New Topic Respond to this Topic
LuisFregoso
LuisFregoso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
A Good Swf To Video Converter? Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 11:51 PM Reply

So i finished my animation and i want to upload it also to youtube, i have a swf to avi converter "Sothink" but when the conversion is done, the sound is gone, any idea why?
or maybe can you tell me which converter you guys use or some converter you know is good?

Tx

LuisFregoso
LuisFregoso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 01:19 PM Reply

At 9/14/12 11:51 PM, LuisFregoso wrote: So i finished my animation and i want to upload it also to youtube, i have a swf to avi converter "Sothink" but when the conversion is done, the sound is gone, any idea why?
or maybe can you tell me which converter you guys use or some converter you know is good?

Tx

please help :(

Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 01:46 PM Reply

If you haven't used a v-cam then you can simply import your .swf into Premiere Pro or After Effects and export as any video format you like. You will need to export the sound from Flash separately though and add it to the video.

If that doesn't work and you want to use a .swf to video converter, you're going to have to buy the full version of one as most of the free versions have major restrictions such as giant watermarks. If you're going to buy a swf to video program I would recommend something like Moyea as it's really good and reasonably cheap. Also, Newgrounds is developing their own .swf to video program and I think it's being released to the public fairly soon so you could maybe wait till that's released.

BBS Signature
LuisFregoso
LuisFregoso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 05:10 PM Reply

ooh oks tx :)

CzySzy
CzySzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 12:51 AM Reply

I use Camtasia and I'm hapy with it.

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 06:03 AM Reply

At 9/15/12 01:46 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: If you haven't used a v-cam then you can simply import your .swf into Premiere Pro or After Effects and export as any video format you like. You will need to export the sound from Flash separately though and add it to the video.

If that doesn't work and you want to use a .swf to video converter, you're going to have to buy the full version of one as most of the free versions have major restrictions such as giant watermarks. If you're going to buy a swf to video program I would recommend something like Moyea as it's really good and reasonably cheap. Also, Newgrounds is developing their own .swf to video program and I think it's being released to the public fairly soon so you could maybe wait till that's released.

It's not just Vcam, if your animation depends on movie clips in general it will not import correctly. Moyea is your best bet as you can force it to capture every frame at 1080p , and not depend on your computer capturing in real time like you would with a screencapture recorder.

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Sep. 24th, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 9/24/12 06:03 AM, PeterSatera wrote: It's not just Vcam, if your animation depends on movie clips in general it will not import correctly. Moyea is your best bet as you can force it to capture every frame at 1080p , and not depend on your computer capturing in real time like you would with a screencapture recorder.

Yeah, V-cams are Movieclips hence why they don't work under those settings. Also it's been a while since I've used Moyea, that's pretty cool how you can make it record at 1080p when I used to use it a few years ago I remember only being able to record video at the .swf's native resolution.

BBS Signature
WhiteLightning
WhiteLightning
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Filmmaker
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 04:38 PM Reply

At 9/14/12 11:51 PM, LuisFregoso wrote: So i finished my animation and i want to upload it also to youtube, i have a swf to avi converter "Sothink" but when the conversion is done, the sound is gone, any idea why?

Tx

Hi Luis,

Unfortunately, I can tell you after much experience, rigorous googling, and spending more than I wish I did, "good swf to video converter" isn't really so much a thing. Sothink's is actually pretty decent, so you should be able to find a solution to the sound problem somewhere.

But, fear not, for Swivel is coming! I don't know if this will help with your current project, but if you're able to hold off on converting for a while, Newgrounds is going to release Swivel, which is specially made just for this purpose, and works super well. You can already see samples of it in recent submissions. I don't know when it will deemed finished, but it should be relatively soon, and it will be free, so that's a plus.

BBS Signature
DillonBrannick
DillonBrannick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:18 AM Reply

At 9/15/12 01:46 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: If you haven't used a v-cam then you can simply import your .swf into Premiere Pro or After Effects and export as any video format you like. You will need to export the sound from Flash separately though and add it to the video.

What about png sequences, do they include movieclips?

BBS Signature
nconde25
nconde25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 3rd, 2012 @ 07:03 AM Reply

Don't use a converter!
i've tried millions and all give problems, but i've found the best solution last night.

Export to .MOV
i use resolution of the stage 1280x720 HD for youtube.
set store temp data on memory and click quick time settings:

compression type: animation
24 fps
ref frame every 2 frames
million of colors
quality high.

export.

This works with Movie clips, It export VCAM end everything!

all without external program what else can you ask! :))

BBS Signature
MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 01:00 AM Reply

i use the iwisoft swf to video converter. it captures the video pretty well. the only downside is that there are some minor lags and it slightly goes out of sync, but nothing a little editing in sony vegas/etc. can't fix.

now i use swivel. works like a charm, nearly perfect swf-to-video conversions (starbarians is proof)

Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 04:14 AM Reply

At 10/2/12 04:18 AM, DillonBrannick wrote: What about png sequences, do they include movieclips?

normal movieclips used for animation purposes, yes. Movieclips with actionscipt applied to it such as a v-cam, no. It will just export at the default stage if you try it.

At 10/3/12 07:03 AM, nconde25 wrote: compression type: animation
24 fps
ref frame every 2 frames
million of colors
quality high.

export.

It seems with the newer versions of Flash, especially CS5 and 6 that exported video from Flash works a lot better anyway. I hardly ever get those weird lines and glitchy graphics when exporting video like I used to get.

By the way, you say to use the animation codec for compression. In my experience that isn't a very effective codec as it creates a giant file size and can slow down the video. I would recommend using Apple ProRes 422 instead as it's still classed as an uncompressed video format yet the file size is lower and it plays back at full speed.

BBS Signature
nconde25
nconde25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 02:11 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 04:14 AM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: It seems with the newer versions of Flash, especially CS5 and 6 that exported video from Flash works a lot better anyway. I hardly ever get those weird lines and glitchy graphics when exporting video like I used to get.

By the way, you say to use the animation codec for compression. In my experience that isn't a very effective codec as it creates a giant file size and can slow down the video. I would recommend using Apple ProRes 422 instead as it's still classed as an uncompressed video format yet the file size is lower and it plays back at full speed.

Export as video on Cs6 ignores the Vcam, so it's a no-no, unless you don't use a vcam.

I'm whiling to try the compressor you mentioned but it doesn't appear on my quicktime export settings, how can i get in there ?

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 4th, 2012 @ 03:08 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 02:11 PM, nconde25 wrote: Export as video on Cs6 ignores the Vcam, so it's a no-no, unless you don't use a vcam.

Ah! I have not tried CS6 so that's news to me...I would have thought that the export settings would be more refined on the newest version rather than ignoring an essential component such as v-cam scripts, that's odd.

I'm whiling to try the compressor you mentioned but it doesn't appear on my quicktime export settings, how can i get in there ?

Here you go dude!

for Mac

for Windows

BBS Signature
Osmino
Osmino
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 5th, 2012 @ 02:02 AM Reply

Tx

I use this software to convert swf to video format.
Conversion takes about 5min or less. (Depending on the movies length, of course)
Doesn't mess with vcam either.

Sample

nconde25
nconde25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 5th, 2012 @ 02:51 AM Reply

At 10/4/12 03:08 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: Here you go dude!

for Mac

for Windows

Well this is odd, when i download it, it tells me i have a newer version installed so it will not let me install, but it don't appear on my quicktime export settings :D

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 5th, 2012 @ 04:51 AM Reply

At 10/5/12 02:51 AM, nconde25 wrote: Well this is odd, when i download it, it tells me i have a newer version installed so it will not let me install, but it don't appear on my quicktime export settings :D

That is quite odd indeed, the codec does come with certain programs like Final Cut, but then again if you already have it installed then it should appear on the export setting's list, strange...

BBS Signature
FiendMachine
FiendMachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Game Developer
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 5th, 2012 @ 10:21 AM Reply

Try using Hypercam

Depressed?Cool.Just put some party music and say GTFO to your sorrows

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 5th, 2012 @ 11:07 AM Reply

At 10/5/12 10:21 AM, TechBurger wrote: Try using Hypercam

That doesn't work very well at all, bad frame rate and less than desirable picture quality.

If you're going to use a screen record program, use Screenflow.

BBS Signature
RionHunter
RionHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 07:34 PM Reply

I used a program called 'recool' recently, and it worked really well.

However, it's sorta stuffing up now when it comes to converting it to video, after capturing the .swf, and the website has no working emails and no way of contacting them.

And I actually paid for it >:(

googletoper
googletoper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 08:46 PM Reply

i use Freemake Video Converter and the other free make tools. i like them, mainly to take stuff off youtube and "poop" them.

I'm not high, im just on cafine, adrenaline rush, and/or have a "rocket" in my pocket!

BBS Signature
guitan11
guitan11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 12:40 PM Reply

At 10/4/12 01:00 AM, MistyEntertainment wrote: i use the iwisoft swf to video converter. it captures the video pretty well. the only downside is that there are some minor lags and it slightly goes out of sync, but nothing a little editing in sony vegas/etc. can't fix.

now i use swivel. works like a charm, nearly perfect swf-to-video conversions (starbarians is proof)

i use iwisoft swf to video converter too. its pretty decent. and i actually ran int the same problem of exporting with no audio, all you had to do was update to a newer version, and its free to try out. all you get is a watermark on the corner about 1-2 inches long.
and i want to know more about this converter that newgrounds is coming up with! i have not heard of it :O

I'LL SHOW YOU MY NEW MOVE!

BBS Signature
devilsgarage
devilsgarage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 01:55 AM Reply

Tx

Have you tried newgrounds own swf to video converter? Swivel

A Good Swf To Video Converter?

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 07:17 AM Reply

At 2/21/13 01:55 AM, thedevilsgarage wrote:

Tx
Have you tried newgrounds own swf to video converter? Swivel

Since Swivel has came out, I've put it through it's paces. And with using loads of these converters, I can say that Swivel is the best converter than anything else which is commercially available. It

It needs improvements, such as flash8 swf's can cause it to crash, and exporting as a 1 to 1 image sequence ratio would make it perfect.

BBS Signature
DriftWolf
DriftWolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Mar. 20th, 2013 @ 04:19 AM Reply

Tx

YouConvertIt (free) is an online video converter service that will convert many popular video formats. You just upload the video file and wait for an email link to the converted file.

EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Mar. 20th, 2013 @ 05:27 PM Reply

Use Swivel.

BBS Signature
gamefuns
gamefuns
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 10:33 PM Reply

You can try bvcsoft swf to flv converter,it works great for me.The tool support swf to flv,mp4,mov,wmv,avi,mpeg, 3gp converter,also support swf volume normalizer or increase/decrease volume from 75db to 105db.very good!

Good Luck!

Pkmn2
Pkmn2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Animator
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:03 AM Reply

Yeah. I recommend NG's Swivel.

But there's also another way. It's a DirectX/OpenGL capture program called dxtory.
The interface can be challenging at first and the recording too, but it records everything that you play in the Flash player.

Nintentrix. Presto Sprites! Retro Sights!

BBS Signature
zttvs
zttvs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 01:09 PM Reply

Swivel! :D

kaylawang
kaylawang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to A Good Swf To Video Converter? Aug. 28th, 2013 @ 01:24 AM Reply

To convert SWF video format, Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac or video converter for windows can satisfy your need. It can solve almost all video format problems and keep perfect video and audio synchronization of the output video.