00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Breakfast-Crow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pitch a TV show!

2,212 Views | 25 Replies

Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-18 19:56:06

If you had to come up with a TV show for a channel with millions of viewers, what would your show be about? Would it be animated or live action? Would it be a comedy or a drama? etc.

I would probably make a generic sitcom cartoon about two roommates getting into all sorts of trouble. It would probably end up being a complete flop, but it would still be cool to say that I had a show on TV at one point.

So what would your ideal show be?

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-18 19:57:28

Live action is done to shit. I'd do an Adventure Time styled cartoon, except that I would go into more detail about the obvious nuclear disaster.

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-18 20:00:01

Three words: Firefly, Season Two.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-18 20:01:15

At 9/18/12 08:00 PM, Trambamboline wrote: Three words: Firefly, Season Two.

Will never happen. FOX kills the majority of great shows before they can even start thinking about season two.

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-18 20:02:18

24/7 Live Suicide Channel.

Pitch a TV show!

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-18 20:03:09

At 9/18/12 08:01 PM, Fluttershy wrote: Will never happen. FOX kills the majority of great shows before they can even start thinking about season two.

I know it will never happen. Fox won't let the rights out of their greedy little hands, but it SHOULD happen, damn it. Castle just isn't fulfilling my monthly recommended intake of Fillion.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-18 22:39:09

At 9/18/12 08:01 PM, Fluttershy wrote:
Will never happen. FOX kills the majority of great shows before they can even start thinking about season two.

The Simpsons?

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-18 22:53:29

At 9/18/12 10:50 PM, Shade wrote:
HA! That's a good one. Not a half bad show, but I feel that the movie covered up most of the loose ends.

Samurai Jack returning at some point would be nice.

New samurai jack would be the best.

And by the way, that picture is hilarious

*Hands Kevlar vest* You'll need this

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-18 22:56:22

At 9/18/12 08:02 PM, Klik wrote: 24/7 Live Suicide Channel.

Goddamnit! Ya beat me to it.

How about we take all the violent criminals, sex offenders, drug attics, and the mentally insane. Put them all enclosed in a fence surrounding wyoming, utah, kansas, and colorado. Then put the wacky antics on live tv.

Pitch a TV show!

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-19 03:28:23

How 'bout we take all the reality TV show stars, divide them into equal teams of 5 players, and pit them in a real-life Grifball tournament, weapons and bombs included.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-19 03:36:03

it would be about me working at kfc and skateboarding all the time and my roommate who works all the time and goes to the dojo to train. when we're not working we get drunk and record raps that we write.

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-19 03:50:58

A sitcom based on the audience that somehow laughs at every stupid joke in a regular sitcom

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-20 04:44:12

A show about a loveable autistic teenager and his wacky exploits!!!!1

in one episode he gets kicked out of the school cafeteria so he goes to the school library and creates school cafeteria propaganda posters and pins them everywhere in the school

he likes to draw shitty comics that only he thinks are good and in one episode he attempts to license a video game based on his comics and create a franchise

he distrusts women

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-20 10:23:35

a 24/7 network dedicated to watching people break, destroy, blow up stuff. You'd have to be crazy not to watch it.

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-20 10:56:37

Takeshi's Castle returning with even better events.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-20 12:50:14

Fuck being creative.

I'd export every single anime I can get my hands on, sell it to dumb kids, and make millions.

That's how they do it in the industry. Though it would be fun if i sold K-on to Disney Channel. Or horrifying.

Fun to play with, even better to eat.

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-20 12:55:02

At 9/20/12 10:23 AM, All-American-Badass wrote: a 24/7 network dedicated to watching people break, destroy, blow up stuff. You'd have to be crazy not to watch it.

So it's like TLC was before they stopped airing Junkyard Wars and Battle Bots then?

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-20 13:07:54

The Room, only sitcom version.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-20 13:10:38

At 9/20/12 01:07 PM, Gimmick wrote: The Room, only sitcom version.

"I got the results of the test back - I definitely have breast cancer." *canned laughter*

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-20 13:24:08

Revelation Street.

The stars of Corrie put aside their differences and sexual affairs in order to team up and defend the cobbles from the increasingly large zombie threat.

One of the main story arcs will be that Carla Connor has an affair with the zombie of Jack Duckworth, Peter Barlow drinks himself to death, and Sophie is still a lesbian.

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-20 13:26:48

At 9/20/12 12:55 PM, Eddmario wrote:
At 9/20/12 10:23 AM, All-American-Badass wrote: a 24/7 network dedicated to watching people break, destroy, blow up stuff. You'd have to be crazy not to watch it.
So it's like TLC was before they stopped airing Junkyard Wars and Battle Bots then?

Yes, add to that Mythbusters and any show based on people shooting guns.

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-20 17:13:58

I'd create a cartoon titled "Taltar's World."

The premise for Taltar's world is that the main character, Taltar, is trying to win over this cute girl who lives in the same town. Essentially, the show goes through the daily happenings of Taltar and his friends; going to the mall, school. Also, many elements are similar to that of the Regular Show and Adventure time, but not entirely.

About halfway into the series, Taltar realizes that he does not actually exist and his world is an illusion. The first several episodes were going normally, showing elements of comedy and wacky cartoon visuals. Episode seven ends with Taltar staring into a mirror, crying. The following episodes involves Taltar interacting with his best friends, trying to gain reassurance that they are real and not illusions. Despite their attempts to convince Taltar that everything is fine, he still maintains a cold, emotionless state, contrasting greatly from his personality at the beginning of the series.

Taltar stops chasing after his crush and forgets about her entirely. On the final episode, Taltar commits suicide.

Signature...Ha...

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-20 18:22:13

America's Next Top Hooker

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-20 18:49:09

A drama show about people who can walk through dreams, fighting nightmares to save people. Trippy visuals are a must. The story needs to start out hopeful, then it needs to flip everyone's expectations on its head and make everyone depressed, before a bittersweet happy ending.

"Dreamwalker" has a nice ring to it, even if it's already been taken.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-20 20:09:00

My animated TV show would involve giant robots, well endowed girls, batshit politicans and leaders, and the occasional out of this world assimilation device and shout out to Gundam and Red Dawn. Wait a sec, it's been done already you say?

Well in that case, I would simply go with uppity hipsters fight each other to the death in a middle of Death Valley, and make it live for the whole world to watch and enjoy.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Pitch a TV show! 2012-09-20 21:48:09

My show would be a sitcom with an ensemble cast, and it would be about the staff that works at an extended stay hotel, the kind of place where businesses put up employees for a few weeks when they're relocating or working on-site for a longer period. Seems like it would generate a lot of opportunities for good characters and good episodes.

Dead.