New Topic Respond to this Topic
moondevourer
moondevourer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
in which moondevourer tries to draw 2012-09-17 01:47:45 Reply

Guess I should say a little something about myself. I'm 17, female, and an aspiring artist. I'd like to work in the video game industry one day, but, as you can see by my doofy composition and self-taught style, that goal is far off. Please criticize me so I can improve <__>

drone[ORIGINAL]

praetorian[ORIGINAL]

queen[ORIGINAL]

great grey wolf sif [FANART]

Praise the sun, everyone.

Also, I'm a bit lost, as you can see. I'd like to post images instead of links to my NG gallery, but I don't know how to, LOL. Are there any tutorials around pertaining to the NG image size/resolution limit and/or forum coding? I'm used to bbcode forums <___>

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to in which moondevourer tries to draw 2012-09-17 02:07:47 Reply

At 9/17/12 01:47 AM, moondevourer wrote: Also, I'm a bit lost, as you can see. I'd like to post images instead of links to my NG gallery, but I don't know how to, LOL. Are there any tutorials around pertaining to the NG image size/resolution limit and/or forum coding? I'm used to bbcode forums <___>

There is a little box, just under the one where you type your replies and new topics. Has the words "Include Image" just a little off to the left.
Beside that box is the max file size and dimensions allowed for the pictures.
The current accepted file types are .GIF .JPG. PNG.

their might be one other, I forget... but those are the ones you'll want to use.

The Function will do some reduction if your dimensions are off, but it doesn't always get the file size under the limit. and the quality is not always that great. You are better off making your own reductions to fit the specifications on your own. After a while it will become second nature if you continue to stick around the art forum.
Also you can only Include 1 picture per post, seems confusing, I know, but we like it that way... also prevents massive picture spamming. This will actually give you the cool opportunity to dedicate one entire post to a single picture, How cool is that, right! Its like it has its own little parade and everything...

So Good luck, keep posting... and we'll look in to the tutorial thing... it might not be a bad idea.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
moondevourer
moondevourer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to in which moondevourer tries to draw 2012-09-17 11:28:07 Reply

Wow, really? Thanks for the help, I'll get on that.
Also, I'd like to thank the artist that scouted me moments ago[Conquestus]. I appreciate the extra exposure, I really need critique. I'll be sure to work extra-hard now!

Next posts will be images, so stay tuned, I guess.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to in which moondevourer tries to draw 2012-09-17 11:31:57 Reply

Not bad. Not bad at all.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
moondevourer
moondevourer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to in which moondevourer tries to draw 2012-09-17 11:39:25 Reply

I feel that posting whatever I put on my NG page in this thread would be kind of redundant. Ah well, praise the sun.
I will also probably be doing something of the Sanctuary Guardian later. The hi-res version of this one is already in the first post, lol.

in which moondevourer tries to draw