• 2 Replies
ReverendHerby
ReverendHerby
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Zero-bombing 2012-09-23 13:08:17

I joined the Newgrounds audio portal after someone recommended it to me; I'm interested in doing game soundtracks, and they said this is a great place to look for work. However, when they told me about it, they also gave me this warning:

"Don't be discouraged if people 0 bomb your song, even the best artists on teh site get dicks who 0 every song to try to put their songs on top of the charts."

After joining, I've found this to be true; my rating will be fine one second, and then plummet. While I don't think I'm the greatest composer in the world, I know my tracks aren't so bad that each and every one of them deserve to be given 0 stars.

Essentially, I'm making this thread to ask if a system could be implemented that would notify the mods if somebody rates a set amount of songs at 0, so the mods can look into their rating history and see if they're just trying to hurt everybody's ratings. Has there been any talk of this type of system before, and if so, what was said?

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Zero-bombing 2012-09-23 13:18:20

There has been a LOT of talk. Nearly 25 pages of it in the proper thread that should be used to discuss it and many more discussions spread across various other threads. Most of the ideas suggested in those threads, including yours, have been suggested before.

Basically just try and put up with it. The Audio Portal is an awesome place but 0-bombers have made people leave in disgust countless times in the past. They just want to rate down other works so that theirs comes out on top. You don't actually deserve the 0's.

If you want exposure, be really active in the forums and write helpful/constructive reviews on other audio submissions. Your music will improve, and you'll gradually start building a fanbase. If your music is good and you're an active user then you WILL get noticed.

Also you should keep an eye on this forum; plenty of game makers come here making threads to ask for our music, some even offering payment.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Zero-bombing 2012-09-23 13:19:24

At 9/23/12 01:08 PM, ReverendHerby wrote: Has there been any talk of this type of system before, and if so, what was said?

It's been talked about... and talked about... and talked about... you're beating a dead horse... people complain about zero bombers and pitch ways to deal with it on a daily basis... for as long as the portal has existed...

It happens, reviews are what count, ignore your score, and direct any other concerns you have to the Zerobombing and Exposure thread. I guarantee any solution you come up with has already been pitched.

Did I mention people bitch about zerobombers on a daily basis?

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Things and stuff - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature