New Topic Respond to this Topic
CPOTicTac
CPOTicTac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 10:54 PM Reply

I just want to see why i should choose one or the other, whoever can convince me will get me to sign up for them as a fan for everyone on the side that they support.

Chief Petty Officer TicTac

Go to www.pokemonepisode.org to relive the glory days!!!! (click the picture)

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 10:55 PM Reply

Neither

TAB
You should play this game. I get stuff if you do.
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping

Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 10:56 PM Reply

At 9/18/12 10:54 PM, CPOTicTac wrote: I just want to see why i should choose one or the other, whoever can convince me will get me to sign up for them as a fan for everyone on the side that they support.

iOS because it's Apple. Apple needs your money more than Google.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 9/18/12 10:56 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote:
At 9/18/12 10:54 PM, CPOTicTac wrote: I just want to see why i should choose one or the other, whoever can convince me will get me to sign up for them as a fan for everyone on the side that they support.

Apple needs to rot and get smushed into a mushy pile of goop

TAB

SizzleBolt
SizzleBolt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 10:59 PM Reply

Wouldn't the iPhone make a better versus than an iPod?

iPhone wins by a landslide.

"This is homosexual barcode translated to alphabet." - Makakaov

Oh the powers of sarcasm.

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 11:00 PM Reply

At 9/18/12 10:57 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 9/18/12 10:56 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote:
Apple needs to rot and get smushed into a mushy pile of goop

Apple is good and deserves nothing bad. Mac OS X is the best fucking operating system ever made. I wouldn't use anything else!

wreckr
wreckr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 11:01 PM Reply

I had an android and as the updates came out my phone got really sluggish. Now I have an iPhone and everything seems to be going smoothly so far.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 11:02 PM Reply

At 9/18/12 11:00 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Apple is good and deserves nothing bad. Mac OS X is the best fucking operating system ever made. I wouldn't use anything else!

Pure blasphemy. Microsoft is the god of operating systems, and he will smite your pathetic wannabe operating system.

TAB

Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 11:07 PM Reply

At 9/18/12 11:02 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 9/18/12 11:00 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Apple is good and deserves nothing bad. Mac OS X is the best fucking operating system ever made. I wouldn't use anything else!
Pure blasphemy. Microsoft is the god of operating systems, and he will smite your pathetic wannabe operating system.

How DARE you talk shit about Mac OS X!!!

CPOTicTac
CPOTicTac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 11:09 PM Reply

At 9/18/12 11:02 PM, Xenomit wrote:

Apple 95% copying others.
Apple 5% suing others for copying them.

BBS Signature
Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 01:17 AM Reply

Its not really what OS you want, but more a matter of what phones you are looking for, if you are looking for a direct iOS vs. Android mobile phones, you would be looking for iPhone4/5 vs. Samsung Galaxy 3 (since is the most modern one, and a direct cometition to the iPhone)

BBS Signature
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 01:51 AM Reply

The open source license for Android is just bad. Although it is under Apache license, Google get a grip on every change you make on the OS. Even it is Linux-based, controlling by a corp that only focusing on money making but none on security is just crazy. The reason Android has been getting malware frequently because of loosen privilege modify on original Linux kernel.

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 01:57 AM Reply

I like iOS because it's more user-friendly. Android is a little messy... (Though, I have an Android :D)

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 04:08 AM Reply

iOS is generally better at everything

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 07:29 AM Reply

I cant believe people use Apple products unironically. If you want to pay more for something that does less then yeah its just for you because its for fucking idiots who are too incompetant to operate a normal phone.

Corky-D
Corky-D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 07:59 AM Reply

Windows phone 8 is shit.

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature
CPOTicTac
CPOTicTac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 08:00 AM Reply

I completely agree!

BBS Signature
wiips36
wiips36
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 10:33 AM Reply

Android is actually customizable with widgets and themes, while iOS only lets you change icons around.

Plus, android has flash.

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 11:43 AM Reply

At 9/19/12 10:33 AM, wiips36 wrote: Plus, android has flash.

They're phasing out flash after ICS, aka it's already gone if you get Jelly Bean. Adobe refuses to give updates for mobile flash for Android after ICS.

Then again if you wait until Jan 2013 then you may be able to use Flash in a Windows 8 tablet; Microsoft has a much better "partnership" with Adobe for mobile devices running Win8.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

BBS Signature
tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 02:04 PM Reply

Android.

Faster response time, ability to have a keyboard, you can actually put programs such as itunes and have your library on it (if you have the know how), their app store or (Google Play) has more free apps and games and isn't a nazi about what gets put on it, basically no restrictions, and it isn't and overcharged hiptser gadget. Androids also generally have larger screens in both width and length (rather than just length, lmao), you can customize your phones desktop and drag/delete whatever the fuck you want on it while there's also tons of hacks to make the desktop do alot more.

With Android you also don't have to deal with the faggotry of Apple having a million different cables for their produces. I know with iPhones you can't just use any charger to charger and now they're coming out with a new charging cable that already doesn't have much of a purpose except cash mongering. Androids at least actually go by the landfill prevention act so you can use whatever micro USB laying around.

Android also makes it easier in that you can send larger files and any file type as opposed to iPhone where there isn't an attach option at all. Android can attach any document to any email. Android also allows you to instantly share pictures or videos or whatever media to whatever social media site you want. I can upload a picture instantly to Twitter or Facebook instead of going through the hassle of the iPhone and having to go into the program itself to upload it.

When you connect your Android to your PC, it basically becomes a little hub. It's like a portable hard drive and you have access to everything you'd want making it extremely easy to transfer stuff or implement certain codes or programs on your device basically making it a mini PC (my droid 4 is basically a laptop). iPhones don't let you have access to the file system only allowing you to dick around with your photos or iTunes.

Androids also have more responsive touch screens but also have the ability to respond to styluses on their phones. iPhones and iPads don't have much except responsive to your fingertips and your fingertips only.

If you jailbreak your iPhone, it's the only way to free yourself from majority of the restrictions and can basically implement Android on it if you wanted but it'd be like buying an expensive Apple Macbook and running Windows on it. But you also void your warranty on the phone alot with Apple getting very mad at you.

Apple and Google both have janky qualities or things that have happened that are sketchy as fuck. But I never liked that Apples Siri sends your data of whatever the fuck you say to it to Apple and as soon as your speak, it becomes Apples property in a sense. Apple says that the point of the data collection from Siri is to better learn your voice and learn how to respond to more demands but a few snoops found that Apple also sends your voice to it's marketing team. It's sad because even if you disable Siri, all your previous voice actions are still owned by Apple under Siris contract which is hard to find, you have to go deep into the iPhone to find it.

Also, their recent affair with the FBI was a little ridiculous. I'm already paranoid so I'm happy I have programs on my Android that block ISPs, hide my IP, turn off cellular data, and also E19.

In the end, I'm sure both sides have their own bad qualities and good qualities. But I always hated the Apple fanatics and hipsters that buy Apple because it's trendy but also expensive so it makes you look "cool" for the fact you can afford it. Apple fanatics are akin to religious fanatics in my book.

Participate in the NG V-day Card Exchange 2013 Last day to enter is Jan. 11th!

BBS Signature
tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 02:13 PM Reply

At 9/19/12 11:43 AM, Gimmick wrote:.

They're phasing out flash after ICS, aka it's already gone if you get Jelly Bean. Adobe refuses to give updates for mobile flash for Android after ICS.

Then again if you wait until Jan 2013 then you may be able to use Flash in a Windows 8 tablet; Microsoft has a much better "partnership" with Adobe for mobile devices running Win8.

I don't know where you heard that but you must have read the article wrong.

Adobe is phasing out flash for Adobe AIR on Androids.

Participate in the NG V-day Card Exchange 2013 Last day to enter is Jan. 11th!

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 02:18 PM Reply

Everything Tarah said + a lot more

CPOTicTac
CPOTicTac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 9/19/12 02:04 PM, Tarah wrote:
In the end, I'm sure both sides have their own bad qualities and good qualities. But I always hated the Apple fanatics and hipsters that buy Apple because it's trendy but also expensive so it makes you look "cool" for the fact you can afford it. Apple fanatics are akin to religious fanatics in my book.

You are an Android Goddess... I recently purchased a samsung galaxy player, it is awesome!

BBS Signature
elendryst
elendryst
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to iPod iOS vs. Android. post thoughts Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 11:17 PM Reply

At 9/18/12 11:01 PM, wreckr wrote: I had an android and as the updates came out my phone got really sluggish. Now I have an iPhone and everything seems to be going smoothly so far.

Oh, it'll eventually get sluggish. You've never had to deal with iOS 4 on an iPhone 3G.