, MrPercie wrote: Huh thats odd, I was going to say she was pretty good.

although I havent seen any of the newer female comedians acts

She's just... bland and samey to me. Her entire act is "My husband is married to me and he wishes he wasn't." "I'm overweight." and "I'm a woman.". She has added "I'm getting older" for a few years but still. I won't say she's never made me laugh, but I just don't enjoy her that much. Whenever I see her on Live at the Apollo, Mock the Week or QI, I just despair.

To be entirely fair I've not seen a HUGE amount of the other women I'd listed's material, so they might be just as samey as Jo Brand, but because she's more exposed and famous she grates me more, or at least more often.

Victoria Wood and French and Saunders are also pretty funny, though I don't know how much stand-up they've done.

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-24 11:15:03

Okay so this a few that I sort of enjoyed, just my opinion though you might not like them.

. Amy Schumer
. Margaret Cho - Although I did not find her very amusing, but I really like her as person.
. Sarah Silverman

There are more, but most them I don't remember their name. Off topic, when I searched for named I found this lovely picture of Amy Schumer, and no I didn't search for a picture like that it was one of the first thing that came up. Great job google.

Female comedians

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-24 14:57:52

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-24 15:05:53

Sarah Silverman, fuck the rest

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-24 15:51:55

At 9/23/12 11:10 PM, Trambamboline wrote:
At 9/23/12 11:04 PM, MrPercie wrote: Huh thats odd, I was going to say she was pretty good.

although I havent seen any of the newer female comedians acts
She's just... bland and samey to me. Her entire act is "My husband is married to me and he wishes he wasn't." "I'm overweight." and "I'm a woman.". She has added "I'm getting older" for a few years but still. I won't say she's never made me laugh, but I just don't enjoy her that much. Whenever I see her on Live at the Apollo, Mock the Week or QI, I just despair.

On stand up she is lacking, however in QI she is good. She works best when with other people commenting alongside them, I love QI myself as one of my favourite programs and not once have I found her to be a bad panelist in the show. Yes her jokes are always usually about being a woman or fat etc. but when she actually comments and joins in with the others she brings quite a bit of life to the show.

She isn't the best panelist by far, people like Jimmy Carr, Rob Brydon, David Mitchell, Sean Locke, Bill Bailey, Rich Hall and Lee Mack are far greater and bring the most joy the show, but she is still within the good bracket of panelists and not down there with the ones that actually ruin episodes, Reginald D Hunter being one of the worst panelists to date.

On the note of QI panelists, Rich Hall is by far my favourite American comedian to grace the show and my favourite American comedian in general. Unlike the rest he really is entertaining and knows how to be funny unlike the rest. Especially nothing like bloody Reginald. "Oh it's because I'm black" every joke. Even Joe Brand has her jokes vary between multiple sources and sometimes be about things unrelating to her sex / weight etc. but Reginald doesn't. If you ever want to truly see a one joke comedian look at that waste of QI panelist space.

BBS Signature

Response to Female comedians 2012-09-24 16:00:23

Sarah Millican is quite funny. Andi Osho has her moments on Mock the Week but shes usually just "NIGERIANS, SPLIFFS, NIGERIANS, PUBLIC BUS LOOK I'M FROM NIGERIA". Most of the women on Mock the Week are awful though.

god

BBS Signature