doublerr
doublerr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:05 AM Reply

Hey everyone,

We're a startup(a very small team in fact) currently struggling to finish up this game development project.
It's a : iOS game (iphone, ipad, ipod),
Castle-defense-kinda-game, similar to Sword and Soldiers (google up!)

We're toying around an idea of featuring multiple artist/composer in this video game project (similar to Need For Speed), so whenever a music is play, a little information bar contains of the title, artist, album/url will be display, similar to a music video (see image below for example)
We certainly hope that with this idea, we can hopefully bring some exposure to a lot of talented composer here.
So we're posting this up to see if anyone is interested in helping out this project (for free)?

A very simple story : zombie wants cheese, human (player) says no, they fight.
(so probably 8 bit or way-too-serious music might not be suitable for this project)

If you're interested in seeing our quality of work, do check out our website commonextract-c0m

thanks everyone!

Composer-Video Game (Collaboration)

Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:26 AM Reply

Can you give some more ideas on what genre of music you're looking for? Or does anything go?

Whatever the case I'll post some of my music here; feel free to use any of them. Some are kinda serious but others are a little more light-hearted. See what you think.

• Sanctuary
    Sanctuary by Step

A full-blown orchestral song for the MAC competition. (4:01)

Score
    4.61 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity
  • -A New World-
    -A New World- by Step

A pop song with a unique (read: odd) mix of various moods. Very proud of this one! (4:13)

Score
    4.45 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Pop
    Popularity
  • Pixelated World
    Pixelated World by Step

My first ever original Video Game song. Quite proud of this one! (2:57)

Score
    4.48 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity
  • Plains Theme
    Plains Theme by Step

One of the best songs I ever made. Did it with a friend of mine, Echo. (3:03)

Score
    4.39 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    New Wave
    Popularity
  • Journey to the Afterlife
    Journey to the Afterlife by Step

A remix of Buoy's song "Shadow People", with new melodies and orchestration. (3:00)

Score
    4.42 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

(the above track is a remix of Buoy's song Shadow People so you have to get the go-ahead from him too if you want to use it)

• -Against the Clock-
    -Against the Clock- by Step

A mix between Orchestral, DnB, Dance and Techno, made for djInTheDark. (1:51)

Score
    4.44 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Techno
    Popularity

Hope they're alright. Good luck finishing your project.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
SilverPoyozo
SilverPoyozo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:35 AM Reply

• Forest of Myth
    Forest of Myth by SilverPoyozo

Deep in Ahuizotl's jungle...

Score
    4.08 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity
  • Crystal Maze
    Crystal Maze by SilverPoyozo

Been playing too much Minecraft...

Score
    4.50 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity
  • Praise the Sun (part I)
    Praise the Sun (part I) by SilverPoyozo

A tiny choir/strings piece

Score
    4.10 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity
  • Fire in the Library
    Fire in the Library by SilverPoyozo

Little orchestral piece

Score
    3.76 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

poinl
poinl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Melancholy
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:41 AM Reply

im interested and would like to CREATE songs for this project rather than show some of my old ones. Hit me up with a pm if you can.

hi look at me music just click here

BBS Signature
ReverendHerby
ReverendHerby
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:45 AM Reply

Here's some of my work; let me know if you're interested, because I'd love to be involved.

• Theme2
    Theme2 by ReverendHerby

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity
  • Our Calmest Shelter
    Our Calmest Shelter by ReverendHerby

Our Closest Nights, Our Calmest Shelter

Score
    2.35 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Techno
    Popularity
  • Theme1
    Theme1 by ReverendHerby

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity
  • Five Square Roots of Five
    Five Square Roots of Five by ReverendHerby

A laid-back electronic track.

Score
    1.21 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Ambient
    Popularity

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:47 PM Reply

Not sure if you want more of a fast-paced battle piece or a slower more ambient sound.

Feel free to check out my stuff if you want, I'd be more than glad to let you use it, and best of luck with your first release! :D

http://samulis.newgrounds.com/audio/

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:58 PM Reply

So... What genre of music are you looking for? I could give links to 30 or so songs but none would fit so rather than flood you with songs, if you could let me know then I'll post some stuff. :)

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out!
Veteran REAPER user.

doublerr
doublerr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:12 PM Reply

Thanks for everyone's reply! I'll listen to all (or some) of the tracks here (and tracks in your profile). Will pm you guys shortly.
We're probably looking for mainly light hearted fast paced battle music, but we guess we need a mix of diff mood of music to fit the story , in terms of genre, I'm not an expert here, but do feel free to suggest any kind of music that you think might be fitting to this genre of game.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 01:59 AM Reply

I'm down. Like someone said, I'd like to do NEW music specifically for the game....but if you like what else I've done, maybe shoot me a message.

DuttonsaysHi
DuttonsaysHi
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 05:07 PM Reply

At 9/23/12 11:12 PM, doublerr wrote: Thanks for everyone's reply! I'll listen to all (or some) of the tracks here (and tracks in your profile). Will pm you guys shortly.
We're probably looking for mainly light hearted fast paced battle music, but we guess we need a mix of diff mood of music to fit the story , in terms of genre, I'm not an expert here, but do feel free to suggest any kind of music that you think might be fitting to this genre of game.

Sounds Promising! Since it sounds like you're open to many different types of music, I'll just post a link to my audio along with some personal favourites :)

Happy/grand

• The Golden March
    The Golden March by DuttonsaysHi

Proud Heroic Orchestral for the heroes of the golden march

Score
    4.93 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

starts off moody but becomes bright and happy

• The Grand Sea
    The Grand Sea by DuttonsaysHi

A phumpin' grand ode to the Buccaneers of The Grand Sea!

Score
    4.61 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Techno
    Popularity

fast paced battle music

• The Falcon Armada
    The Falcon Armada by DuttonsaysHi

Epic SEGA Chiptune and Orchestra Hybrid for the arrival of The Falcon Armada!

Score
    4.66 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

not so fast paced battle music

• CyberSpace Showdown
    CyberSpace Showdown by DuttonsaysHi

Action packed chiptune for a cyberspace showdown!

Score
    4.12 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

chirpy happy

• Lights
    Lights by DuttonsaysHi

Bright, Happy, Jumpy LIGHTS!

Score
    4.56 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Techno
    Popularity

I have some darker stuff too

• JunkBot
    JunkBot by DuttonsaysHi

Beware of the scrap yard guardian.. The JunkBot!

Score
    4.04 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity
  • Electric Shadow
    Electric Shadow by DuttonsaysHi

Dark ways of the Ninja

Score
    4.39 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Techno
    Popularity

I don't really like spamming my audio but there's just some to save you from venturing to my page. But that's the stuff you can expect if you decide to :] let me know if you're interested!

Nitrocore
Nitrocore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 05:51 PM Reply

Two pretty old tracks.

• {Ocean Stars}
    {Ocean Stars} by Nitrocore

Loop

Score
    3.56 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity
  • Lonely Traveler
    Lonely Traveler by Nitrocore

Short Loop

Score
    3.22 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

Emotiquon
Emotiquon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 12:42 PM Reply

Yeah, definitely up for that... I love zombies and cheese...

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/504511

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 9/23/12 11:05 AM, doublerr wrote: We're a startup(a very small team in fact) currently struggling to finish up this game development project.

Question, is this a for-profit project?

stratkat
stratkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 9/23/12 11:05 AM, doublerr wrote: Hey everyone,

We're a startup(a very small team in fact) currently struggling to finish up this game development project.
Castle-defense-kinda-game, similar to Sword and Soldiers (google up!)

We're toying around an idea of featuring multiple artist/composer in this video game project (similar to Need For Speed), so whenever a music is play, a little information bar contains of the title, artist, album/url will be display, similar to a music video (see image below for example)
We certainly hope that with this idea, we can hopefully bring some exposure to a lot of talented composer here.
So we're posting this up to see if anyone is interested in helping out this project (for free)?

A very simple story : zombie wants cheese, human (player) says no, they fight.
(so probably 8 bit or way-too-serious music might not be suitable for this project)

If you're interested in seeing our quality of work, do check out our website commonextract-c0m

thanks everyone!

Here's some pretty serious 8/16 bit music:

• =8-bitBomber=
    =8-bitBomber= by stratkat

Intense 8bit music.

Score
    4.60 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Also you can use anything from here:
http://daydreamanatomy.bandcamp.com/album/8-bit-heroes
It's mostly music in the same style, some closer to true chiptune 8 bit than others.

doublerr
doublerr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 25th, 2012 @ 09:14 PM Reply

Yes, this is a for-profit project.

At 9/25/12 04:13 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 9/23/12 11:05 AM, doublerr wrote: We're a startup(a very small team in fact) currently struggling to finish up this game development project.
Question, is this a for-profit project?
maybeitselectric
maybeitselectric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 02:32 AM Reply

Hey I'm also interested, I am brand new to NG (upload-wise) and have been interested in composing game music for quite some time. I have some 8-bit / chiptune music that's metal influenced (drums mostly) but am also writing a few more orchestrated, 'real' songs. I have mostly chiptune on my page but there is one other song I just uploaded today on there.
Would be stoked to be apart of the community.

Saharadon
Saharadon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 10:37 PM Reply

Hey, I'm very interested in making music for this game. I haven't done too much with battle music, but I'd love to make some. If nothing else, I'd be glad to make music for menus and such. I'm also new to newgrounds, so I don't have much uploaded yet, but here's what I have so far if you want to take a listen: http://saharadon.newgrounds.com/audio/ . Just let me know, I'd love to make new music for this project.

Ghost-XZ
Ghost-XZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 12:08 AM Reply

We do electronic music. Currently, we have DnB and House songs posted, and I can create what you need for the app. We are willing to do it for free. Check out our page to view our songs (banner). Big thing: Take a look at Fireball.

doublerr
doublerr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 11:54 PM Reply

Here's an update to everyone:

Thanks for the great response, everyone is really being helpful and kind. We really appreciate that.
If you did not receive my PM, please let me know. :-)

As mentioned in post(or pm) earlier, (in case you missed it),
this will be a commercial game (we will sell the game), however, we try to be fair to composers that we will exclusively feature the artist whenever the music is played. (see first post image attachment for example)
besides, we mighthave a 'music' page under 'extra' option in the main menu.
(IF we have the time, we will include a pic & bio for all of you)

Once the game is launch, it will display the following in sequence
Company logo ----->> (example) "Headphone is recommended" 20 Tracks : 12 Composers : 7 Countries (and all of your name below like movie poster) ----->> Game Title ----->> Menu

Due to every composer has a certain style, we will try our best to match it with levels as player progress, so probably more light hearted in the beginning and more epic towards the end.
If we have a lot of tracks, we may randomly play 1~3 songs for each level. The reason is that its kinda more fair (so there will not be 1 music keep repeating on that level) ; another reason is that some of the tracks is below 2min. Example: Level 1 will only play music1, music2, music3. Level 2 will play music4, music5, music6...

The idealduration for each piece is 3~5min (thats how long a level will took), however loop is fine as well, we will probably fade out or end the loop before if gets repetitive.

So when every track/music is finalized, we will contact everyone in order to have their details (track name, composer name and url/album), and we probably need a high bitrate version from you guys as well.
(URL is actually not recommended during game battle as it might break the gameflow, besides some ppl click on it becoz he wanna cast magic or simply get rid of that box, which is why we thought of having the 'extra'-'music' page for all of your info to be there, and clickable)

Long update! we welcome any suggestion, opinion or question.

Thanks everyone.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 28th, 2012 @ 12:18 AM Reply

Cool, sounds like a good system and could get lots of people some well deserved publicity. :)

At 9/27/12 11:54 PM, doublerr wrote: and more epic towards the end.

Hey... If you're looking for "epic" at the end and not just "fun"... That's more my territory...! If so, let me know and I'll show you my more "epic" music! :)

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out!
Veteran REAPER user.

Ghost-XZ
Ghost-XZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 28th, 2012 @ 08:18 AM Reply

We can do epic AND fun. Sort of our specialty. Fireball is an example of that.

Possibly
Possibly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 29th, 2012 @ 04:45 PM Reply

I would be interested in providing music for this as well. I could do a new piece or have existing songs. Thanks.

audio

StudioGB
StudioGB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 02:11 PM Reply

Do you still need more composers? Our group is just getting off the ground. Take a listen to some of our material and let me know if you'd like for us to do a track.

http://soundcloud.com/giftshopmedia

At 9/27/12 11:54 PM, doublerr wrote: Here's an update to everyone:
doublerr
doublerr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Sep. 30th, 2012 @ 09:22 PM Reply

Yup, we're still looking for more composers. Will PM you shortly.

Thanks

At 9/30/12 02:11 PM, StudioGB wrote: Do you still need more composers? Our group is just getting off the ground. Take a listen to some of our material and let me know if you'd like for us to do a track.

http://soundcloud.com/giftshopmedia

At 9/27/12 11:54 PM, doublerr wrote: Here's an update to everyone:
doublerr
doublerr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 02:01 PM Reply

Finally, The project is complete!

This posting serve as a closure of this thread, a very heartfelt thanks to all the composers here that help out.

The project got a total of 19 Tracks by 11 Composers! Without NG as the platform, this would be an impossible task to complete.

Again, i'm really really really grateful to the Composers that are involve in this project, hopefully this project can somehow direct or indirectly catapult both the game and the composers to the next level.

Here's the trailer of this project "Wrath of Cheese" (WOC).
and the Apple AppStore link

Thanks again!

Composer-Video Game (Collaboration)

melodious
melodious
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 08:47 PM Reply

Just another composer chiming in here. Feel free to check out some of my work here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/melodiouscoesmusic

And let me know if you are interested.

Thanks!
Melodious

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Composer-Video Game (Collaboration) Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:23 PM Reply

Maybe you like some of these songs:

• Battle of the Bits
    Battle of the Bits by SourJovis

Song in retro video game style, but with modern sounds.

Score
    4.68 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Pop
    Popularity
  • Ouverture
    Ouverture by SourJovis

Orchestral ouverture

Score
    4.66 / 5.00