00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodtyGoddessGoat just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My xbox might be broken

1,530 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My xbox might be broken 2012-09-19 22:53:29

Hey guys, I was casually going about and was planning to play some games, but as I reached to turn on my xbox I felt something was out of place, but shook the feeling off. I went to play my game but it said "Open Tray" so I clicked that to readjust the disc. I quickly became frustrated when the xbox would not open, so now I have 2 problems. What am I doing wrong here???

My xbox might be broken

BC | SC | FB

USF4: Ibuki | GGXRD: May | XBL/PSN/Steam: Qelaion

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-19 22:58:10

Taping a Nintendo 64 game to it is the problem.

BBS Signature

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-19 23:00:38

At 9/19/12 10:58 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Taping a Nintendo 64 game to it is the problem.

But that's the game I want to play! How can I get it to work? Should I remove the white plastic on the front of the tray?

BC | SC | FB

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-19 23:01:16

See that DVS sticker you have slapped on there? Playing your Xbox 360 for long amounts of time have melted the adhesive, causing it to seep through the protective casing and attach in and around the disc tray. So basically, the inside of your console is a gluey mess at this point. Your only option is to leave it one for about a week straight so it generates enough heat to evaporate the adhesive out of the Xbox completely.
That N64 cartridge taped onto it probably ain't helping, either. Throw it out an airlock.

Silly N64 cartridge, trying to be something it is not...

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-19 23:03:22

At 9/19/12 11:01 PM, Klobb17 wrote: See that DVS sticker you have slapped on there? Playing your Xbox 360 for long amounts of time have melted the adhesive, causing it to seep through the protective casing and attach in and around the disc tray. So basically, the inside of your console is a gluey mess at this point. Your only option is to leave it one for about a week straight so it generates enough heat to evaporate the adhesive out of the Xbox completely.
That N64 cartridge taped onto it probably ain't helping, either. Throw it out an airlock.

Silly N64 cartridge, trying to be something it is not...

That's what I had thought initially, although I don't understand how the adhesive would be able to phase through solid casing plastic...

Anyways, I found the problem. I just had to put the game back in its box! How silly is that?!

My xbox might be broken

BC | SC | FB

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-19 23:14:33

At 9/19/12 11:00 PM, Qelaion wrote:
At 9/19/12 10:58 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Taping a Nintendo 64 game to it is the problem.
But that's the game I want to play! How can I get it to work? Should I remove the white plastic on the front of the tray?

Then find a way to hack the 360 and install a Nintendo 64 emulator.

BBS Signature

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-20 00:43:59

lol this thread delivers.

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-20 00:53:58

At 9/19/12 11:14 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Then find a way to hack the 360 and install a Nintendo 64 emulator.

The N64 emulator for it sucks dick.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-20 09:25:05

At 9/19/12 11:00 PM, Qelaion wrote:

no, just get an N64, because the xbox won't play that game because it's the wrong format.

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-22 05:44:31

At 9/19/12 10:53 PM, Qelaion wrote: What am I doing wrong here???

Trolling.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-22 08:51:51

OP try using electrical tape, the tape you're using now might be causing electrical shorts.

To protect the world from devastation.

kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-22 13:33:54

Its not the Xbox, its the cartridge! Blow on that shit!

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-22 14:46:24

At 9/19/12 11:03 PM, Qelaion wrote:
Anyways, I found the problem. I just had to put the game back in its box! How silly is that?!

Best part is you can pick the xbox up while it's running and strangely enough it won't scratch your disc.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-23 16:52:57

No, no no.

What you have to do is get some more RAM. Just buy some off newegg and glue it onto the 360's RAM slot. If you don't know where this is, open up your console and you should find a big circuit board. Just put it onto that, the circuits will detect the additional hardware and install the firmware onto the system, then you'll be able to run all of the latest games!

Hope this helps

(Back from the dead!)

Thanks to TheWolfe for letting me steal his sig.

BBS Signature

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-25 00:30:05

At 9/23/12 04:52 PM, sirbobsalot2 wrote:
No, no no.

What you have to do is get some more RAM. Just buy some off newegg and glue it onto the 360's RAM slot. If you don't know where this is, open up your console and you should find a big circuit board. Just put it onto that, the circuits will detect the additional hardware and install the firmware onto the system, then you'll be able to run all of the latest games!

Hope this helps

Wow! I tried to do what you told me to and my xbox sped up 600%! I also added some on the external RAM ports (and the FlatPort slots too) and it goes even faster!! Thanks!

My xbox might be broken

BC | SC | FB

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-26 02:38:02

Have you tried blowing into the cartridge? I think that might help.

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-26 08:12:41

At 9/26/12 02:38 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Have you tried blowing into the cartridge? I think that might help.

yes I ever took the cartridge apart and ran a magnet over the whole thing to get rid of the dust from it

BC | SC | FB

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to My xbox might be broken 2012-09-26 16:56:19

Herp Derp. These 2 Beigns cannot go together.

My xbox might be broken