00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Angelite's Artistic Output Sector

780 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Angelite's Artistic Output Sector 2012-09-17 07:00:28

Okay, Ever since reentering newgrounds as a matured individual, I have made many realizations that I would have never made without meeting certain... artist for lack of a better title. I realized that I may be a big fish, but a big fish is insignificant in the ocean. So I guess I am here looking for someone to put me in their fish tank.

In short, I am somewhat of a pixel artist. I absolutely love pixel'd edges, and I believe they do a great deal in defining my personality, but I am very, very willing to step outside my comfort zone if it means I can potentially learn something. But I guess I am only stating my affinity for pixels due to my lack of will depart from such style. Pixels will always be my main.

Without further explaination, I'll present to you the works of which I am really proud of.

Response to Angelite's Artistic Output Sector 2012-09-17 07:02:19

Slphy Pixel BG 01

I don't know, as I make more sprites for a future game, I'll make more backgrounds.

Response to Angelite's Artistic Output Sector 2012-09-17 07:06:05

Re-Evaluate

Due to Nudity I'll only leave a link

I am a huge, HUGE fan of rendering purple grids.

Response to Angelite's Artistic Output Sector 2012-09-17 07:08:27

Speculation

I attempted water, water horizons, and soft transparency in this image. I feel I was mildly successful.

Feel free to indicate how I can improve on such techniques

Response to Angelite's Artistic Output Sector 2012-09-17 07:36:38

Portrait of a Girl

Due to nudity I'll only leave a link.

This is a portrait of one of my friends, she proved really cooperative, but unfortunately I proved unable to draw anatomic extremes.

<Sorry about the wait, I was blissfully unaware of the forum posting limiter.

Response to Angelite's Artistic Output Sector 2012-09-17 07:55:40

Growth

My most recent and esteemed image I've drawn. I feel really close to this one probably because I spent a lot, A LOT of time meticulously chopping around the borders of every pixel (Cause I'm used to pixels) to make sure I am not bothered by how it looks.

Unfortunately part of being an artist is being bothered by your works.

Needless to say I am bothered by this work.

Response to Angelite's Artistic Output Sector 2012-09-17 09:13:33

Now here's where I need your helps n stuff. I want to experience different art forms, I want to express myself in non humanoid forms, I want to color with hues and values, I want have a digital painting, I want to manually draw up a background that isn't so arbitrary, and I am tired of take such steps with individuals who posses the same stubborn mindset as myself.

So I need you, the talented and experienced user of this well cultured site to challenge me. Challenge me to grow, challenge me to fit places I've never been, challenge me to create something I couldn't before imagine, and most importantly, at least leave a map of where I should be going on your challenge! >:T

Small bit of artistic facts about myself which I hope would help you on suggesting your challenge;

-I tend to think in 2-d
-I tend to think in shapes instead of forms
-Everything I ever imagine has borders
-Things look alot better in my head than they do when I draw them
-I am horribly hasty
-I can always see my errors, but I am sometimes unable to rectify them

Please inquire if you need. This will be my last post that isn't a response to someone else for the day.

<a nd here's an example of my framing process(model was used)>

Response to Angelite's Artistic Output Sector 2012-09-17 20:04:30

At 9/17/12 09:13 AM, AngeliteCehack wrote: Now here's where I need your helps n stuff. I want to experience different art forms, I want to express myself in non humanoid forms, I want to color with hues and values, I want have a digital painting, I want to manually draw up a background that isn't so arbitrary, and I am tired of take such steps with individuals who posses the same stubborn mindset as myself.

So I need you, the talented and experienced user of this well cultured site to challenge me. Challenge me to grow, challenge me to fit places I've never been, challenge me to create something I couldn't before imagine, and most importantly, at least leave a map of where I should be going on your challenge! >:T

Small bit of artistic facts about myself which I hope would help you on suggesting your challenge;

-I tend to think in 2-d
-I tend to think in shapes instead of forms
-Everything I ever imagine has borders
-Things look alot better in my head than they do when I draw them
-I am horribly hasty
-I can always see my errors, but I am sometimes unable to rectify them

Please inquire if you need. This will be my last post that isn't a response to someone else for the day.

<a nd here's an example of my framing process(model was used)>

Well, let me give you some advice, or at least how I see it:
1. Try not to be to hasty, you never want to rush a drawing. It's never a bad thing to take time on your stuff and to change your drawings as you go.
2. Don't stop drawing/working on a piece even if you don't like the direction it's going or if you see a mistake. I feel that if you do this then you can expand on your drawing process and physically see your problem areas and work them out; Hell, maybe the end result will be good, or it will be a 'happy mistake'
3. Don't worry about what you see in your head perfectly, just draw to your ability and you will evolve over time if you put the effort into it.

I think you should work on your backgrounds a lot more too. I can't really give you proportion advice, because I still need some work as well....
Well that's how I see it. Happy drawing.