Respond to this Topic
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 15:03:02 Reply

At 9/18/12 01:19 PM, liljim wrote: Make sure you don't have httpS tacked to the beginning of the URL. It seems that once you've been on https://whatever.com, both chrome and firefox both default to that every time you enter the domain name into your browser.

When I switch to https:// I see tank girl. Is that normal?

Support Newgrounds!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Afro-Ninja
Afro-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 15:14:21 Reply

the least I could do :o

BBS Signature
Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 15:33:15 Reply

At 9/18/12 03:14 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote: the least I could do :o

You could also make another stickman gun game or escape game to bring more traffic to the site...

*cough* *cough*

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 16:04:17 Reply

At 9/18/12 03:03 PM, Step wrote: When I switch to https:// I see tank girl. Is that normal?

The "s" is for "secret"

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 16:10:48 Reply

At 9/17/12 03:38 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: If there was a way to stop bans and having posts and/or reviews deleted, I would gladly pay.

So you're admitting that you'd like to pay to be a spammer?

Wouldn't it just be simpler, to post and review within the rules and guidelines that have been set out for everyone's benefit, not just everyone else's.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey News #StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Diki
Diki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 16:13:22 Reply

Any plans to offer payment options other than credit cards?
I don't have one, and last time I did (when I was in college) I missed a bunch of payments and fucked my credit up, so I haven't gotten another one.

Suppose I could get one of those prepaid ones, but in my experience they get declined from online merchants a lot.

Apatheria
Apatheria
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 16:14:04 Reply

Done! :v

| Demo Reel I Newest Song | Newest Voice Acting | Voice acting man for hire! PM me.

Osuka
Osuka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Animator
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 16:43:41 Reply

At 9/18/12 04:13 PM, Diki wrote: Any plans to offer payment options other than credit cards?

If you have Paypal, contact Tom,
I changed paypal money for Store Credit

Daani
Daani
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 16:50:48 Reply

Oh you lovely Newgrounds. For many years you've been my sanctuary. I will do whatever I can to help! Newgrounds inspire, Newgrounds helps us develop our skills and express ourselves to an enthusiastic crowd.

Thank you Tom and the Newgrounds staff! Keep rocking. Hard.

Warm regards,
Dan

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Reader
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 16:53:43 Reply

So staff... How many have bought the supporter upgrade now?

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Diki
Diki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 17:12:03 Reply

At 9/18/12 04:43 PM, Osuka wrote: If you have Paypal, contact Tom,

Sent him a PM. Hopefully I'll be able to donate to NG. Lord knows this site has given me thousands of hours of entertainment over the years.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 17:16:53 Reply

I plan on it when the money comes by, in the meantime a link for donations is in my signature, close enough for now.

I'm just a dreamer. steam profile

BBS Signature
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 17:26:23 Reply

I would like to think that I've helped Newgrounds over the years by moderating the site, performing various community based projects and whatnot. But in reality, I haven't helped Newgrounds. I've been cleaning what I consider to be my "home" on the Internet. A place where I meet and talk to friends whom many share my interest(s). Goof around, have a fun time watching movies on a short break, listening to unheard music (hipster goes FAPFAPFAP) and sometimes playing a fun webgame.
Where could I othervice do this for free?
No, I've never helped Newgrounds, I've been part of a fun community based on a site where you can do all these things for free. Things that other members of the community created. I've never helped Newgrounds, I've helped maintaining my and many others home on the web. And I'm damn proud of having been part of this community.
In a specific way (that I won't mention in detail WINK WINK, TOM;) Newgrounds and Tom have helped me in getting my current dreamjob, working with sound for the games studio Dice. Even if I'm not rich, and even if I because of the same job don't have much time to spend on Newgrounds nowadays, I still visit "home" at least 3-4 times/week - and you bet your ass I think that the least I can do is to show my support!

Newgrounds is an honest site who is honest about its current situation. It is, like Tom mentions, a site not dependent on any large "evil soul-less corporation". I dearly hope that this fact and honesty will surge through the Internet and that NG will grow, because You and I who are members of this community deserves it. Yeah yeah yeah, also Tom and the staff deserves this for creating and maintining the place, I guess... ;)

Lots of <3 to Newgrounds, from me to everyone!

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 17:32:58 Reply

There we go.
I'm an unemployed bum, and yet I still bought it.

KingDavid
KingDavid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Animator
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 17:35:44 Reply

I'd love to support Newgrounds but frankly I havent been feeling loved by newgrounds with recent releases :(

fa2mann
fa2mann
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 17:42:51 Reply

Ok, but where can i pay it by using paypal?
It's the only way i can support it and i gotta support newgrounds!

Mattster
Mattster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 18:26:49 Reply

At 9/18/12 05:42 PM, fa2mann wrote: Ok, but where can i pay it by using paypal?

According to Osuka...

At 9/18/12 04:43 PM, Osuka wrote: If you have Paypal, contact Tom,
Spudzy
Spudzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 18:31:28 Reply

Awww shit, I'll support NG really soon!! I promise!

Dog5ight
Dog5ight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 18:57:13 Reply

when it comes to awesome and funny games/movies/etc. no one can beat newgrounds hell games like alien hominid and castle crashers were so good that they made on console and xbx live if that doesn't say something about newgrounds i don't know what will

newgrounds ftw
newgrounds for life

jknintendo
jknintendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 19:00:43 Reply

Yo tommy, whats with the old games reappearing on the Frontpage? v

GIR Is a transvestite. Your argument is invalid.

BBS Signature
Diki
Diki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 19:35:21 Reply

At 9/18/12 05:42 PM, fa2mann wrote: Ok, but where can i pay it by using paypal?

Fire a PM off to Tom. That's what I did and was able to send payment via PayPal.
Now I just need to wait for him to get the confirmation. :)

NewShape
NewShape
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Writer
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 19:40:45 Reply

Loved this site even when it had malware running on it. Nastysex.exe from the Clockwork-Adam page, my parents really appreciated that on the family PC.

Will donate the $25 dollars around October time.
I don't care about blocking the ads though, unless they make noise.

TFX
TFX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 19:43:59 Reply

I've been on the site since 2000, which blows my mind a bit. I've done some stuff over the years, but I inevitably felt kinda guilty about having never bought anything from the site (although I was contributing plenty of individual ad impressions).

I did a write up on my thoughts and have, subsequently, become a supporter. Here's to chasing the dream, Tom.

http://www.flesheatingzipper.com/entertainment/2012/09/newgr ounds-begins-ad-free-supporter-buy-in-can-they-best-penny-ar cade/

i9incher
i9incher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 19:45:43 Reply

you know the drill.

Support Newgrounds!

BBS Signature
Mizzjuicyflava
Mizzjuicyflava
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Reader
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 19:46:27 Reply

I really do love NG. I've met and made a lot of great friends on this site. I want to see this site keep going! I'm proud to be a supporter!

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 19:56:52 Reply

At 9/18/12 05:35 PM, KingDavid wrote: I'd love to support Newgrounds but frankly I havent been feeling loved by newgrounds with recent releases :(

Awe man and I actually was gonna FP the Sketch Collab the other day but put it off and forgot. I front paged it now but NOT OUT OF GUILT.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 20:05:36 Reply

At 9/18/12 07:43 PM, TFX wrote: I did a write up on my thoughts and have, subsequently, become a supporter. Here's to chasing the dream, Tom.

http://www.flesheatingzipper.com/entertainment/2012/09/newgr ounds-begins-ad-free-supporter-buy-in-can-they-best-penny-ar cade/

Thanks for the writeup! On the topic of multiplatform, it's a much bigger goal than it looks like. We are bringing a guy onboard who will be working on the video processing server (to make mobile versions, accept more file formats, etc.) and Mike has been developing software that does best-ever SWF to video conversions - a lot of the YouTube guys have already been using an old beta and movies like Starbarians put it to use here on NG.

We need mobile content before a mobile site has much use - mobile-sized video and html5 games are a big piece of that. We've made a lot of back-end overhauls to prepare for multi-platform versions of existing content and everything will be falling into place as 2012 comes to a close. If NG looks like it's trying to do much already, WE'LL SHOW YOU CRAZY.

BBS Signature
egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 20:12:03 Reply

At 9/18/12 04:13 PM, Diki wrote: Suppose I could get one of those prepaid ones, but in my experience they get declined from online merchants a lot.

Debit card? I use mine everywhere, no declines as of yet (but that's because I manage my money)

At 9/18/12 07:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: Awe man and I actually was gonna FP the Sketch Collab the other day but put it off and forgot. I front paged it now but NOT OUT OF GUILT.

Sure, Tom. Whatever you say :P

I'll support when I can, but I had to get a router and a switch first. The router i'm using is throttling each thread to about 40-50K/sec
Next month, maybe?

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras) PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled. thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 20:14:24 Reply

At 9/18/12 07:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: Awe man and I actually was gonna FP the Sketch Collab the other day but put it off and forgot. I front paged it now but NOT OUT OF GUILT.

Hey, uh, I'm not feeling loved...

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Corky-D
Corky-D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to Support Newgrounds! 2012-09-18 20:16:27 Reply

At 9/18/12 08:05 PM, TomFulp wrote: We need mobile content before a mobile site has much use - mobile-sized video and html5 games are a big piece of that. We've made a lot of back-end overhauls to prepare for multi-platform versions of existing content and everything will be falling into place as 2012 comes to a close. If NG looks like it's trying to do much already, WE'LL SHOW YOU CRAZY.

Sounds hot.

I don't have a credit card, so I'll just make sure to click an interesting ad at least every three days.

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature