New Topic Respond to this Topic
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Youtube partnership scams?? Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 02:13 PM Reply

So I ge an offer for a Youube partnership and honestly, I'm a little weary of it. Can people get scammed by YT partnerships....I ask because the person offering has only 10 subscribers and only 1 video. And my channel has a couple thousand views, but only a couple subscribers, so I'm curious as to why they would be interested.

I don't really know what YT partnerships do, or what they're for, so maybe I'm speaking from ignorance...anyone care to enlighten me?

Usernamemyarse
Usernamemyarse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Youtube partnership scams?? Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 03:35 PM Reply

At 9/19/12 02:13 PM, LemonCrush wrote: So I ge an offer for a Youube partnership and honestly, I'm a little weary of it. Can people get scammed by YT partnerships....I ask because the person offering has only 10 subscribers and only 1 video. And my channel has a couple thousand views, but only a couple subscribers, so I'm curious as to why they would be interested.

I don't really know what YT partnerships do, or what they're for, so maybe I'm speaking from ignorance...anyone care to enlighten me?

As far as I know, google goes after high view counts and the amount of likes/dislikes, not the amount of subscribers or the amount of videos you might have.
I guess somebody could take advantage and try to scam you out of your Password and E-mail (thus getting control over your google account, or worse: Any account you might have that uses google or the same password and e-mail).

I guess it depends on how you got the offer, did you get an e-mail? message on youtube?

Please note that you NEVER give out your password, no matter how legit the massage might seem.

Hang on, I might have skimmed you post.
DO NOT TRUST HIM/HER! This seems to be a pretty obvious scam.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Youtube partnership scams?? Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 04:32 PM Reply

At 9/19/12 03:35 PM, Usernamemyarse wrote: As far as I know, google goes after high view counts and the amount of likes/dislikes, not the amount of subscribers or the amount of videos you might have.
I guess somebody could take advantage and try to scam you out of your Password and E-mail (thus getting control over your google account, or worse: Any account you might have that uses google or the same password and e-mail).

I guess it depends on how you got the offer, did you get an e-mail? message on youtube?

Please note that you NEVER give out your password, no matter how legit the massage might seem.

Hang on, I might have skimmed you post.
DO NOT TRUST HIM/HER! This seems to be a pretty obvious scam.

I never would give out my password. But thanks for the heads up...I don't really know how YT partnerships work, so I couldn't tell if it was legit or not.

Mrmilkcarton
Mrmilkcarton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Youtube partnership scams?? Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 04:41 PM Reply

As a youtube partner you don't give any info. You get an Adsense account and you have the option to put commercials/ads on your videos. It is attached to your google/youtube account since google owns both these things. I've made some decent money. If you have questions about the program you should look it up on youtube not newgrounds.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Youtube partnership scams?? Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 01:03 AM Reply

At 9/19/12 04:41 PM, Mrmilkcarton wrote: As a youtube partner you don't give any info. You get an Adsense account and you have the option to put commercials/ads on your videos. It is attached to your google/youtube account since google owns both these things. I've made some decent money. If you have questions about the program you should look it up on youtube not newgrounds.

^ This.
Youtube changed its partners program just a month ago, now anyone with a monetized video is a part-partner. (Google owes me $50 now, yay!) There are other networks that can make you into a "full" partner but I doubt the person who approached you is one. The GOOD networks will never need your password since you'd have complete control over you content and channel at all times. (Machinima can go take a hike)

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out!
Veteran REAPER user.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Youtube partnership scams?? Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 06:51 PM Reply

At 9/20/12 04:07 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Anyone can be a partner since April 12th. It's not a scam.

I don't think you've properly read his post. He could very well be a Youtube part-partner but this other guy has nothing to do with Youtube is offering a partnership. That's a bit dodgy.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out!
Veteran REAPER user.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Youtube partnership scams?? Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 08:11 PM Reply

At 9/20/12 06:51 PM, MetalRenard wrote:
I don't think you've properly read his post. He could very well be a Youtube part-partner but this other guy has nothing to do with Youtube is offering a partnership. That's a bit dodgy.

No I have no monetized videos. And 6 subscribers...because it's a music channel, I don't really upload too often...I'm just a little leary of it that's all because why would anyone wanna partner with such a small channel?

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Youtube partnership scams?? Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 08:17 PM Reply

At 9/20/12 08:11 PM, LemonCrush wrote: No I have no monetized videos. And 6 subscribers...because it's a music channel, I don't really upload too often...I'm just a little leary of it that's all because why would anyone wanna partner with such a small channel?

Hmm. Well then yeah, it would be a waste of his time and money to partner you, therefore I wouldn't trust it.
Oh and... My channel is a music one yet I have 1k+ subscribers. Don't let less -quantity- prevent you from taking your channel further. Find ways to make your videos more popular.

Veteran REAPER user.