New Topic Respond to this Topic
bnpla
bnpla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Attempt trying to paint NicoleHeat 2012-09-20 16:10:29 Reply

This is my attempt trying to pain the famous NicoleHeat's gasp girl http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/nicoleheat/gasp

I did this with the original by my side for references on colors. I loved the original so much that today i tryed to see if i was able to do something like that, so i sit in the computer and after many trial and errors, i got this:

Attempt trying to paint NicoleHeat

WiZBiN-Yoshi-1
WiZBiN-Yoshi-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Attempt trying to paint NicoleHeat 2012-09-20 16:16:12 Reply

sweet its pretty close - might try to do this aswell as my colors a lifeless and dull. NicoleHeat has some badass art.

bnpla
bnpla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Attempt trying to paint NicoleHeat 2012-09-20 16:24:19 Reply

At 9/20/12 04:16 PM, WiZBiN-Yoshi-1 wrote: sweet its pretty close - might try to do this aswell as my colors a lifeless and dull. NicoleHeat has some badass art.

Yeah, while doing this drawing, i learned a lot about colors and even blending techniques, i used the FLOW setting a LOT with this one, something that i almost never used to use. I was constantly changing the opacity and flow of the brush.

For the porocity of the skin i used a brush that has like a lot of dots, and then i used the sharpen brush over that zone to highlight the lightings more.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Attempt trying to paint NicoleHeat 2012-09-20 16:27:23 Reply

That looks really great - I was fooled enough to confuse it with the original.
Do you reckon you could tackle a similar colour photo with the skills you've picked up?

BBS Signature
bnpla
bnpla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Attempt trying to paint NicoleHeat 2012-09-20 16:32:22 Reply

At 9/20/12 04:27 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: That looks really great - I was fooled enough to confuse it with the original.
Do you reckon you could tackle a similar colour photo with the skills you've picked up?

I was going to try that actually. I really like realistic drawing, i would like to learn to do it in the future. Some people paint to well that you can't tell if it's real or not.The colors selection for me is hard, that's my main problem now. I dont have much problems drawing, it's the colors the issue.

But yeah, i'll try.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Attempt trying to paint NicoleHeat 2012-09-20 18:05:12 Reply

At 9/20/12 04:32 PM, bnpla wrote: I was going to try that actually. I really like realistic drawing, i would like to learn to do it in the future. Some people paint to well that you can't tell if it's real or not.The colors selection for me is hard, that's my main problem now. I dont have much problems drawing, it's the colors the issue.

Did you use copy the colors of the original by eye or using the eyedropper tool?

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
bnpla
bnpla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Attempt trying to paint NicoleHeat 2012-09-20 18:22:47 Reply

At 9/20/12 06:05 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 9/20/12 04:32 PM, bnpla wrote: I was going to try that actually. I really like realistic drawing, i would like to learn to do it in the future. Some people paint to well that you can't tell if it's real or not.The colors selection for me is hard, that's my main problem now. I dont have much problems drawing, it's the colors the issue.
Did you use copy the colors of the original by eye or using the eyedropper tool?

Im terrible with colors, i used the eyedropper tool. The only reason i made this drawing is to learn how to paint and pick the colors. While doing this, i started to notice the change in colors i had to use, and while blending them i learned a lot about colors. But eyedropper all the time.