New Topic Respond to this Topic
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Scary Story Collaboration Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 06:29 PM Reply

Do you like Horror Novels? Do you like short stories? Do you like collaborations? Well, here's your chance to collaborate with ME! I have been interested in horror stories for about the last month or so, and was wondering (humbly of course) if anyone would be interested in a collaboration, of some sort? It would be where we would all write a short story, and you would of course, PM me the story so I can look over it and judge it to see if it's scary enough to be included in this anthology, and then, if it scares my pants off, I'll make it part of the anthology! Of course, my stories will be in there by default, since I have proposed this collaboration, and since I have been developing my techniques as an author as well as an artist.

Anyways, if you're interested, submit your stories to me via PM, and I'll put it in the anthology via Wattpad!

Happy Scaring!

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Scary Story Collaboration Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 06:32 PM Reply

The cover for the anthology. I'll change it once I get the stories from everyone to include all of the authors who joined up and submitted their stories.

Scary Story Collaboration

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
starwarsjunkie
starwarsjunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Scary Story Collaboration Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 11:23 AM Reply

I've never really written horror before, but I'd be interested in giving it a go. Do you have a date when you want them by? Also, any criteria as far as length and what not?

Grungy Mech action in 1940s Russia! Read Iron and Ice!

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Scary Story Collaboration Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 12:48 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 11:23 AM, starwarsjunkie wrote: I've never really written horror before, but I'd be interested in giving it a go. Do you have a date when you want them by? Also, any criteria as far as length and what not?

No, not really. I would like to have a few stories by November, though. That way, the anthology can get going. If I find something you could improve on, I'll let you know.

BBS Signature
DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Scary Story Collaboration Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 07:41 PM Reply

Just some friendly suggestions:

Try to limit stories to 2.5k or 3k words. This is more than adequate to develop tension/suspense and make the story scary.

Try to make the deadline in about 1 month, so the collab can come out by Halloween.

Despite the name, I'm actually good--Deft, and good!

Giving out reviews to anyone who wants them (exception: poems. I'll find you).

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Scary Story Collaboration Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 07:20 AM Reply

I could give this a whirl, I can't guarantee it'll be amazing though.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Scary Story Collaboration Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 01:27 PM Reply

At 9/19/12 07:20 AM, Shade wrote: I could give this a whirl, I can't guarantee it'll be amazing though.

Sure thing. All skill levels accepted. : )

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Scary Story Collaboration Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 04:30 PM Reply

I'm in. I was just reading up on some horror movies and their plots and got inspired and though up some gory scenes that would flip stomachs.

Steam | Letterboxd | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Scary Story Collaboration Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 01:02 PM Reply

At 9/19/12 04:30 PM, J-Rex wrote: I'm in. I was just reading up on some horror movies and their plots and got inspired and though up some gory scenes that would flip stomachs.

Alright! Please send your story to britishboxerdudley@gmail.com and I will make it part of the anthology on Wattpad! I cannot guarantee profits though. It may or may not get published officially, but in the event it does and strikes gold, well...You know the deal. I would split the profits evenly between all of the authors of course, so that's not an issue.

BBS Signature
starwarsjunkie
starwarsjunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Scary Story Collaboration Oct. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:29 AM Reply

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still working on my story and should have something for you to look at in the next couple of days.

starwarsjunkie
starwarsjunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Scary Story Collaboration Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 04:33 PM Reply

At 9/26/12 01:02 PM, HiryuGouki wrote:
Alright! Please send your story to britishboxerdudley@gmail.com and I will make it part of the anthology on Wattpad! I cannot guarantee profits though. It may or may not get published officially, but in the event it does and strikes gold, well...You know the deal. I would split the profits evenly between all of the authors of course, so that's not an issue.

Just emailed you my story, lemme know if you don't get it or the formatting is screwed up.

ThaProfessor
ThaProfessor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Scary Story Collaboration Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 11:18 AM Reply

I'd be interested in attempting to contribute to this project. I don't have much experience writing scary shorts but I can give it a try. I'll try and get it to you in 2-3 weeks or before the deadline if it has been set already

BBS Signature