Be a Supporter!
Kaiboiii
Kaiboiii
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Audio Usage Help 2012-09-16 05:10:41 Reply

I have found a lot of music I like on Newgrounds and was wondering if I can use it all as long as I give credit, would that be allowed? Or would I need the owners permission?

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Audio Usage Help 2012-09-16 08:07:42 Reply

At 9/16/12 05:10 AM, Kaiboiii wrote: I have found a lot of music I like on Newgrounds and was wondering if I can use it all as long as I give credit, would that be allowed? Or would I need the owners permission?

If you're using it non-commercially, it's fine as long as you credit them. But asking for their permission, for me, is considered as etiquette.

AetherX
AetherX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Audio Usage Help 2012-09-16 14:58:55 Reply

Not to mention we love to hear how our work is being used! I would be VERY surprised if someone said that you couldn't use their song, especially because then you could just go do it anyway.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--
Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Kaiboiii
Kaiboiii
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Usage Help 2012-09-16 17:47:11 Reply

Would big people like OneyNG let us use it for free use?

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Audio Usage Help 2012-09-16 19:31:19 Reply

At 9/16/12 05:47 PM, Kaiboiii wrote: Would big people like OneyNG let us use it for free use?

If the music you want to use is on Newgrounds, then they've effectively got no choice but to let you, irrespective of how popular they are.

Anything a music artist submits to Newgrounds goes under a Creative Commons licence, meaning that it can be used, remade or built-on without even needing to ask for consent from the original artist (although it's always polite to do so), on the two conditions that profit is not made unless a separate deal is agreed upon with the original artist, and the artist is credited.

So in a nutshell, if you want to use Oney's music, just make sure that you credit him and if you plan on making money, you discuss it with him first.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature