Be a Supporter!
IndustrialIndustries
IndustrialIndustries
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
printmaking Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 01:14 AM Reply

anyone else here into it? i've been doing etching, wood carving, screenprinting, and pretty much every other type for a few years and now i'm studying it at art school. unfortunately the only photos i have of my prints are shitty (i need to get a nice camera and shoot my portfolio asap) but i figured i'd share one anyway just so you guys can get an idea of what i'm into (i have a few more in my art section btw) feel free to post any prints you've made/are working on, provide (constructive) critism, etc.

printmaking

BBS Signature
Izzy-A
Izzy-A
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to printmaking Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 10:17 AM Reply

I took a semester of print making and did just about everything with it. I hated the clean up so much...being mostly a graphic artist and all.

This series was done with plexiglass, I forgot the name of the process but I laser etched the figures after drawing them in flash, rubbed some water based paint on it and then pressed it onto paper. I think I enjoyed this project the most.

printmaking

Izzy-A
Izzy-A
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to printmaking Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 10:22 AM Reply

Here's another laser etched plexiglass and a wood carving (or some kind of block with stuff you carve out) of a sushi boat.

I barely payed attention in this class so I don't know any of the vocab

printmaking

takopako
takopako
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to printmaking Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 10:58 AM Reply

I do it! And i love it!!! here are my newest prints from my printmaking classes. >.<
this first one is a linoleum print that i designed as a t-shirt idea.
and then the dynamic links are my color reduction monotype prints that i just completed on wednesday.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/takopako/dirigifish-print?context=ratings:etm.user:4255 215.scouted:.offset:1http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/takopako/dirigifish-ghost-print?context=ratings:etm.use r:4255215.scouted:.offset:0

printmaking

BBS Signature
takopako
takopako
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
takopako
takopako
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to printmaking Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 11:01 AM Reply

still didnt get what i wanted...

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to printmaking Sep. 22nd, 2012 @ 11:33 PM Reply

At 9/21/12 01:14 AM, IndustrialIndustries wrote: anyone else here into it?

I've done woodcuts and what was essentially etching but for jewelry- the process was the same, but then instead of printing i filled the copper with glass. It's been a while since I've done any, but I'm currently taking a history of prints course that is absolutely scrumdiddlyumptious and I'll have to create something print-related for the final. I'd love to go back to basse-taille but I'm not sure I have the facilities or the energy where I am right now.

Captain is a pretty great printmaker.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature