00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blackfog105 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Spartan's Art

1,976 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Spartan's Art 2012-09-22 13:04:01

Hey guys, I've been drawing a LOT lately and I figured it was a good time to share what I've been up to. Most of the stuff I have with me right now are sketches made from this figure drawing site someone showed me a long time ago. I finished a big picture two days ago but I don't have it at the moment. As soon as I can get a picture of it I'll upload it here

Let me know what you think

Spartan's Art

Response to Spartan's Art 2012-09-22 13:05:15

Another sketch

Spartan's Art

Response to Spartan's Art 2012-09-22 15:44:11

At 9/22/12 01:05 PM, SpartanBunny wrote: Another sketch

Right shoulder is too deep, and the left arm is too short. Also you may try to add faces to your characters.

Response to Spartan's Art 2012-09-22 16:18:09

The anatomy is okay apart from some little things, but try adding more detail and some shadows to show more of the anatomy. Also, they're really sketchy so you might want to make the lines a little thinner, at least, if you want a cleaner look.

My Deviantart | NG Art | Youtube Channel | Art Portfolio

Shameless self-promotion ftw!

BBS Signature

Response to Spartan's Art 2012-09-22 18:01:45

At 9/22/12 03:44 PM, Mownkey wrote:
At 9/22/12 01:05 PM, SpartanBunny wrote: Another sketch
Right shoulder is too deep, and the left arm is too short. Also you may try to add faces to your characters.

Thanks for the critique. I do draw faces a lot but I did these sketches just to work on anatomy

Response to Spartan's Art 2012-09-23 04:32:55

At 9/22/12 01:04 PM, SpartanBunny wrote: Let me know what you think

For quick figure studies I think they're not bad.

I am curious, what is your drawing process like? I can't quite tell from the drawings but it looks like you're freehanding things, which isn't necessarily bad, but if you're doing life drawing (or just drawing human figures in general) it usually helps to start by sketching out a stick figure base and then fleshing it out.

A book that I have found very helpful for figure drawing and other things is "Figure Drawing for all it's Worth" by Andrew Loomis. You can read it online and it does a really good job of explaining figure drawing in simple terms (as opposed to "Dynamic Figure Drawing" by Burne Hogarth, for example, which is pretty much crap).

I'm including a quick sketch that I did based on the first pose you posted to show you what I'm talking about when I say start with a stick figure and then flesh it out.

Spartan's Art

BBS Signature